Dual Monitor Setup

Can someone please explain to me dual monitor setup, I just have a few questions.

1) Does the mouse go smoothly from one screen to the other?

2) If I'm in the middle of a boss encounter could I make it so my mouse only stays on one screen?

3) Is it easy to set up?

I'm running with a gtx 760

I only play WoW and I'm looking to have one screen run WoW and the other have my web browser/skype.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Yes.
    2. Depends. If you play full screen yes, if not no.
    3. Yes. Just plug in the monitor.

1) Yes, but it won't transition if you're playing a game on fullscreen.

2) Yes, but again only if it's in fullscreen.

3) Yes, very easy. Just go to Control Panel>Appearance & Personalize>Display>Adjust Resolution>Detect. From there just move them around until you feel comfortable.

Keep in mind that in order to be able to move your mouse freely between screen you will need WoW to be set to

10+ Year Old Account
    having more than 1 monitor is extremely useful and its fairly easy to cuztomize. I change the orientation of the 2nd monitor depending on what I am doing. You'll be fine. Just make sure you have enough display ports in your rear IO or correct cables for your laptop.
    Grandmaster Tidestout
    <Stand Tall>US-Stormrage

Along with what everyone else said, which is accurate, I suggest having two monitors of the same resolution. It isn't necessary, but I've yet to find any good backgrounds that fit two different sized monitors. But like everyone said, yes to everything you said.

Deleted
    Windowed fullscreen will make it stay on one screen as well but still make tabbing out quick.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    Windowed fullscreen will make it stay on one screen as well but still make tabbing out quick.
    No, it won't.
    Fullscreen = mouse stuck in game, got to alt tab or go to desktop to acces other screen.
    Windowed fullscreen = Mouse not stuck in game which means you don't have to alt tab etc. to acces second screen. This while still keeping the fullscreen look.
    Windowed = WoW is not in fullscreen which means that your mouse is not stuck ingame.
    Atleast thats how it works for me.
    Edit: or am stupid enough to not have noticed?.. can't check atm.. You make me doubt
    Last edited by mmocc8f2d2d3cb; 2014-07-12 at 11:32 AM.

Deleted
    Every game I play in Windowed fullscreen it stays in game unless I hit alt+tab.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Navira View Post
    Atleast thats how it works for me.
    Edit: or am stupid enough to not have noticed?.. can't check atm.. You make me doubt
    It works exactly the same way for me with this setup:

Quote Originally Posted by Jevlin View Post
    MMO-C is the depressing retirement home of world of warcraft. This is where all the old and retired players come to die.

I use dual monitors and run WoW in windowed fullscreen mode and you can move your mouse from screen to screen without having to alt tab and I don't have issues with it when raiding. I would personally recommend using two monitors, it makes many things so much easier.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Neyara View Post
    It works exactly the same way for me with this setup:

That's what i thought.

Edit: Is that a holypriest btw? <3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Navira View Post
    Edit: Is that a holypriest btw? <3
    It is indeed. ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Jevlin View Post
    MMO-C is the depressing retirement home of world of warcraft. This is where all the old and retired players come to die.

Dual monitors are amazing...just follow the advice above. Totes easy to set-up. But, Windows functionality / features for dual monitors is really poor (e.g. no taskbar on the second monitor etc). 3rd party software really adds to the experiences. I use 'Actual Multiple Monitors', but DisplayFusion is also meant to be good (and you can get it from Steam with a lifetime license).
    CPU: Ivy Bridge i5-3570K OC @ 4.2 GHz, Cooler: ARTIC Cooling Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2
    MB: ASUS P8Z77-V LE, RAM: 2x 4GB DDR3 1333MHz RAM
    GPU: MSI R9-280X, Sound: Creative Sound Blaster Audigy SE
    SSD: 120GB SanDisk SSD, HDD: 2x 1TB Seagate HDD in RAID 0
    PSU: OCZ 700W (multi-rail) PSU, Case: Cooler Master Elite 334U case
    Monitors: ASUS VE247H & ASUS VE228H Cooling: Totes cute Akasa 120mm Rainbow LED fans