Deleted

nothing works as intended

So i got my pc-parts today. i build them together and well now for the main act: nothing works.

My graphics card only boots every third or so time. the cpu-led is steady red and the dram led is going on and off -.-

Specs:
    Motherboard:ASUS M5A99FX
    G-Card: Gigabyte R270x
    Ram: Kingston Hyperx PC-12800
    Processor: AMD FX8320
    Energy: EVGA 100b1-0600kr

so maybe anyone has an idea?
    seriously, complete chaos... and no damn idea what to do

EDIT: The graphics-card problem is solved (and the dram-led stays off, hooray)
    The only thing is the cpu led, which is straight red...
    Last edited by mmocd8412e9215; 2014-06-25 at 07:09 PM.

Deleted
    ...sounds like either a PSU or Motherboard issue. Check your mobo's manual to make sure that everything is connected properly, and ensure that the storage drive is in the SATA0 position, which is the primary.

Deleted
    i edited a bit... solved one problem xD

15+ Year Old Account
    Are you getting any signal to monitor (does it boot up and if so can you get to bios)? Check all the wiring and connections and try to boot again. Use the motherboard manual to detect what those leds mean and see if anything indicates of hardware fault. If you still can't figure it out, start again from the scratch. Take it all apart and put together outside the PC. Place the motherboard on top of the box it came on and connect PSU, GPU, CPU and one stick of RAM. If the problem persists swap the RAM stick to different slots and/or use the other RAM stick instead.

Your main concern should be that red cpu led and blinking RAM led. Checking the motherboard manual to see what those means should get you started.

Deleted
    the ram LED doesn't flash anymore. that problem seems solved...