Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Kicked for being Dps death knight in wotlk when doing dungeons. But My favorite was back in wotlk when you had to link achievements to join raids, by using a addon that faked achievements in chat I joined a group for a new boss in voa. After we killed the boss and I got the real achievement and a piece of gear, I was kicked and harassed by a crazy guy who did not get the loot and he was pissed of that I could join without having the achievement.

15+ Year Old Account
    Got kicked for the first time ever yesterday on my hunter in LFR siege p4 while we were heading up to Paragons (smooth nice run, no wipes, did what is expected from a ilvl500 surv hunter, didn't type anything in chat so can't have pissed anyone off in that way)..

When the loading screen suddenly showed up I just sat there staring, couldn't comprehend what was going on - Then for a brief moment thought this must be some weird ass bug and I'll need to TP back in fast before they pull the boss. Nope "you've been removed" and I can't for the life of me figure out why.

when i leveled my disc priest i got kicked for being number 1 on the dps meters. noone died, i could keep people alive just my spamming smite on the enemies, but apparently that didn't work for them.

Deleted
    Gotta say.. that whole "Justified, you're not doing your Job"-thing is completely childish. More so than anything else relating that topic.

If you want people to do their Job - and to do it right - be fucking nice and don't insult them like an Idiot.

If you misbehave and insult your fellow players you shouldn't fucking wonder if they don't want to do their Job in the Dungeon anymore.
    The People that insulted are to blame. You reacting to such a childish behavior can't be blamed.

Deleted
    Got kicked coz i dint heal some hunter pet
    i saw that hunter say something about 2 mins later get dropped from instance but i was happy coz tank was of these monks who know only spuinning crane kick and love to pull half Stratholme instance its manage to die 2 times because his HP drops much faster that i able to cast flash Heal
    So far no one complaint that i`m up in damage meter with mine disco priest

Quote Originally Posted by NoNamedPride View Post
    Gotta say.. that whole "Justified, you're not doing your Job"-thing is completely childish. More so than anything else relating that topic.

If you want people to do their Job - and to do it right - be fucking nice and don't insult them like an Idiot.

If you misbehave and insult your fellow players you shouldn't fucking wonder if they don't want to do their Job in the Dungeon anymore.
    The People that insulted are to blame. You reacting to such a childish behavior can't be blamed.
    So you potentially make 3 other people suffer because of 1 asshat.

Nope, you're the immature one.

Got kicked for being a rogue,. and because the druid refused to tank because he wanted to roll on dps gear.

e.g. he signed up as tank, but he was dps main spec..

10+ Year Old Account
    Only time I was kicked from a dungeon was in Cata, when I healed a ZG run. Joined a random dungeon and got into a group with 4 guildies from a super casual RP guild on my old realm. They were awful. I mean, really awful. I mean, 8 wipes on Zanzil awful. They didn't understand the fight at all, and had some kind of weird preconception about how you were supposed to do it, making the fight way way harder than it should be.

After putting up with this for the first 6 wipes without really saying anything, because I didn't want to step on their toes being a guild group and all, I eventually said something like "Ok, folks, there are easier ways to do this you know." I got shot down, we pulled a 7th time, wiped again. So I just barrelled on and started talking in party chat about the things they could change to make it go down easier. They were grumpy about it, but agreed to try a couple of my suggestions. One more pull, went SLIGHTLY better but they still did it wrong, we still wiped, then they smugly said my suggestions weren't working either. When I pointed out they were fine, I don't tend to wipe 8 times on this boss with my own groups, and they just weren't actually listening to me, I got called and elitist and was kicked and /ignored. Lovely people!

It wasn't even like the patch had just come out... this was several months after the ZG/ZA patch was launched.

Deleted
    In Wrath I used to get kicked also for being a DK, not everytime though. In Wrath, when I queue to LFD with my retri paladin, I always put RF on and select the tanking role. Never kicked but getting complaints a lot, not from taking damage though. As disc priest, I've been getting complained many times by doing most damage in the group but whenever I say:" That's how attonement priest works", they have been quiet.

joined the siege of nizao temple on my Soo gear'd hunter and waited for the tank to pull, then casted MD on him for the next group. we got to the first boss and killed it fine then the tank says brb afk for 10 mins. i didnt notice and kept pulling killing all the mobs, carrying the group, i got to the final mob and started asking wheres the tank??? the other people in the party apparently were his guildies and were ok with him being afk for 10 mins when the dungeon coulda been over by then. i managed to start up the 2nd boss fight but got kicked even though u really dont need anything more than a hunter pet to carry that dungeon. lol

