Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    I am not interested in any contacts with that company anymore. Believe me. If i ever should play their games again, i will only buy them if i surely know what they released, and if i am happy with what they have to offer. I have no reason at all to believe in anything blizzard is talking about until the product is really released. And i am surely not interested in having any conversation with their company representatives anymore.

For me, blizzard is one of the most disgusting gaming companies i ever bought products from. There is nothing good about them.
    it is ruining my life how toxic you are.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephius View Post
    If i was toxic, i would create a MMO and remove flying after it was in game for 7 years.

If i was toxic, i would create a MMO and remove flying after it was in game for 7 years.
    TIL change is toxic.

10+ Year Old Account
    I fucked up by daring to ask for a refund?

And by undoing my purchase completely?

Is it that what you want to say me?
    By preordering too soon without total dedication to your purchase, using one of the perks of that early preorder on your account and then not having access to the purchased service once you asked for your refund.

You fucked up by purchasing something that you weren't ready to purchase. Don't bother drizzling that "they changed stuff" bullshit, either. Doesn't fly with me as well as it does with other people around here. If you actually thought that this was going to be the first expansion in WoW's history that didn't change anything between announcement and release than you've fucked up even harder than I previously assumed.

You made a silly, hasty mistake and now you have to pay for it. Yes, it sucks that people may not have access to their boosted characters if they decide they want to refund their early preorder, but its completely justifiable from a technological standpoint.

No white knighting necessary here. I'm not defending anyone. I'm saying that you messed up. Man up and own it. Your vendetta with them is getting a little strange. You're allowed to feel anything that you please towards a company, but unless you're actually able to back up your claims, this may not be the right thread for your complaining.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephius View Post
    In all honesty if a random stranger on the internet is ruining your life please seek help.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    In all honesty if a random stranger on the internet is ruining your life please seek help.
    I thought it was cute, lol.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Luko View Post
    By preordering too soon without total dedication to your purchase, using one of the perks of that early preorder on your account and then not having access to the purchased service once you asked for your refund.
    You know, i used to be a fan of blizzard entertainment up to blizzcon. It changed rapidly, after they started to deevolute the game by removing flying. As MoP already was a big disappointment for me, being a altoholic, i cancled my preorder short after the discussion about the flying change was over.

After that, blizzard behaved exactly the way i talked about. Which drove me completely away from them. At the end, i recognized what blizzard really is.

Quote Originally Posted by Luko View Post
    You made a silly, hasty mistake and now you have to pay for it.
    Yes. That silly mistake was to trust Blizzard. Believe me, i will never do that again.

10+ Year Old Account
    i cancled my preorder short after the discussion about the flying change was over.
    Well, flying was confirmed not in at launch and up for discussion of it becoming available in 6.1 as of November 2013.

Warlords of Draenor pre-orders went live March 21st of this year. That is roughly 4 months before pre-ordering was available (and character boosts) that we had knowledge of flying not being available at launch. Again, its not necessarily Blizzards fault for your decisions. You had the information readily available to you before the purchase. Sure, Blizzard isn't exactly pure but at the same time it is a business. Things change on a whim. Hell, my level 100 talents for my Resto Shaman have been changing pretty much weekly. Am I mad? No. Things don't work out as planned. You have to understand that there are some things you simply cannot control.

If you don't want to play the game anymore, that is your choice. No one is here trying to convince you otherwise. I think the general conclusion is that you need to understand, from a business perspective, why what you did was your own mistake. Its not a bad thing to make a mistake- I make them ALL the time. Its how you learn.
    Last edited by Forsedar; 2014-08-02 at 09:43 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    You have to understand that there are some things you simply cannot control.
    I dont want to control anything. I just want to play games i have fun with. And if i think a change is no fun, after i thought about it for a long time, and had tons of discussions, then i should be able to ask for a refund for a package i preordered and which was not delivered yet.

Including the reset to level 81 of my character i played for 250 days.

Blizzard is acting unfair here. Yes, they are a business. But if you dont want to lose customers completely, fairness is a prerequisite in any of the purchases you offer.

Well, flying was confirmed not in at launch and up for discussion of it becoming available in 6.1 as of November 2013.

Warlords of Draenor pre-orders went live March 21st of this year. That is roughly 4 months before pre-ordering was available (and character boosts) that we had knowledge of flying not being available at launch. Again, its not necessarily Blizzards fault for your decisions. You had the information readily available to you before the purchase. Sure, Blizzard isn't exactly pure but at the same time it is a business. Things change on a whim. Hell, my level 100 talents for my Resto Shaman have been changing pretty much weekly. Am I mad? No. Things don't work out as planned. You have to understand that there are some things you simply cannot control.

If you don't want to play the game anymore, that is your choice. No one is here trying to convince you otherwise. I think the general conclusion is that you need to understand, from a business perspective, why what you did was your own mistake. Its not a bad thing to make a mistake- I make them ALL the time. Its how you learn.
    It was in March that Blizzard said flight might not be added at all in WOD and they did not exactly shout from the roof tops that flight would be delayed before this.

I dont want to control anything. I just want to play games i have fun with. And if i think a change is no fun, after i thought about it for a long time, and had tons of discussions, then i should be able to ask for a refund.

And get it. Including my character i played for 250 days.

Blizzard is acting unfair here. Yes, they are a business. But if you dont want to lose customers completely, fairness is a prerequisite in any of the purchases you offer.
    You should go buy some flying mounts and chill out. Just my opinion.

