Poll: Are you tired of the human/orc architecture everywhere?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Im not against Humans VS Orcs but... Humans should not be the main Alliance race in Draenor... Draenei should be! It should be Draenei VS Orcs! It's their World! (after all)

Wotlk was Humans Vs Undead and I liked it alot because it made sense (lorewise)

Haven't seen enough of the garrisons to have a strong opinion either way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Conscience View Post
    You can buy your dwarfen bunker in the cash shop for just $19.90
    I wonder how much cash they'd actually make from selling racial architecture options on the shop.

Dont really care about the visual architecture, just want more content on faster release cycle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Orcs are my favorite race in warcraft. I really like their architecture so im fine with it

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    I wonder how much cash they'd actually make from selling racial architecture options on the shop.
    A fortune. That's why we're not getting them by default.

You do not like human architecture? That's racist! You should be supporting diversity!

Seriously though, I like human buildings, but they should stick to human lands.

I don't really care about Garrisons, but in general, yes, I am VERY TIRED of seeing the Orcish architecture and human stone forts everywhere. Especially the Orcish spiky architectures. There's probably over 1,000 spikes in Orgrimmar alone, it's absurd. Complete waste of metal.

I love forsaken architecture, worgen gothic architecture, and dwarven architecture as well. Not a big fan of tauren or troll architecture, though. They need to evolve those somewhat. Neither am I a fan of the night elf architecture.

I don't mind the Human and Orc stuff if it is used in places it should be. Obviously I wouldn't expect to find a Draenei structure in Elwynn Forest, but at the same time it would be nice to have different stuff based on who is using and doing what. I think a good chunk of people are tired of the default structures being a Human Keep or an Orc hut.

Granted this might also mean someone else leads the story other than Varian on the Alliance side
    Last edited by Armourboy; 2014-06-29 at 06:18 PM.

I don't hate Orc/Human stuff, but like said, I don't think it's too far fetch to think a Draenei would rather be with their own architecture.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd be fine with orc architecture if it was pre-Wotlk style. I absolutely hate the look of it since.

yes i want a forsaken fortress for my garrison and i want to be able to choose what zone it is in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I don't hate Orc/Human stuff, but like said, I don't think it's too far fetch to think a Draenei would rather be with their own architecture.
    Honestly some races just do not make sense to have their own unique garrison. What does a troll or tauren garrison even look like? Draenei architecture is build from space ship parts. Where would this new expedition come across a fresh interdimensional space ship to disassemble and if they did why the hell would they scrap it to build something they could have made from rocks?
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    Honestly some races just do not make sense to have their own unique garrison. What does a troll or tauren garrison even look like? Draenei architecture is build from space ship parts. Where would this new expedition come across a fresh interdimensional space ship to disassemble and if they did why the hell would they scrap it to build something they could have made from rocks?
    Well in WoD you are going to be on Draenor where lots of architecture already exists. Obviously all Draenei architecture is not just left over ship parts. The place in Swamp of Sorrows comes to mind ( Its green though I think instead of the sparkly purple).

Tauren/Trolls/Orcs will all probably have similar styles, although they do vary somewhat. Trolls tend to be more open air and up on stakes. Orcs obviously have the spikes. The Tauren use a ton of totems and other Native American style artwork.

The problem though isn't that there is human/orc architecture, the problem is people are tired of it being the default for Alliance/Horde structures. I don't blame anyone for being tired of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Well in WoD you are going to be on Draenor where lots of architecture already exists. Obviously all Draenei architecture is not just left over ship parts. The place in Swamp of Sorrows comes to mind ( Its green though I think instead of the sparkly purple).

Tauren/Trolls/Orcs will all probably have similar styles, although they do vary somewhat. Trolls tend to be more open air and up on stakes. Orcs obviously have the spikes. The Tauren use a ton of totems and other Native American style artwork.

The problem though isn't that there is human/orc architecture, the problem is people are tired of it being the default for Alliance/Horde structures. I don't blame anyone for being tired of it.
    I can sympathize with blizzard with why they went with the choices they went with.

Dwarvish outposts would be appreciated, as their architecture makes the sturdiest fortresses.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

I miss old Org

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the Orc & Human garrison just make sense. They are the back bone of both factions, it's going to be the obvious main stream style. With too many factions and styles it starts to become much more convulated for new and casual players to recognize what their faction is. With the way it is now, it's obvious. It may not be the most elegant or beautiful thing to do, but it makes sense from a game play perspective to have clarity about what your buildings are, and wha the opposite faction buildings are.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    I play Tauren mostly, but I prefer Orcish and Forsaken architecture, since I think the trolls and taurens are too barbaric for my taste.
    You claim to play a Tauren and in the same sentence you say TAUREN are barbaric? do you even know the meaning of the word -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbaric ?
    Taurens are the only peaceful guys in the Hode.

And yes I want more customisation im fucking tired of 10 years of humans and orc shit - i want more tauren/troll/undead etc stuff and designs - stop wasting time and stupid shop mounts and stupid web shows no one cares for,
    Last edited by mmoc25fb373f9a; 2014-06-29 at 08:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by eillas View Post
    I can sympathize with blizzard with why they went with the choices they went with.
    I can understand the design choice, but sympathize? Hardly.

I don't have a problem with the choices on Garrisons, although like many here I would much prefer having a selection. The thing I don't want to see is a ton of Human architecture floating around randomly on Draenor where it shouldn't be. Orc stuff I think people are going to need to deal with, I mean it is the Orcs home world so its kind of expected. A bunch of human stuff would just be odd though and as someone that plays a Draenei main would make me want to throw stuff.