Thread: Rogue Mobility

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Rogue Mobility

So when are they nerfing it? It would be pretty ridiculous if it stays the same in WoD

Edit : Seems like lots of misunderstandings in this post. I am talking about Warlords, not live
    Last edited by PrairieChicken; 2014-07-18 at 07:26 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

What about monks? Their mobility is just as good as rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    So when are they nerfing it? It would be pretty ridiculous if it stays the same in WoD
    They are buffing it, not nerfing it. Rogue mobility is shit. Perma bos is nothing compared to feral/warrior or monk mobility.

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem is, rogues without BoS right now would be so, so bad. The entire rogue gameplay (Forced on them by blizzard) is running aawy and resteatlhing for more openers. That is all they can do. IF they are not in stealth/dance, the damage is just not there.

If you want to nerf BoS, you have to buff the living bejeezus out of out of stealth damage for rogues, as they would be the least mobile melee int he game, by far.
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Roots

/thread

Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post
    Roots

/thread
    a valid argument against mages, what about the rest of the classes in this game?

Burst of Speed is a stupid mechanic and should 100% be removed from the game - Rogues need to be fixed elsewhere. Right now, having an entire playstyle built around burst of speed and subterfuge is just stupid - both offer almost no counterplay.

Deleted
    As of now in beta, rogues are the most OP melee class in the game and 100% unbeatable by anyone except shadowpriest which is even more broken. Rogues cannot be kited, they can interrupt all spell casting 99% of the time, and neither melee classes have enough survivability to beat rogue. The longer the duel goes, better chances are that rogue wins. Rogue has too much longevity.

Out of stealth-damage is way too high, the self healing is too good and mobility is simply broken. Assasin rogues are the most OP.
    Last edited by mmoc2953fddf04; 2014-07-15 at 12:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Beta damage is not balanced at all, you cannot really go off that (And I hate saying things like that; but in the case of damage they have said like 300 times now that nothing is balanced)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Snuggli View Post
    a valid argument against mages, what about the rest of the classes in this game?

Burst of Speed is a stupid mechanic and should 100% be removed from the game - Rogues need to be fixed elsewhere. Right now, having an entire playstyle built around burst of speed and subterfuge is just stupid - both offer almost no counterplay.
    That is in summation the problem: Everyone wants to nerf the bejeezus out of rogues, but they don't want to give them anything to fix them, and they would be the worst non-tank class in the game without current BOS and subterfuge, they are flat terrible out of stealth.
    You're a towel.

Quote Originally Posted by Retriavenger View Post
    As of now in beta, rogues are the most OP melee class in the game
    lolwut??? I don't think it's nearly as bad as you're making it out to be. It's also beta, which I don't think OP mentioned.

Rogues cannot be kited, they can interrupt all spell casting 99% of the time
    50% of the time, it works every time

neither melee classes have enough survivability to beat rogue. The longer the duel goes, better chances are that rogue wins. Rogue has too much longevity.
    Right, because there are only two melee classes. So you're saying that feral druids who can virtually last forever are worse off than rogues the longer a duel goes? Monks with their cc/self heals/mobility I guess are included in those 'melee' that don't "have enough survivability". Rogues outside of cooldowns do absolutely nil damage, sorry. I hate BoS but that's not a valid reason to say they are unbeatable and then saying shadow priest is even more broken? Jeesh.

Out of stealth-damage is way too high, the self healing is too good and mobility is simply broken. Assasin rogues are the most OP.
    I'll just leave this one alone..
    Last edited by kikiwrx; 2014-07-15 at 12:45 PM.

Deleted
    Monk is a joke in duels in wod beta, I forgot feral druids which are also OP.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    they are flat terrible out of stealth.
    In wod this has clearly been fixed, since they have very good sustained dps and pressure.

If you want BoS to be nerfed or flat out removed, you should start campaigning about giving rogues back their sustained damage and 70% crippling, which rogues were stripped off coming MoP. But if the current style of gameplay is to remain (that is, running around spamming BoS and feint, while raping your stealth button to restealth), BoS is absolutely necessary atm.

We haven't passed even the damage/healing tuning on beta, so it's to early to say who is OP or not. Besides, recuperate is stupid on beta and will be nerfed (or BF will be brought up).

