View Poll Results: Are you happy about this change?

Voters
3783. This poll is closed
  • Yes! I don't care where I hang around as long as there are portals!

912 24.11%
  • No! I was really looking forward to Karabor/Bladespire as my faction hub.

2,871 75.89%
    10+ Year Old Account
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/13272747231#1

Made a threat in general discussing my dis-like, everyone should totes go and flood it with posts so we have to make lots and lots of versions til they reply.

If I am spending $60 on a freaking expansion to an already expanded-four-times game, I expect a shiny BMW, not a Ford Pinto and a promise that one day, Blizzard will get it right.

This is stupid. This is a waste of talented people at Blizzard. This is a waste of my time. This is unacceptable and heads should roll at Blizzard HQ over the sad state of this $60 content patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    If you want to be obnoxious and annoying, sure. That's all it'll achieve.
    If they won't change their retarded decision then being obnoxious and annoying is about all we can do to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Reignac View Post
    This.

Flooding is going to do nothing but get you ignored. Actual change will come from wording it politely. People are much less inclined to help others if they're being yelled at.
    Ok I wasn't intending people to spam twitter, but sending tweets is legit way to complain
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Shattrath was never going to be a city.
    That's not what I meant.

/facepalm

They have to develop the two cities on Ashran...? Yeah? No? Comprende?
    The hubs were already there, they were PvP-free bases for PvPers to rest at. Now they are just placing vendors and portals there and forcing everyone else to spend their time there.

Well, there goes my sub...

I won't mind too much, as long as the outskirts of Ashran town is cool enough. It's a shame though that there are epic quests leading up to the liberation/domination of Karabor and Bladespire Citadel respectively and we don't really use them as the faction hubs like they originally intended. I'm curious as to what the reasoning behind it was.

I would have preferred Karabor/Bladespire to be the faction cities, with portals to capital cities, trade chat, transmoggers, banks, etc and just have the PvP vendors and a PvP daily hub at the outskirts of Ashran.

I think (speculation) that since Karabor and Bladespire were so massive, the capital cities would have felt mega unpopulated. If you think about it, the only reason why shrine felt populated at all was because everyone hung out on the balcony, literally the entire servers hangout spot condensed into the space of a balcony. Now imagine if you spread that across an entire Karabor/Bladespire, which is easily 50x as large.
    You just lost The Game

Well no shit. There's nothing constructive to be said while people are still foaming at the mouth. No amount of reasoning will shut them up.
    People don't want reasoning as to why it's being done. We want it changed back. That's the point. This is still in Beta and NOW is the time to get this shit changed and fixed and polished before it hits live and can never be changed again.

I don't know about you, but I really don't wanna camp out in a fort that resembles Lion's Landing for the entirety of WoD, and it's about time we get somewhere NEW and interesting as our hub. Haven't have anything unique since Dalaran in Wrath. Cata just used SW and Org and MoP has nearly identical, poorly designed small little buildings. Karabor and Bladespire would have been proper and epic.

Not to mention, what an epic fucking waste of resources to make these large cities so detailed and then only use them for MAYBE a daily questing hub at 100. (Which mumper hasn't even confirmed they will.)

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    I won't mind too much, as long as the outskirts of Ashran town is cool enough. It's a shame though that there are epic quests leading up to the liberation/domination of Karabor and Bladespire Citadel respectively and we don't really use them as the faction hubs like they originally intended. I'm curious as to what the reasoning behind it was.

I would have preferred Karabor/Bladespire to be the faction cities, with portals to capital cities, trade chat, transmoggers, banks, etc and just have the PvP vendors and a PvP daily hub at the outskirts of Ashran.

I think (speculation) that since Karabor and Bladespire were so massive, the capital cities would have felt mega unpopulated. If you think about it, the only reason why shrine felt populated at all was because everyone hung out on the balcony, literally the entire servers hangout spot condensed into the space of a balcony. Now imagine if you spread that across an entire Karabor/Bladespire, which is easily 50x as large.
    There are videos of Ashran already, and they are just generic human/orc fortress #192
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    Ok I wasn't intending people to spam twitter, but sending tweets is legit way to complain
    It is within reason, I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by TLORD666 View Post
    Well, there goes my sub...
    This post and others like confuses me.

It's a stupid decision Blizz made and I don't for one second approve, but is a city really worth quitting over? Really?

NO KARABOR?!?!