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I got kicked a few years ago for being from Argent Dawn EU, even though my gear was heroic raid gear at the time and I outgeared everyone else in the group :/

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrgannus View Post
    In Wrath I was booted for being a DK. I wish I was joking.
    Me too actually, the only time i ever got kicked. Just saw "no frost dk needing warrior gear!" and then i was back in howling fjord like a minute after ankahet began.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds about right, that's where the community is today.
    Jesus, people buffed you over and over again back in vanilla even with buffs lasting as low as 5 minutes and 30 minutes,
    not to mention dungeons lasted for hours.

Yet today they can't survive together for more than 15 minutes before making a insult war.

Quote Originally Posted by razski View Post
    For refusing to heal a warrior who called me a retard, for casting mass resurrection when two people died.

I'm not even sorry, it made me smile.

Anyone got any funny stories about getting booted from an instance?
    I don't really have any funny stories about being kicked. I do however find it funny to type random shit when kicking people from group (people the need to be kicked that is) like "He likes little boys", "Eats paint chips for fun", "Keeps touching me inappropriately" and "Why wouldn't we?".

2 or 3 weeks ago I was doing Shadopan Monastery with my resto druid and I midway through first boss I realise I'm healing a tank in arms spec and gear (I'm talking about normal SPM at lvl 87). When the boss is done, I tell him I need a mana break and he just ignores me and goes and pulls the entire next room and when I arrive to the room he's dead and whining. "OMG NOOB HEALER". Yeah, maybe you should be in correct spec and gear and not pull the entire room without interrupts... Anyway, we manage to get to last boss without any deaths. My roommate is hoovering the apartment and she accidently manages to press the off button on the router so I disconnect for maybe 30sec-1min. When I log in I see that they've pulled the boss and everyone is dead. Again the so called "tank" starts calling me a noob healer and that he's tired of me. I explain that I dc:ed and just logged and will mass resurrect but the group decided to kick me instead. I guess I should've just kicked the tank as soon as I realised he was terrible... So I had to do SPM over again for the quests thanks to this group.

Deleted
    Only time I got kicked from a dungeon it was for healing as ele. No one died, at all. We were on the third boss when someone finally noticed I was top DPS. I didn't need on any gear (there was no possible gear I could have needed on, far outgeared it). "WTF Healer why aren't you healing." - I replied "No one needs any healing atm but I've been in ele spec this whole time, it's quicker", and I got kicked. I was only there to kill some time so I wasn't bothered but it did amuse me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Can't recall ever getting kicked honestly(Not saying I haven't, I just don't remember if I have), but still, what was that warrior thinking is all I have to say.
    He was probably thinking that those players now have the mass rez debuff and in a pinch situation couldn't be mass rez'ed again, if a rez class isn't available. It annoys me as well seeing a rez class using Mass Rez when there's only 1-3 dead players. I don't know that it has ever come back to haunt the group, just my stupid OCD that's always planning for how to deal with worse case scenarios. That said, I don't think I've ever called anyone a disparaging name for using Mass Rez. Just internally irritated, then I shrug it off.

- - - Updated - - -

My "funny" story is more ironic than haha funny. I refuse to carry an afk person through a dungeon. Most players don't seem to mind as they get done so quickly anyway, but if I see someone is on auto follow, or just running to keep up with the group, but not actually doing anything. I will call them out in instance chat. If they don't correct their behavior I'll try to kick them. While trying to kick them I also do nothing, 'cause I refuse to carry folks, even to my own detriment. So if I can't get a kick vote to carry or the other players won't stop pulling long enough to get them I just put the afker on follow. This especially makes folks mad when I'm heals, but also makes them mad when I'm DPSing. The other 3 will then typically start yelling at me to stop afk'ing while yelling at me to stop worrying about the original afker. In almost every case, they end up vote kicking me while keeping the original AFKer.

About the only one that really sticks in my head was getting kicked while on my Enhance Shaman alt for essentially understanding the mechanics of Trash / Boss in an instance and telling a resto druid how to play because their need to play a "special snowflake" build was getting members of our group needlessly killed.

Was a burning crusade instance (think it was one of the ones in Netherstorm, Botanica maybe?), where the trash as well a one of the bosses had a "sunfire" type dot that could stack. It was easily dispellable, but it was a "magic" debuff, and this particular special snowflake had intentionally not specced into the druid talent that let resto druids remove magic debuffs. He was also one of those Healers who wouldnt heal you if you were takeing damage he didnt think you should be takeing.