Monk is a joke in duels in wod beta, I forgot feral druids which are also OP.

- - - Updated - - -

In wod this has clearly been fixed, since they have very good sustained dps and pressure.
    seriously, with all due respect but get your head out of your.... pvp'ing in a beta without ANY form of a number's pass and basing an opinion on that is just a waste.

Why should something that is totally fine be nerfed? Warriors and monks have far better mobility, and arguably feral too.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Why should something that is totally fine be nerfed? Warriors and monks have far better mobility, and arguably feral too.
    actually, it's not totally fine. but it's not a rogue-only problem either. imho mobility of most melee classes is just too good. on the other hand all ranged classes have way too many instants, and both have waaaaaaay too much CC.

i think, we're facing the dead end of an arms-race between ranged and melee which was going on since the "class-revamps" in classic. every expansion brought massive new toys, every major patch changed things, etc. right now, it's a mess; too much cc, too much counter-cc, too much burst (dmg & heal), and so on. rogue's BoS is only a one aspect of the whole big problem (although, it's the most boring and lame bandaid-fix for the lacking mobility of a leather-wearing class that would be really screwed without BoS). they are heading the right way with WoD. hopefully, they will be going the whole road, not stopping in the middle.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say monks are a bigger problem for me. You....can't......kite.....a.....monk and that's coming from a hunter ><

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    What about monks? Their mobility is just as good as rogues.
    Add stupid healing to it, and a karma each minute.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post
    Roots

/thread
    Roots? What is that? "Burst of Speed".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Littlepinch View Post
    I'd say monks are a bigger problem for me. You....can't......kite.....a.....monk and that's coming from a hunter ><
    Played my hunter for 2 days and yet to have faced a loss against a monk, fine my monks haven't been glads but all from 1800-2k.

Are you sure you're using your scatter /Traps against them? Freezing?

Deleted
    As long as damage out of stealth/shadow dance is shit, rogues actually need it to get away and restealth. Really, really bad design by Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    Add stupid healing to it, and a karma each minute.

- - - Updated - - -

Roots? What is that? "Burst of Speed".

- - - Updated - - -

Played my hunter for 2 days and yet to have faced a loss against a monk, fine my monks haven't been glads but all from 1800-2k.

Are you sure you're using your scatter /Traps against them? Freezing?
    im BM spec and they have a lot of tools to stop or force me to stop my burst ( Karma ), for one they are really hard to kite - even with my gap openers and slows/traps they just stay right on me ( this might also have to do with my guildies i end up carrying for the most part ) they don't give me much in the ways of assistance if you catch my drift. So i guess my real problem with monks is having to kill said monk + his partner.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepinch View Post
    im BM spec and they have a lot of tools to stop or force me to stop my burst ( Karma ), for one they are really hard to kite - even with my gap openers and slows/traps they just stay right on me ( this might also have to do with my guildies i end up carrying for the most part ) they don't give me much in the ways of assistance if you catch my drift. So i guess my real problem with monks is having to kill said monk + his partner.
    Change pet to the defensive thingy, have sac macro, stun. Use traps, even aimed shot when you get full traps with chimera, change your glyphs. A chimera / Aimed shot can crit 1/3rd of his HP, if he's already at half, you can spam kill shot. Reroll MM.

It's really not that hard, you even have disengage root, stun, wyvern/binding, scatter, trap, silencing, detterence x2, freedom.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    Change pet to the defensive thingy, have sac macro, stun. Use traps, even aimed shot when you get full traps with chimera, change your glyphs. A chimera / Aimed shot can crit 1/3rd of his HP, if he's already at half, you can spam kill shot. Reroll MM.

It's really not that hard, you even have disengage root, stun, wyvern/binding, scatter, trap, silencing, detterence x2, freedom.
    I say im bm and you tell me to use MM skills - sounds legit

I ONLY play bm period. and trust me when i say i use all of those cc/snares/slows/stuns

"defensive pet thingy" this made me laugh - is that the technical term?

Yes i use RoS defensively on myself
    Last edited by Littlepinch; 2014-07-15 at 04:42 PM.