Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    Why do you like flying? Is it the sole reason you play the game?
    It is one of the reasons i played World of Warcraft, and not other MMOs. It's one of the special things in World of Warcraft. Or, well, was. It's a convenient way to travel. I collected a lot of flying mounts and cant really believe my netherdragon soon would have to crawl thru the dirt, while it was my first reputation flying mount i ever played for. I cant really believe this freedom is being taken away after 7 years where we had it.

Even now, with flying, I spend more time on my ground mounts sitting around major cities.
    I think this should be a choice, and nothing you need people to force to. If content is really immersive, people dont need to be forced not to fly. They want to play the content if its fun.
    Last edited by mmoc903ad35b4b; 2014-08-02 at 10:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Luko View Post
    Your vendetta with them is getting a little strange. You're allowed to feel anything that you please towards a company, but unless you're actually able to back up your claims, this may not be the right thread for your complaining.
    The way I read it, people like him are addicted to the game to the extent it is damaging their lives. They resent that, but can't just walk away, so they have to try to build up a storm of synthetic outrage over imagined slights to break the addiction.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    It was not my fault they changed their mind after i preordered the expac.

It was my fault to think they would keep their promises.
    Mm, it's kinda my fault I spent hundreds of dollars faction changing 11 character from Horde to Alliance (and realm changing too, since Alliance on my server was non-existent) - but the sole reason I did so was under the belief that Karabor would be our home city. Not "may be our home city".

The major reason why I believed this was because they said that Karabor would be our home city. It was, I admit, an interesting leap of deduction which drew me to that conclusion, based on the information provided. But not really.

Everyone thought it would be, but designs change. Blizzard is designing everything around the idea of not having flying. Why do you like flying? Is it the sole reason you play the game? You can still use your flying mounts as a ground mount so you can't worry about having a cool mount you can't use.

Leveling from 90-96, there wasn't a single moment when I wished I had flying. I liked being on the ground and actually viewing the landscape and seeing the art that they worked desperately hard on. Blizzard is trying to bring back the idea of using flight paths and ships- making them cool again. Even now, with flying, I spend more time on my ground mounts sitting around major cities. Flying mounts just made farming easier. What if the continent was designed around making finding profession nodes easier on a ground mount? That is the full intent. That is the difference between something designed around the idea of flying mounts and something designed around ground mounts.
    Designs change? That is not what you originally said you dismissed the person who said they cancelled in March saying that they would have been aware of Blizzard's stance on flying for four months. How about instead of trying to move the goalposts just admit you were wrong?

Yeah, no-one questioned the lack of flying whilst levelling, just like they didn't question it in TBC, Wrath or MOP so I am not sure what your beta levelling experiences have to do with anything.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The way I read it, people like him are addicted to the game to the extent it is damaging their lives. They resent that, but can't just walk away, so they have to try to build up a storm of synthetic outrage over imagined slights to break the addiction.
    Thats pathetic. Talk about the topic, and not about the people, wont you? You are no psychologist, so you dont know anything about it.

Stop trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    I agree that is really pathetic when that happens. You know when someone spends a year of their life bitching about a game they don't play. It's difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Constraint View Post
    Mm, it's kinda my fault I spent hundreds of dollars faction changing 11 character from Horde to Alliance (and realm changing too, since Alliance on my server was non-existent) - but the sole reason I did so was under the belief that Karabor would be our home city. Not "may be our home city".

The major reason why I believed this was because they said that Karabor would be our home city. It was, I admit, an interesting leap of deduction which drew me to that conclusion, based on the information provided. But not really.
    So the sole reason you decided to play Alliance was based on something talked about for a minute during BlizzCon and shown on one slide? That's a lot of money to spend for an assumption, whether it was reasonable and backed by evidence or not. Smarter thing to do would have been to wait until beta came out and you saw Karabor fully developed beforehand.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    Thats pathetic. Talk about the topic, and not about the people, wont you? You are no psychologist, so you dont know anything about it.

Stop trolling.
    His comment was rather rude, but seriously we know by now that you dont like/trust Blizzard. Do we really have to read this discussion for several more pages?

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    You do not own the character. Blizzard does. Welcome to the agreements you made when you play this game. Your money only more or less rents you rights to the game and never any ownership. Not to any part of it. Even your characters.
    OK, saying Blizzard owns characters and can do whatever is total BS and you know it. With that logic, they can just delete all toons and say fuck you to the customer.

This is not about ownership, they should reset the character and allow customer access to play it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zia View Post
    OK, saying Blizzard owns characters and can do whatever is total BS and you know it. With that logic, they can just delete all toons and say fuck you to the customer.

This is not about ownership, they should reset the character and allow customer access to play it.
    Actually they very well could do that. What do you think will happen when WoW shuts down for good? Do you think they will refund every single bit of money you spent on everything?

Quote Originally Posted by Cren View Post
    His comment was rather rude, but seriously we know by now that you dont like/trust Blizzard. Do we really have to read this discussion for several more pages?
    No you do not, click his name and select view profile and then add to ignore list, job done!