Deleted
    It was in March that Blizzard said flight might not be added at all in WOD and they did not exactly shout from the roof tops that flight would be delayed before this.
    Right, Afrasiabi made a interview, and talked about the "complete removal" after the prepurchase was available. That was the end of the discussion for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Correct, but it was in November that we were informed that we would not get flying at launch and that it is possible we may see it in 6.1. Now they are just adding to it saying that we might not see flying at all. Its still all up for discussion and we're only getting "maybes" on both ends. It doesn't matter which post we look at, all we know that is we may or may not see flying. Its hard to base any sort of decision off of a maybe, whether we were given that information last year or this year.

Again, flying hasn't been 100% decided to be removed. The only fact we have is that it won't be available at launch and they are unsure of when we will get it/if we will get it... which we were pretty much aware of last year.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pallyopness View Post
    You should go buy some flying mounts and chill out. Just my opinion.
    Thanks for being funny.

- - - Updated - - -

Correct, but it was in November that we were informed that we would not get flying at launch and that it is possible we may see it in 6.1.
    But it was in march that Afrasiabi questioned flying completely. Before that, everyone thought it will return to 6.1 for sure.

Correct, but it was in November that we were informed that we would not get flying at launch and that it is possible we may see it in 6.1. Now they are just adding to it saying that we might not see flying at all. Its still all up for discussion and we're only getting "maybes" on both ends. It doesn't matter which post we look at, all we know that is we may or may not see flying. Its hard to base any sort of decision off of a maybe, whether we were given that information last year or this year.

Again, flying hasn't been 100% decided to be removed. The only fact we have is that it won't be available at launch and they are unsure of when we will get it/if we will get it.
    Before March as far as we knew flight would be added in 6.1 thus suggesting that the person that cancelled their pre-order in March was in possession of the full facts regarding flight for four months is incorrect.

Deleted
    It was not my fault they changed their mind after i preordered the expac.

It was my fault to think they would keep their promises.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone thought it would be, but designs change. Blizzard is designing everything around the idea of not having flying. Why do you like flying? Is it the sole reason you play the game? You can still use your flying mounts as a ground mount so you can't worry about having a cool mount you can't use.

Leveling from 90-96, there wasn't a single moment when I wished I had flying. I liked being on the ground and actually viewing the landscape and seeing the art that they worked desperately hard on. Blizzard is trying to bring back the idea of using flight paths and ships- making them cool again. Even now, with flying, I spend more time on my ground mounts sitting around major cities. Flying mounts just made farming easier. What if the continent was designed around making finding profession nodes easier on a ground mount? That is the full intent. That is the difference between something designed around the idea of flying mounts and something designed around ground mounts.

We still think a 6.1 patch seems like a pretty reasonable point where flying would become available in Draenor, likely with some kind of aforementioned prerequisite. Maybe it's gold, maybe it's some kind of epic quest, maybe something more straightforward. But we're staying open to changing that post-release if it seems like it's working out really well and we want to keep rolling with it. I'm digging that there seems to be a pretty reasonable mix of beta experiences here though. Definitely looking forward to feedback when we get to the max-level content too.
    Date (7/11/2014) Source

Things change all the time. So, a few months back they said possibly no flying at all and now Bashiok, as of a few weeks ago, is saying 6.1 still seems like a reasonable point but they don't know. My point is: stop basing literally everything off of one comment or statement of one individual of Blizzard and making it 100% fact. We ask so Blizzard keeps us up to date on what they are thinking and what they are doing. We can't get mad because we asked when they are still unsure of the answer themselves. Blizzard is a company. They thrive on customer satisfaction. Do you really believe they will purposely do something that is against the best interest of their player base? I don't, and I do believe we will see flying in WoD at some point. All we know is that we won't see it at launch.
    Last edited by Forsedar; 2014-08-02 at 10:06 PM.

Deleted
    Think the moral of the story is....just remember blizzCON is a staged company event, full of hype propaganda and BS made to make it exciting .....if we all remember that, players will never get upset again thinking they are telling the truth.

Repeated because if we all remember it, no one will be disappointed
    Last edited by mmoc73340f41a2; 2014-08-02 at 10:40 PM. Reason: another silly typo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ministabber View Post
    Repeated because if we all remember it, no one will be disappointed
    Yep, thats it. Never trust blizzard if they promise anything. They are not trustworthy.

Everyone thought it would be, but designs change. Blizzard is designing everything around the idea of not having flying. Why do you like flying? Is it the sole reason you play the game? You can still use your flying mounts as a ground mount so you can't worry about having a cool mount you can't use.

Leveling from 90-96, there wasn't a single moment when I wished I had flying. I liked being on the ground and actually viewing the landscape and seeing the art that they worked desperately hard on. Blizzard is trying to bring back the idea of using flight paths and ships- making them cool again. Even now, with flying, I spend more time on my ground mounts sitting around major cities. Flying mounts just made farming easier. What if the continent was designed around making finding profession nodes easier on a ground mount? That is the full intent. That is the difference between something designed around the idea of flying mounts and something designed around ground mounts.
    As I've argued before, if your pre-order decision for WoD is so fragile that Blizzard changing their mind on one thing is enough to make you cancel, then you should reconsider pre-ordering in the future. I've known since BlizzCon that I was going to be playing WoD and still haven't pre-ordered (mostly for monetary reasons, though.) So to hear people who apparently are disgruntled with Blizzard who still decided to pre-order the expansion before the Beta was even released is humorous to me.

Anyways, that's my opinion on it. Don't make commitments with your money to products that you may not actually enjoy.