I mean, we'll still get access to it, but that is damn disappointing. They pushed really hard that it would be an epic, memorable part of the expansion to conquer your faction hub over the course of questing. Why in Blue Blizzard's name would they change that?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post

I think it has more to do with populating and balancing Ashran. They probably weren't able to pull that dynamic CRZ technology, which was the whole point of Ashran to begin with, and they are trying to make the zone interesting by shoving the whole server into the battlefield.

Stood in the Fire Grand Phoenix's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe there's a good reason as to why they switched the capital hubs? There is a lot of phasing going on in reclaiming Karabor and Bladespire; perhaps that's why? Or maybe it's because it would've ended up like the Argent Tournament if it had been placed in Crystalsong, which would have been right by Dalaran and thus cause a lot of lag (at least, that's what I read).

Possibly one of the stupidest things they've done in recent times. I'm sick and tired of [insert generic human base] or [generic orc mudhut with spikes] everywhere. I liked how things were meant to play out we'd join the Frostwolves in forcing the ogres out and taking over the place and making it our own or help the Draenei defend karabor and set up shop. I'm not so sure that people enjoy the generic human bases and Blizzard might want to take a look at that.

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    There are videos of Ashran already, and they are just generic human/orc fortress #192
    Ashran looks mostly like Lion's landing, and the horde version of lion's landing, that video?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand Phoenix View Post
    Maybe there's a good reason as to why they switched the capital hubs? There is a lot of phasing going on in reclaiming Karabor and Bladespire; perhaps that's why? Or maybe it's because it would've ended up like the Argent Tournament if it had been placed in Crystalsong, which would have been right by Dalaran and thus cause a lot of lag (at least, that's what I read).
    At this point I just want a reason. I'm upset but if I knew why I think I'd be considerably less so.

This the same mistake they made in Cataclysm. They force us back into Stormwind/Ogrimmar with our boring as hell landscape and give us a portal to nowhere into a PvP Zone (Tol Barad.) "Cause when PvP is Forced on PvE players they appreciate the game more" Nothing makes you rethink your subscription than having to grind daily rep, wait for an excruciating long dungeon/lfr que for PvE minor upgrades while an untouchable douchbag insists on camping you for fun. Not only that but the feeling of your homebase being fully fortified in this new world and having true importance is lost when you start out in a camp in the middle of nowhere. We need something to reminds us that our character is not just some chump solider sitting in a musty camp but a big time player in a city of legendary history and heroes. Thats what Karabor and Bladspire are.

If Blizzard thinks this will somehow add to the experience I will say that not only will seeing these two cities lost forever backfire horribly on Blizzard but I will take this as the final clue that Blizzard has leaned absolutely nothing from the mistakes made in Cataclysm. I can't even stand Timeless Isle anymore more becuase of all of the coin farmers I will not start an expansion the same way. Geting thrown back into Orgrimmar or a lonely NPC filled garrison isn't to appealing either. Why you ask because a city the only place to gather groups through trade and not some randomized group finder.

I might add I experimented in leveling and gathering herbs without flying .... It sucked. HARD. The new models aren't that pretty.

Maybe this is gonna be a phased event where we take back these fortresses like we did for Thunder Isle. I want to think that but my pessimism tells me someone at Blizzard is listening to what fans want and telling the designer/creators to do the opposite to deliberately kill subscription numbers. If that is true this news proves it. I only hope I am wrong ....

I can already predict this Draenor substitute bases will remain as barren as Tol Bard or the KWilds faction bases.
    Last edited by Lastlivingsoul; 2014-06-27 at 07:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    I think it has more to do with populating and balancing Ashran. They probably weren't able to pull that dynamic CRZ technology, which was the whole point of Ashran.
    Likely, but then another issue is presented.

Let's say Bob likes to PvP. Dave just likes to do dailies and randoms. George is a hardcore raider.

All three are going to hang out at the capital hub, because that is what the capital hub is for. However, while Bob is going to head out into Ashran because Bob likes to kill noobs, Dave is likely going to head back out into Draenor to do his dailies, while George will probably stay in the hub alt tabbed watching anime until raid time starts. With or without the dynamic CRZ tech, shoehorning people into Ashran is not going to balance the PvP population.

It also presents another issue, with Ashran presumably being on a separate map as Draenor is (similar to Thundering Isle? I don't know 100%) it will subtract from Draenor feeling like a populated world.
    You just lost The Game

10+ Year Old Account
    Once again, put all your frustrations and comments into the thread over in the wow forums.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...2747231?page=1