Legendary spells?

Would could be some possibilities? Why havent we seen any yet? Too hard to balance?
    Would love to see nozdormu's effect on a spell
    Last edited by Nanaboostme; 2014-07-08 at 01:05 AM.

Possibly too hard to balance, all of them have to be class-specific but, perhaps more importantly, they break the theme of legendary cards being specific named characters as opposed to generically-named mobs like 99% of the others.

Also, minions are inherently flawed because they're vulnerable to removal. Spells, not so much. They're only vulnerable to a teeny handful of secrets, which makes it difficult to give them that legendary edge without just being stupid overpowered.

10+ Year Old Account
    Speaking from a purely fluffy standpoint, I assume it's because legendaries are meant to be one of a kind.

Spells, by their very nature, I meant to able to be cast over and over again and the ones that aren't (the Cataclysm, the Hour of Twilight etc) are too powerful to implement without either instilling some serious ludonarrative dissonance or breaking the game.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhys View Post
    Speaking from a purely fluffy standpoint, I assume it's because legendaries are meant to be one of a kind.

Spells, by their very nature, I meant to able to be cast over and over again and the ones that aren't (the Cataclysm, the Hour of Twilight etc) are too powerful to implement without either instilling some serious ludonarrative dissonance or breaking the game.

Deleted
    Inb4 cataclysm turn 2 thanks to milhouse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Starkhorn View Post
    Inb4 cataclysm turn 2 thanks to milhouse.
    Doesn't really help either player though

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deztru View Post
    Doesn't really help either player though
    It would hurt both players so much..

Deleted
    Precisely because the spells would be too powerful or there would have to be a disincentive in using them due to how strong they are, only in the most critical of situations i.e.:

Deleted
    I think they might come up with some legendary spells in the future. I HOPE SO.

undeath plague: heroes become undead with summon 1/2 skeleton as their hero power. All minions become 1/3 zombies.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhys View Post

I honestly don't see how allowing Cataclysm to be cast ten times over via Cho is any more problematic fluff-wise than Deathwing dying to two lions biting his face.

Legendary spells should be a little bit better than normal spells, and spells like fireball/flamestrike are already OP as fuck.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Quote Originally Posted by bigfootbigd View Post
    Would could be some possibilities? Why havent we seen any yet? Too hard to balance?
    Because in HS legendary cards represent powerful characters in the Warcraft game(s)/lore, even if some of them are lower level or located in some obscure part of the game. We haven't seen legendary spells for the same reason we haven't seen neutral spell cards: they don't fit the design philosophy. It's just like how all the weapon cards are class specific and all neutral cards are minions. Even the new Dancing Swords card is a minion.

Blizzard wants to keep certain things iconic within the game, and it's currently the closest warcraft gaming experience to the original Vanilla Wow game you can get. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Deleted
    ^ It might be true if not for Doomhammer for example. "Oh, look. I got two Doomhammers in my hand." "Wait, what?!"

Nozdormu says the only difference between a legendary and common card is you can only have 1 in your deck, not 2, and they are known/specific characters. Not how powerful they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, we could get an item category, which would work similar to spells, but with higher costs. Let's say a bomb for 7 mana which deals 2 damage to all minions. It's basically a weaker flamestrike. Blizzard could then add some sort of Legendary Items. Talisman of Binding Shard obviously comes to mind, but they could add some new stuff. Of even iconic items, like Skull of Guldan.

Just some random per class legendary spells I came up with. Trying to fit the theme of each class. Some if not all are probably blatantly OP but whatever it's for fun right?

Hunter: Stampede-10 mana. Fill your board with random beasts. All beasts have charge, but die at the end of your turn.

Shaman: Earthquake-6 mana, 5 overload. Deal 6-7 damage to all enemy minions. Minions that survive Earthquake can not attack next turn.

Druid: Tranquility-6 mana. Your minions can not drop below 1 HP this turn OR heal your hero for 15 HP.

Warrior: Bladestorm-8 mana. At the end of your turn, deal 3 damage to all enemies. This persists through the rest of the game.

Mage: Mana Bomb-10 mana. Deal 8 damage to ALL enemies.

Paladin: Divine Intervention-8 mana. All minions which die this turn return to life with 1 HP and Divine Shield.

Priest: Halo-10 mana. Deal 5 damage to all enemies and heal all friendly characters for 5 HP. Draw a card for each friendly character healed and enemy minion killed.

Rogue-Anticipation-10 mana. All cards in your hand at the time of casting Anticipation will cost 0 mana.

Warlock-Demonic Gateway-10 mana. Summon three 6/6 Infernals. Discard the remainder of your hand. At the end of your next turn, a 6/6 Infernal will spawn and you will discard a random card. This effect persists through the rest of the game.