Page 1 of 10
... LastLast
    Deleted

Expansion will be out after Blizzcon

Those that have been in this game for the long haul will observe a similar pattern to one year where there was not a Wow release from one announcement to the next at following Blizzcon - there will not be a release before Blizzcon. This is done on purpose. I am not saying much other than expect nothing before start of December. This is the latest Blizzcon they ever did in a year and this is not random.

Looking forward to the best expansion ever.

December 20th is the tentative release date. We've known this for some time now. You can go back under your rock now.

Quote Originally Posted by jcf190 View Post
    December 20th is the tentative release date. We've known this for some time now. You can go back under your rock now.
    It's the legal release date, according to the ToS, meaning that it the absolute latest the expansion will be released.

We already know that there is a very high chance that the cinematic will be shown at next month's Gamescon, and that more and more people are being invited to the beta. We also know that the alpha that was announced was actually just the early beta, as apparently the game was in in-house alpha for over 6 months before that at least.

Chances are it will be released sometime in October or November. Blizzcon will undoubtedly show off 6.1 and 6.2 and such.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    It's the legal release date, according to the ToS, meaning that it the absolute latest the expansion will be released.
    NO it's not. They explicitly use the word 'expected' precisely so that they could, if they needed to, move the date.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/warlords-of-draenor/ (at the very bottom, under the pre-purchase button).

It will be out by November 28th at the absolute latest. There's is absolutely no way that they are going to pass up on one of the top 3 days for electronic sales during the year.

Better release it late than release it unfinished. They say they keep doing that, but I'm not seeing it.

One thing to keep in mind is what would blizzard show off at blizzcon if WOD is already released.

I don't see WOD being released until at lease after blizzcon or on the sameday. I could see it now someone walks on stage at blizzcon and says "Now you can buy WOD at ur local gamestore"
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    When I play the beta, I don't think the game will release soon, I guess it will be around november-december.

another one of these? really?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lincoln Lawyer View Post
    Better release it late than release it unfinished. They say they keep doing that, but I'm not seeing it.
    Just like D3, where half of the game wasn't done.
    And now it's great!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by reemi View Post
    When I play the beta, I don't think the game will release soon, I guess it will be around november-december.
    Cause they didn't open much yet doesn't mean it isn't almost done. if not done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    One thing to keep in mind is what would blizzard show off at blizzcon if WOD is already released.

I don't see WOD being released until at lease after blizzcon or on the sameday. I could see it now someone walks on stage at blizzcon and says "Now you can buy WOD at ur local gamestore"
    this would be VERY bad. blizzcon visitors would be upset, as often heroic raiders and world firsters go to blizzcon, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    NO it's not. They explicitly use the word 'expected' precisely so that they could, if they needed to, move the date.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/warlords-of-draenor/ (at the very bottom, under the pre-purchase button).
    It says Expected release in Fall. Fall ends, December 20th. It starts three months before that. So that doesn't confirm anything.

The real release date is anyone's guess. There is no proof on whether it will be out before or after Blizzcon.

Quote Originally Posted by Boottybounce View Post
    this would be VERY bad. blizzcon visitors would be upset, as often heroic raiders and world firsters go to blizzcon, correct?
    Maybe. But like I said what would they have to show if WOD is already out.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    I don't think anyone here doubts WoD is going to release AFTER Blizzcon.

Blizzard is also known to make use of the announced date that they gave. So WoD won't be before December. Simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post

We already know that there is a very high chance that the cinematic will be shown at next month's Gamescon, and that more and more people are being invited to the beta. We also know that the alpha that was announced was actually just the early beta, as apparently the game was in in-house alpha for over 6 months before that at least.

Chances are it will be released sometime in October or November. Blizzcon will undoubtedly show off 6.1 and 6.2 and such.
    Nothing in the ToS states they have to give a release date or even stick to one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lincoln Lawyer View Post
    With the changes they've made they basically will be releasing an unfinished game seeing as WoD now is just a shell of what was shown to us at last year's Blizzcon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ACES View Post
    With the changes they've made they basically will be releasing an unfinished game seeing as WoD now is just a shell of what was shown to us at last year's Blizzcon.
    They have half a year left to work on it. That's plenty of time to make it a polished experience

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree OP. By the simple fact that ability pruning and stat squish tuning is still nowhere near being finished never mind being touched up for 6.0 release content. I predict that they won't be done with 6.0 content and system changes until late September/early October and keep it off live until Blizzcon where they will release it on the first day followed by a Live Raid Race from the World First Guilds of last year showcasing the new changes of 6.0 in SoO and possibly a preview of boss encounters from the first raid tier being released three weeks after the release of WoD in December.

Quote Originally Posted by ACES View Post
    Their motto is to remove enough details and goals, so you can call it ready on time.
    Chronomancer Club

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Maybe. But like I said what would they have to show if WOD is already out.
    The same things they'd have to show if it wasn't. It's BlizzCon, not WoWCon.
    Last edited by huth; 2014-07-07 at 01:00 AM.