Deleted
    His comment was not rude, his comment was pathetic. As he just doesnt know me. And acts as if he was able to do a psychological analysis just to distract from the topic.

That would be the same as if i would say that Osmeric seems so addicted to blizzard, that he cant stand any negative feedback, and that he has to get on a personal level to defend his holy shrine here. It would be the same if i would say Osmeric is so addicted, that every negative feedback about his beloved company blizzard would be a personal attack to him.

Which is just not a proper way to communicate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wowalixi View Post
    So the sole reason you decided to play Alliance was based on something talked about for a minute during BlizzCon and shown on one slide? That's a lot of money to spend for an assumption, whether it was reasonable and backed by evidence or not. Smarter thing to do would have been to wait until beta came out and you saw Karabor fully developed beforehand.
    It wasn't really an assumption. It's not as if there's ever been anything like this the history of the game. Hey guys, Shattrath is your capital. Jokes, you can have a camp outside Blade's Edge Arena. Hey guys, Dalaran is your capital. Jokes, you can have an outpost next to Wintergrasp. Hey guys, Shrines are your capital. Jokes, you can have a village on the shores of Krasarang.

It's not really something that most of us thought twice about. It was just a part of the expansion, the same way leveling to 100 is, or playing on Draenor, or fighting against the Iron Horde.

So please, enough nonsense about "not making assumptions". There was no assumption to make - the number of slides they showed of it at Blizzcon is entirely irrelevant. It was a simple statement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    No you do not, click his name and select view profile and then add to ignore list, job done!
    Ye i know but atm the last few pages of this thread has been about "rym" saying how bad Blizzard is and how he doesn't trust them and everything and everyone else just responding to him so there wouldn't be a thread if he was ignored

Would rather just we all move along since nothing more will come from this discussion....

Quote Originally Posted by Zia View Post

It is entirely possible the boost was made without the intention of it ever being reverted. And the locking of characters became a knee jerk solution to save face from people "cheating" the system to reap benefits and then cancel.

You cant expect to go up to a company demanding your money back, and then expecting them to spend more money (GM/Support time) to revert a fairly significant change they made to their own property (your account).

Situation A: The boost was never developed with reverting in mind. So do you just deduct the gold, remove flying and professions (regardless of level) and delevel to level 1 across the board? Or do you spend GM/Developer time figuring out a way to track the items, levels, achievements etc of each individual character that canceled the pre-order?

if so, how do you combat people abusing this system by pre-ordering, canceling, pre ordering, canceling. Racking up a hefty bill on blizzards end in man-hours. A job that will be made obsolete in a few months where either you get the expansion or you're probably not playing anyways.
    It's more sensible to lock your account till such a time you decide to return to wow. They're not even locking your account, just the one character.

Situation B: The boost was developed with reverting in mind, they are just not using it to be dicks and punish all their dissatisfied customers.

yay entitlement.

Quote Originally Posted by Constraint View Post
    It wasn't really an assumption. It's not as if there's ever been anything like this the history of the game. Hey guys, Shattrath is your capital. Jokes, you can have a camp outside Blade's Edge Arena. Hey guys, Dalaran is your capital. Jokes, you can have an outpost next to Wintergrasp. Hey guys, Shrines are your capital. Jokes, you can have a village on the shores of Krasarang.

It's not really something that most of us thought twice about. It was just a part of the expansion, the same way leveling to 100 is, or playing on Draenor, or fighting against the Iron Horde.

So please, enough nonsense about "not making assumptions". There was no assumption to make - the number of slides they showed of it at Blizzcon is entirely irrelevant. It was a simple statement.
    But the point remains that the sole reason you dropped tons of money was based on something that wasn't even final. Whether there was past experience or not doesn't matter. If you playing Alliance would not have happened if Karabor wasn't the capital, you should probably have at least waited until you saw what Karabor looked like before changing. What if it was a boring, terrible city with tons of hallways and a complicated layout? Or if it was just one room? Would you have still wanted to play Alliance.

Deleted
    Would rather just we all move along since nothing more will come from this discussion....
    Yes, probably you are right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Designs change? That is not what you originally said you dismissed the person who said they cancelled in March saying that they would have been aware of Blizzard's stance on flying for four months. How about instead of trying to move the goalposts just admit you were wrong?

Yeah, no-one questioned the lack of flying whilst levelling, just like they didn't question it in TBC, Wrath or MOP so I am not sure what your beta levelling experiences have to do with anything.
    I apologize if for whatever reason I came across that way, as it was not my intention. My sole reason for posting was to inform those who may be misunderstanding. Also, I did post a source and a quote showing that its still on the table for flying to be in for 6.1, as of July 11 2014. All of that just further proves my original statements and intentions.

Ye i know but atm the last few pages of this thread has been about "rym" saying how bad Blizzard is and how he doesn't trust them and everything and everyone else just responding to him so there wouldn't be a thread if he was ignored

Yeah? And? If you don't wish to read his posts you are able to use readily available forum tools to ignore him completely. You can just move along by using these tools or just not clicking on thread. Why should Rym be censored because you are not prepared to use the tools available and a modicum of self restraint?

I like to see it as more content for patches, rather than having everything released at once.