So literally every other trash pack someone in the group dies because special snowflake A: cant remove this stacking dot that starts to hurt like hell after 2 or so stacks, and B: refuses to heal people because "You arent the tank, you shouldnt be takeing damage". Yes. I get the idea that if I try to tank something and I am not a tank, you reserve the right to not heal me. But there is literally NOTHING we can do about a dot that randomly targets people and is meant to be dispelled before it eats my face. It was sad. He would literally sit there, when the entire group was out of combat between pulls, and watch somebody's HP just tick away untill they dropped over dead and not even try to heal them. I think the only reason I lived through half the pulls was because I could dump my mana bar to self heal till the dot expired.

Then we get to the boss, and proceed to wipe something like 6 times because the dot would eventually stack too high to be healed through people would just drop over dead. We finally managed to brute force our way through the fight and kill the boss with like only the tank alive at the end (who then died to the dot). All the while I have been patiently tryin to explain that this damage is coming from a DoT that he could easily have dispelled if he had taken the right talent, but nope he just argues back that DoT is "undespellable" and insists that I don't understand the mechanics, and it is somehow our fault for letting it kill us.

Im not talking "rageing in group chat" or anything like that. Literally everything I said was simply along the lines of "You know, that thing that keeps killing us is a magic debuff", "You could dispell it if you had specced X", "you could at least heal us untill the debuff runs out", kind of stuff.

The sad part is the rest of the group sided with him on the grounds that I didnt understand the mechanics and was just picking on the Druid because obviously I am a Shaman and know nothing about Druids (I happened to main a Feral Tank at the time) and kicked me. Still boggles my mind.
    Last edited by Surfd; 2014-07-13 at 01:01 PM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    Only time I got kicked from a dungeon it was for healing as ele. No one died, at all. We were on the third boss when someone finally noticed I was top DPS. I didn't need on any gear (there was no possible gear I could have needed on, far outgeared it). "WTF Healer why aren't you healing." - I replied "No one needs any healing atm but I've been in ele spec this whole time, it's quicker", and I got kicked. I was only there to kill some time so I wasn't bothered but it did amuse me.
    Does it surprise you? When you beat them while healing, the elitist 12 year olds with their doritos and pepsi are going to kick you mate.
    rule#1 never out dps, always be in the middle, never 1 or never 4/5th. 2-3 is a safe spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    while this technically isnt about me getting kicked. its similar.

so i was in a heroic the other day just for valor, and my ilvl is pretty high so i can solo the place very easily so i was just pulling every mob and ran straight to the boss and started aoe'ing down everything.

the tank whispers me: "IF YOU GO AHEAD AGAIN I WILL KICK YOU!" "AFTER THIS BOSS IM GONNA KICK YOU" "im kicking" "bye bye"

so what do i do?

immediately after i kill the boss i right click him and hit vote to kick and put lazy as the reason. tank instantly gets kicked from group and i whisper him "bai bai ya nerd" and then proceed to essentially solo the instance.

felt really good too. when you can solo a fucking instance i dont need special snowflake nerd tanks getting their panties in a bunch over not being able to keep up. no one died, i certainly never even came close to dying, you can fuck right off mister tank.

mustve really pissed him off when that happened. he was so damn arrogant that he was going to kick me and that i was totally going to be all mad and lose valor only for HIM to be kicked. it was also at like 5:50 am so it was right before dungeon reset.

similar thing happened in the shado pan dungeon where i was just rushing to boss and aoeing everything down. tank was like "kick him hes bad" and then one of the other dps put up recount where im like three times as much dps as everyone else and tells him to shutup. so the tank rage quit and we killed the boss.
    This right here is why there arent so many tanks in WOW. If dps just let the tank get a chance to do his part we will have even more tanks. Just because you can solo the instance you have no right to take away the role that tanks have. Learn your role instead of being a idiot because you can solo it.

I would also try to kick you on my tank if you did the same thing as you say you did. Its not only you in a group. There are 4 more ppl that also wants to have fun, not just you. You are the reason i dont use LFD on my tanks. I run fast but have no chance against some classses to be first to the mobs. i guess you use blink on CD only so you can pull more. That is not a fun experience for a tank.

So Learn you role and give the tank a chance to even start pull.