Quote Originally Posted by Fallenraven View Post
    Ofc its not an act of war, but its a big enough act that I think we should move to conclude this conflict as soon as possible, it was an accident today, tomorrow its another accident and they shoot down another commercial airliner. This is what you sign up when you decide you want to play war, they made a mistake and they are surely going to pay for it. When this starts affecting the everyday lives of countries that have nothing to do with the conflict then we have a problem.

Or do you really just expect the rest of the world to just tell them "Dont do it again you naughty people", really? What world do you live in? 300 People died because of the stupid little war they wanted to play, the responsibility is squarely on the group that brought down the plane, and now its up to the interested parties to decide what actions they want to take forward because of this.

So what, the Netherlands and Malyasia are going to declare war on Ukraine/Russia over 300 lives lost in what appears to be mistaken identity?

Quote Originally Posted by poser765 View Post
    I do actually, and these two events are in no way comparable.
    Was a typo. Ment WW1. 1 shot was enough to start a war. 300 people can be enough too.

Yeah and you can call it whatever you want, whatever countries are affected by this accident will decide on what measures they see fit to respond to it so it never happens again. You cant just be out shooting targets and then accidentally shoot someone say "Im sorry its an accident" and expect to just walk away from it. Thats not how the real world works.

Did I say they will just walk away from it with an apology? No, those involved should be found and be punished.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by petej0 View Post
    So what, the Netherlands and Malyasia are going to declare war on Ukraine/Russia over 300 lives lost in what appears to be mistaken identity?
    As a Dutch person, I can say, this is never going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    Flying 33000 miles gives no strategic advantage or anything, it was way above the no fly zone. I think you are trying to find some kind of way to blame this on an Ukranian airport, while the change in flight be for for stuff as simple as known turbulence at the time. If anything flying lower makes it easier to identify as a civilian plane. This mistake is 100% on who shot it down. If its the rebel, the rebel needs to get 100% of the shit they deserve for it.
    i did NOT blame anybody. I am analyzing facts since i am no flight expert, that's about it

Quote Originally Posted by Senathor View Post
    Do you know how WW2 started?
    Germany attacked Poland. I think you may mean WWI, which was sparked by the assassination of Austria's Archduke Franz Ferdinand and his wife.

Edit : Sorry to slow, saw your next post.
    "These so called speed humps are a joke. If anything, they slow you down. "

They were pro Russia militia, it was on purpose they wanted to start some shit and now Cold War 2 begins.

Quote Originally Posted by Senathor View Post
    Was a typo. Ment WW1. 1 shot was enough to start a war. 300 people can be enough too.
    It's easily arguable that WW1 would have started regardless of what Happened to Franz.

The point is...you called it an act of war...it's not.
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

We didn't wipe 100 times. We just found 100 ways how not to down a boss.

Some say Ukraine was trying to nuke down V. Putin's plane returning from Brazil the same day ~1 hour difference.
    Some others say Ukraine thought it was a Russian bomber because Russia had threaten to bomb Ukrainian military positions responsible for the shelling of targets inside Russia.

Black box will show the Radar readings and communication between pilots. Russia and the "rebels" are cooperating 100%. They just let 30 UNSC members to land to the crash site.

Deleted
    Not at all, but the international community is gonna be even more determined to end this conflict now, there will be a lot more pressure on Russia to not arm ( if they are arming them ) and supporting the rebels( if the missile came from them ) , there will be a lot more going on in the background to help ukraine regain control of its region and end the conflict.

I expect sanctions to be escalated further if Russia continues to be uncooperative, but I imagine not even Russia want to be seen condoning an attack like this in the international community so there will be increased negotiations and talks going in the background to end this sooner rather than later.

In essence right now there is zero chance that the region currently controlled by the rebels is ever going to be independent or part of Russia.

Also forgot to say it but ofc there will be a lot more pressure on the EU to end the conflict as well ofc, it now starts affecting everyone else, when is a commercial plane coming out of the EU being shot down again? This is not something that leaders want to see happen again, if that means quickening the demise of the pro-russian rebels then that will be what leaders will be working towards.
    Last edited by mmoc3bea1d4ff7; 2014-07-18 at 03:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    As a Dutch person, I can say, this is never going to happen.
    Exactly. Now if there was a history of planes carry Dutch people being shot down by Ukrainian forces then that could be considered an act of war. A single occurrence war does not make.

Quote Originally Posted by Zigzagzoom View Post
    The black boxes won't show much of anything relevant other than the planes location and air speed. What is more telling is the satellite and radar information that is real time. Investigators know exactly where and when that missile came from. That's what is important. Since there is so much conflict in the area with such political importance that place was already light up like a Christmas tree with satellite and radar assets. That's why information is coming out so quickly.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flight_recorder
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post
    What they already achieved is several countries to move away from USD. Europe prepare for a very very very cold winter btw.
    Yawn, the Netherlands has gas themselves. On the other hand, prepare to find no food in the supermarket.
    Having to rough it out with a woodburning stove beats having to go to bed with an empty belly.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah and you can call it whatever you want, whatever countries are affected by this accident will decide on what measures they see fit to respond to it so it never happens again. You cant just be out shooting targets and then accidentally shoot someone say "Im sorry its an accident" and expect to just walk away from it. Thats not how the real world works.
    Exactly, it's not just a accident to shoot down a plane. Oh, I shot you. Sorry, it was a accident. I didn't intend to do so.

Putins troll army is invading MMO-champ!!

Infracted. Don't call others trolls.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2014-07-19 at 12:07 AM.

Not at all, but the international community is gonna be even more determined to end this conflict now, there will be a lot more pressure on Russia to not arm ( if they are arming them ) and supporting the rebels( if the missile came from them ) , there will be a lot more going on in the background to help ukraine regain control of its region and end the conflict.

I expect sanctions to be escalated further if Russia continues to be uncooperative, but I imagine not even Russia want to be seen condoning an attack like this in the international community so there will be increased negotiations and talks going in the background to end this sooner rather than later.
    This would happen regardless. If it isnt a commercial plane it is a Russia/Ukrainian town masacre, or a school, or a school bus...or a kidnapped German couple traveling in the region on vacation.

I bet Putin is thinking to himself: "why the hell did we give those idiots these toys"

Exactly. Now if there was a history of planes carry Dutch people being shot down by Ukrainian forces then that could be considered an act of war. A single occurrence war does not make.
    Yeah this is not the first civilian plane to be shot down, Russia has done a couple, one of them was air to air and supposedly the pilot tried to relay that it looked like a commercial jet not a spy plane but he was still ordered to take it out. No war.

Quote Originally Posted by poser765 View Post
    It's easily arguable that WW1 would have started regardless of what Happened to Franz.

The point is...you called it an act of war...it's not.
    No I didn't. That was someone else. But I do agree that it could potentially be an act of war. I don't think it is though.