Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Question Which race has the best looking totems?

There is Troll, Tauren, Orc, Goblin, Pandaren, Dreanei and Dwarf totems.

As a Dwarf, I'm envious of the Troll totems because they have different shield or design on each totem representing earth, fire, water and wind. It's a little extra than just different color effects. That's my opinion.

So which race do you think has the best looking totems?
    Last edited by Griffon; 2014-07-03 at 07:03 AM. Reason: Oops, forgot Goblin. Sorry :)

wow, you managed to skip over the best...goblin totems.

Orc totem FTW! With horde symbol and two little wolf head engraved on it. What else can be more represent "shaman"? But talking about Tauren one, i wonder if their totem model would get updated later. Seeing how its the original totem looks from the beginning and it also look like an ancient model today...

I think somebody should make this a poll^^
    here are the visuals (sorry for image sizes I used google to quickly find some pics)

panda

dwarf

goblin

troll

orc

tauren

draenei
    Last edited by Nebria; 2014-07-03 at 11:15 AM.

Deleted
    Vol'jin easily has the best looking totems. Why can't we get them But apart from his, its definitely Goblin I think. I wish Goblin was slightly stronger, I would race change back in an instant, it has the coolest racials, it's just not as strong as Orc

Draenei

Probably biased because I saw about 5 shaman throughout all of TBC (and ofc they were all Alliance on my faction) and I absolutely loved them for being so rawr colourful during combat (they lit up Karazhan, really ) so I associate the totems with the "psychadelic trippy hippy lightning guys"

also:
    Quote Originally Posted by Sainur View Post
    I came here expecting a poll... I was disappointed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    I came here expecting a poll... I was disappointed.

Dwarf master race.
    "The sword is mightier than the pen, and considerably easier to kill with."

10+ Year Old Account
    Draenei totems for sure.

Space goats all the way

I like all the Horde totems. Troll tiki torches, Goblin machines, Orc axes, Tauren classic totem pole style (a graphical update would be nice though) are all fantastic. The Alliance ones are uninspired and the Pandaren ones look like they were designed by consensus and not artistic inventiveness.
    Last edited by Shockeye; 2014-07-03 at 02:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cartho View Post
    "Shaman are complaining again guys, shall we look at them a bit more closely? Maybe there's some truth in what these people are saying...."

"Meh, let's just buff chain heal and healing rain then go have some lunch."

"Okey dokey!"

Tauren - best design. They could update the polygons count and textures.
    Last edited by Kryos; 2014-07-03 at 02:06 PM.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Orc - Fits the class the most aesthetically, while still looking spectacular.
    2. Troll - Similar to the Orc, but I've never liked Troll themed things so minus points.
    3. Goblin - I'm not a fan of how they fit the class, but extra points for being original.
    4. Pandaren - Similar to Draenei, but they're thematic and look a lot better.
    5. Dwarf - I'm not too sure what to say about this.
    6. Tauren - Were great when everyone had them, now they look average in comparison.
    7. Draenei - Look like lumps of clay with lights attached to them.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Draenei
    2. Pandaren
    3. Tauren
    4. Dwarf
    5. Goblin
    6. Troll
    7. Orc

Deleted
    These little guys have much more character than the other Totems:

"IMA PUNCH YOU IN THE FACE!"..."But i have no legs..."

"WAIT! DON'T JUST IGNORE ME! GET OVER HERE AND RUN INTO MY MUSCULAR WOOD-thing-HORN-ARMS!"

"FUUUUUUUUUU!"

Totems always shout in capslock, because nobody is listening to them...

Trolls are the obvious choice. Obviously.

Each has their own things I like.
    Overall Troll is my favorite, but to highlight why my other "fav's"
    Tauren - Very classic Totem-style. When I think of a Totem this is the first image in my head
    Goblin - I like the whimsical nature of them.
    Dwarf - Very close to the tauren in a classic style but a little modernized (would say my 2nd fav). If they added something to the shields, other than being bland, might make a run at #1.

Least favorite: Draenei - I just think they look too bland.

Deleted
    While we are at it: in the "Beta for Shamans!" thread Katzi postet a video featuring a Draenei Shaman: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post27994490 but the totem doesn't look anything like the old Draenei ones. Bug or reworked?

Quote Originally Posted by fryya View Post
    While we are at it: in the "Beta for Shamans!" thread Katzi postet a video featuring a Draenei Shaman: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post27994490 but the totem doesn't look anything like the old Draenei ones. Bug or reworked?
    hm it looked like and upgraded tauren totem if you ask me. you get a pretty good view of it before it is dismissed.

Placeholder, obviously. It's beta, and the new effect hasn't yet been adapted to all totem skins.
    On topic:
    1. Troll (nothing to add, perfect)
    2. Orc/Tauren/Goblin (orcs are a little off with those axe blades, tauren ones are outdated and goblins are...well not very shamanistic (they all have their plus sides though, imo, so no.2)
    3. Draenei (I dont like the idea of draenei shaman much, but their totems look decent enough)
    4. Dwarf (Favourite alliance shaman race, but their totems are a little to boring and bland)
    5. Pandaren (I hate the race and the whole idea behind MoP. It's an x-pack I dont regret having missed out on. Their totems are good representives for their let's cater to asian players, furrys, anime-maniacs and panda-lovers background. The race is a joke imo. Sry not meant to turn this into a panda hate thread ;D)
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

1. Goblin
    2. Orc
    3. Draenei
    4. Tauren
    5. Pandaren
    6. Troll
    7. Dwarf
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    voodoo powaaa ,my friends!!!