Poll: Easiest role in raiding

Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

Whats your opinion on what the easiest role is?

As a tank, I have to say healer/dps. It is stupid easy to maintain threat with abundant AoE.

This isnt a bash heals/tanks/dps, I'm just curious.

*EDIT* - Oops, I meant to say As a tank, I have to say being a tank is, where being a healer and dps is easiest."

Let me hear your thoughts, because I want to know what you think is easy/hard about being a healer, tank, dps
    Last edited by calinass; 2014-07-03 at 07:36 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by xannax2780 View Post
    It's called balancing.
    Maybe you should try balancing the large cup of QQ in your left hand with a big mug of STFU in your right.
    Just sayn'

10+ Year Old Account
    If we're talking about Raiding, which is what I'm talking about since I don't play anything else, I'd say it changes based on the fight, the players, their gear etc.

But DPS. Easily. Since I play one.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Deleted
    DPS is very easy and forgiving, outside very specific, high-pressure dps checks (soloing multiple heroic Siegecrafter belts is the only one that comes to mind in this expansion).

What about the good old cliche "standing in shit" As tanks, you can be a bit more forgiving because I would guess heals are on you a good majority of the time, or you have teh defenses to back whatever it is your standing in, up.

Maybe I'm wrong though, because honestly I think DPS and heals are the hardest role.

I guess you can argue it for any boss fight, but lets making sweeping generalizations here.
    Quote Originally Posted by xannax2780 View Post
    It's called balancing.
    Maybe you should try balancing the large cup of QQ in your left hand with a big mug of STFU in your right.
    Just sayn'

I'd say DPS is easiest purely because it's generally a selfish role. Tanking has been dumbed down so much that it isn't far behind, though, which is sad. It's not really that healing is hard, either, it just has the "complexity" of needing to care about the entire raid as a whole built in. That part is sort of optional for the other roles.

Deleted
    Definitely depends on the fight, the raid difficulty and your setup, raid cd's etc and how you make use of them. With good healers dps and tanking roles are fairly easy if you know the mechanics, with bad dps standing in shit and not using personal defensive cd's properly healers are having a bad time. This isn't a straightforward question but in this tier i personally think the easiest role is caster dps if you take all the fights in to count.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a tank, i vote for tank. I've been playing 2 addons as dps, another 2 as tank. While you have a special role i think its easier to hold threat and survive. Also if the fights are tnse i always had the problem that as raidlead my damage dropped, but i don't have any of these problems as tank.

10+ Year Old Account
    Totally depends on the fight, but all in all dps tends to be the easiest to perform at the levels of merely downing a boss. That being said, there is no role more blatantly competitive than dps and mastering dps is in my honest opinion harder than mastering tanking and healing, especially because defining master tanking and healing is far more subjective and difficult than "LAWL DAMAGE METERS" for dps.
    Last edited by Tyrgannus; 2014-07-03 at 08:29 AM.

Tank probably. Holding threat is stupid easy, and the only mechanic on any fight is either pick up adds using one of your AoE skills, or taunt on X stacks.

DPS is second probably, just avoid things and do damage. But you need an actual rotation, tanks can just mash buttons and do their job.

Healing would be the hardest, but still not that big of a challenge imo. Avoid things like the DPS do, but you have to have quicker reactions to heal the people that take damage.

I usually heal, but I enjoy DPS a lot more. Tanking is entirely too boring for me, nothing fun about pressing Taunt every 20 seconds and mashing whatever button I want.

Deleted
    Dps is the easiest, you don't have to worry about others like tanks and healers have to

10+ Year Old Account
    Hunter. So Ranged DPS I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tanked in TBC, WotLK and Cata, DPS'ed in MoP..

Tanking is BY FAR easiest..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Tanking probably easiest for a good player, but a screwup is a recipe for a wipe.

For a less experienced/mediocre player, ranged DPS is probably the safest position.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you just get into the game/raiding/whatnot, then DPS is the most easier role to play IMHO, cause of the minimal responsibility. However... When you are accustomed to the content and your role (dps/tank/heal) then everything is easy to handle/play.

Deleted
    Depends on the fight but generally i´d say:
    Dps>=Tanks>Heal
    Although there are a boatload of fights where this is not true due to mechanics

Lets be honest. Tanks used to stand in crap to gain Vengeance not one tier ago. If that doesn't make them easy, given their role is survival, then I don't know what is.

Oh and Ele Shamans

I love tanking. I think it's cake when you know the mechanics. Generally just standing in one place doing the rotation, occasionally taking a few steps, maybe popping a cooldown for a major event, and taunting at X-stacks. As long as you know the fight, there's usually very little work to do.

I feel like there's a lot more raid awareness necessary to be a great DPS than there is to be a great tank. I think that DPS can wipe a raid easier than a tank can, especially on fights like Galakras (not distributing the fireball correctly), Malkorak (puddles, orbs), Thok (kiting), Siegecrafter (sawblades, fire), etc. But maybe I'm just biased after tanking raids for so long. Healers are somewhere in the middle, or along the same lines as DPS to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Healer. If you kill a boss, nobody will complain about your heals. If you kill a boss, nobody will complain about the tanks. If you kill a boss, someone will still complain about the lowest DPS.

As a Healer, you are literally clicking unit frames and moving.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blood Dk is pretty easy
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

I've raided as all 3 on Heroic, I would have to say that Tanking is the easiest at a high skill level. Then DPS, and on most heroic fights Healer is by far the hardest. Between coordinating cooldowns just to keep the raid from dying, managing your mana to keep yourself from going oom, and using the best throughput/abilities for each situation, you are constatly in a state of flux. I think healer has a much higher skill cap than Tank and is about equal to dps on quite a few fights as far as skill cap goes.
    Pew Pew Pow Pow Bam Pop Smack