View Poll Results: Are you happy about this change?

Voters
3783. This poll is closed
  • Yes! I don't care where I hang around as long as there are portals!

912 24.11%
  • No! I was really looking forward to Karabor/Bladespire as my faction hub.

2,871 75.89%
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Yeah because Bladespire and Karabor aren't used in the questing, amirite?

Oh wait they are.
    What's that have to do with anything? Phasing. DKs use Stormwind and Orgrimmar for questing too, and humans and orcs and trolls all use them too for their starting quests. What's your point?

Yeah because Bladespire and Karabor aren't used in the questing, amirite?

Oh wait they are.

Conspiracy theory much? How more clear does Mumper have to be when he says the hubs don't have forced pvp participation?

NOPE THEY MUST STILL BE TRYING TO FORCE PEOPLE.

Yes, because making the faction hubs be at the edges of a WPvP zone is totally just a coincidence. Kek.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    People will sit in the town regardless of where it's located if they don't want to leave. Difference is the town you get isn't an awesome and unique city and is instead a dinky reused outpost we've seen a hundred times.

Hear hear.

Deleted
    Listen to the crowd's reaction:
    http://youtu.be/9TKO3Z_oVac?t=11m27s

This was one of the big features for WoD in my opinion. The idea of assaulting or defending a huge city in order to be able to use it as a faction capital was new and I was looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    People will sit in the town regardless of where it's located if they don't want to leave. Difference is the town you get isn't an awesome and unique city and is instead a dinky reused outpost we've seen a hundred times.
    Then go to the town?

Yes, because making the faction hubs be at the edges of a WPvP zone is totally just a coincidence. Kek.
    @APeixotto @Vigilate_MW Correct, no forced PVP in the hubs.
    https://twitter.com/mumper/status/482392685261508608

For your pleasure.

What's that have to do with anything? Phasing. DKs use Stormwind and Orgrimmar for questing too, and humans and orcs and trolls all use them too for their starting quests. What's your point?
    My point is that its a flat out lie, at best, to say that they are wasting the cities. They are utilized during the quests. Not to mention that both cities still exist and you can visit, even after completing the zones.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2014-06-27 at 09:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Will garrisons have a portal to sw? If yes then I don't really care.

10+ Year Old Account
    Disappointing, Karabor looked gorgeous. Hopefully the world PVP that will be spawned by those capitols being so close together (And in a PVP zone) will make it worth it.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Deleted
    They might have done it to equalize travel time to key points in Draenor like raid instances. As it was it looked like the Alliance had to travel a lot longer to both raids than Horde, which is kind of a big deal especially since there's no flying.

But fuck that, give us proper capitals!

10+ Year Old Account
    It's like you were sent an invitation to stay at this amazing luxurious house and when you arrived they took you to the shed out back and showed you your cot.

This xpac has only given me nothing but good news to look forward to and now Blizzard just fucking ruined it. Blizz never cease to amaze me.

Quote Originally Posted by Shedi View Post
    They might have done it to equalize travel time to key points in Draenor like raid instances. As it was it looked like the Alliance had to travel a lot longer to both raids than Horde, which is kind of a big deal especially since there's no flying.

But fuck that, give us proper capitals!
    If that was their logic then they're fucking idiots. An extra minute of travel time and many just wait for summons anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Then go to the town?
    Bladespire and Karabor will be useless. There will be no reason to have your presence there. Saying 'well go to it if you like it' is stupid, and I'm fairly certain you know it's stupid.
    I absolutely love the Goblin city in Azshara, but I'm never going to go there because it's a useless city. Everybody loves Gilneas, but nobody goes there because it's a useless city.

Same problem.

Scrapping Gilneas and Azshara as shiny new player cities was one of Blizzard's biggest early missteps in Cataclysm, and now they're poised to make the same exact mistake again.

Well fuck this. Fuck all of it.

Sadly we can't do anything. Already wrote an angry forum post, but Blizzard never cares about those. Especially when they're from EU.

I for one will not be leaving my Garrison to visit this so called "capital" ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    The location changes nothing. People will either sit in the hub or they won't. The only difference is now the hub is horrendously boring and horribly located, and the beautiful content they've ALREADY CREATED will now go to waste.
    They will be used as quest hubs. Hardly gone to waste.

And I wish people would make up their minds about whether Blizzard is lazy or not. Keep flip-flopping between the two.

Then go to the town?

It actually doesn't affect what I said. They're trying to make Ashran seem more of an attractive choice by placing the hub there. Therefore making us lose the previous, superior hub. This will only really benefit PvPers who were gonna do Ashran anyway. They might think they're enticing a lot of people into PvPing there, but if anything, they're making people have knee-jerky reactions to it. "So I lose Karabor/Bladespire just because of a bunch of PvPers or because Blizzard wants to make me consider PvPing there? Then I'm totally not gonna do it.".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post

it's not coincidence. Faction capital location shouldn't be chosen by coincidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post

And I wish people would make up their minds about whether Blizzard is lazy or not. Keep flip-flopping between the two.
    A quest hub we see once and then never return to ever again.

That is a waste. It's the very definition of a waste. Just as much as Gilneas is a waste.

Bladespire and Karabor will be useless. There will be no reason to have your presence there. Saying 'well go to it if you like it' is stupid, and I'm fairly certain you know it's stupid.
    Why is it stupid? Because it disagrees with your overblown freakout?

A quest hub we see once and then never return to ever again.
    Like 99% of the content in the game?

It actually doesn't affect what I said.
    So basically it doesn't matter what anybody says why the freakout is ridiculous.

BECAUSE I CAN'T BE BOTHERED TO FLY TO KARABOR OR BLADESPIRE CITADEL! THEIR AINT NO PORTALS THERE, WHY WOULD I EVER WANT TO GO? ITS NOT LIKE IM BITCHING ABOUT LOSING THE AESTHETIC AND REFUSING TO VISIT IT BASED ON A LACK OF A PORTAL SYSTEM.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2014-06-27 at 09:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post

Yes. I'm thinking back to Gnomeregan.. used as a low level dungeon. Hardly gone to waste. Silly Gnomes. Who are you for wanting an actual city!?

- - - Updated - - -

Why is it stupid? Because it disagrees with your overblown freakout?

Like 99% of the content in the game?

So.. how many times do you find yourself AFKing in Molten Core? Because you could easily do that, you know!?

Quote Originally Posted by Hazori View Post
    It will be xrealm. The faction hubs can be excluded from xrealm just like it happens with stormwind, orgrimmar etc.

They'll just place the faction hubs on the sides of the island.
    If it's crossrealm why is that a good idea to put the cities there? I don't understand their logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Tolkien View Post
    Listen to the crowd's reaction:
    http://youtu.be/9TKO3Z_oVac?t=11m27s

This was one of the big features for WoD in my opinion. The idea of assaulting or defending a huge city in order to be able to use it as a faction capital was new and I was looking forward to it.
    Thank you for posting this, seriously. People were stoked for Karabor/Bladespire at Blizzcon, and it sounded like a great idea then, and it still sounds like a great idea now.