Deleted

Clarity of Will crit

confusion solved. can be closed.

Hey,

just wanted to ask, whether it is a bug that Clarity of Will only crits for 30% more healing or whether it is supposed to be such low?

My flash Heal on Beta heals for 28748 --> a crit gives an additional 42854 absorb
    My PWS absorbs 34570 --> a crit gives an absorb of 69141.

My Clarity of Will absorbs 45631 --> a crit absorbs only 59320?
    Last edited by mmoc4a508c869e; 2014-09-19 at 03:18 PM.

It's most likely due to Clarity of Will hits the HP % cap on the target when critting. This can be an annoying problem of wasted stats with this spell... Would be fixed if this spell triggered the extra crit into Aegis instead of trying to dubble up.

Deleted
    Well, pretty sure that this is not the reason. I remember, when hitting 3x clarity of will I got over 140k absorbs, but I did not test what the threshold is (can check when at home). But the cap is much higher than 1 Clarity of Will crit could produce. I guess CoW crit is just coded wrong.

Deleted
    submit that as a bug asap then..it's a nice find

Pretty sure the CoW threshold is 50% of target's max HP. It was capping at about 90k on my 180k hp priest., and capping around 130k on a 260k hp tank.

Deleted
    59320 was not a crit, it was a multistrike (45631 *1.3)

Deleted
    Ah thx, that explains it, weird i casted over 100x times and never got a crit then, hmm will test again tonight. Sry for the confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Dessi View Post
    59320 was not a crit, it was a multistrike (45631 *1.3)
    Case Closed

- - - Updated - - -

I'm guessing CoW cant crit at all?
    Which is disgusting.
    Disc Priests: Just 2 mana trinkets away from becoming Withered

Deleted
    it can crit, and the crit can multistrike. so you can get near the cap with one single cast (ie: i am doing 128k ms crits without procs, selfbuffed, 153k is my current cap)

Quote Originally Posted by Dessi View Post
    it can crit, and the crit can multistrike. so you can get near the cap with one single cast (ie: i am doing 128k ms crits without procs, selfbuffed, 153k is my current cap)
    If we can already get there in the first tier the talent needs to get looked at.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    If we can already get there in the first tier the talent needs to get looked at.
    Health pools scale much faster with gear than the rest of our stats, so the cap should be ok for raiders right? I can't imagine anyone else would care.

Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    Health pools scale much faster with gear than the rest of our stats, so the cap should be ok for raiders right? I can't imagine anyone else would care.
    I do not see any evidence for this.
    As stats are synergetic I can't really see health scaling faster with gearlevel than healing. The combination of intelligence and mastery on our gear will cause absorbs to scale faster unless stamina on gear scales faster with itemlevel than other stats combined.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    I do not see any evidence for this.
    As stats are synergetic I can't really see health scaling faster with gearlevel than healing. The combination of intelligence and mastery on our gear will cause absorbs to scale faster unless stamina on gear scales faster with itemlevel than other stats combined.
    They buffed HP from stamina a lot, I don't know the old and new values, but compared to HPS/DPS, your health pools are enormous now. They're basically like a fresh 90 in 5.4, just with a lot less DPS/HPS. And if I'm not totally wrong (I likely am), gear has more stamina by default now, too. Battle fatigue being dropped to 20% from 80% is an obvious result of the new stamina scaling. A player with 250k HP in 5.4 has 1.25m effective hitpoints, with 6.0 it'll be just 312k.

I would agree though, capping a shield like that seems a bit excessive. Now, it's a lot of casting time and no damage, but that looks like some really high HPS for a slow casting single target spell, especially since we're not talking about raid buffed here.