Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    They're not orcs or humans, and once the expansion is over it will no longer be the expansion in which they were introduced. Therefore, they will get a few random lore nuggets here and there that don't amount to much and no real explanations for anything. *shrug* That's just how it goes.

I can't think of any particularly good lore reason for the pandaren of the wandering isle to continue to fight one another. The faction split didn't go well for them, and the two primarily responsible have reconciled.

I'm exploring the world to learn more. It's really up to your character, but most pandaren left the isle to explore the world and they chose to join a faction because they liked their civilization.
    My name is what makes me so manly.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Kara View Post
    I'm exploring the world to learn more. It's really up to your character, but most pandaren left the isle to explore the world and they chose to join a faction because they liked their civilization.
    as an added bonus they can now see friends and family who joined the opposite side and not be considered to be committing treason.

I am kinda wondering how the horde intro quest will change with Garrosh out.

7+ Year Old Account
    Once again, it's *never* confirmed that Aysa/Ji actually return to the Wandering Isle. That is part of a speech Aysa gives to Ji when she believes he is dying. It's part of a "please, just live, and we can go back to the wandering isle and live in peace again" speech. At that point, Garrosh is still in charge, and Ji is bloodied in the middle of a war zone. The situation *drastically* changes after that. Garrosh is defeated, and the Horde/Alliance war ends. Thus, the reason she was proposing that is no longer necessarily valid. And Ji may not have necessarily wanted to return to the Wandering Isle.

TL;DR - Just because someone proposes something during a desperate moment doesn't mean that it WILL happen, once the situation is resolved and they have a chance to think about things clearly.

Quote Originally Posted by gorkos View Post
    I am kinda wondering how the horde intro quest will change with Garrosh out.
    More than likely, it won't. Not for a few expansions. That event exists just after the fall of Deathwing and that's where it will stay until they change a bit of dialog. Even Draenei and Blood Elves got a new opening "cinematic" but their quests act like they just started in BC.

Herald of the Titans Tech Priest Bojangles's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Let's hope they will vanish from our memory so we can pretend they never even been there.
    I was going to post this but someone beat me to it.
    -=From the moment I understood the weakness of my flesh, it disgusted me. I craved the strength and certainty of steel. I aspired to the purity of the blessed machine. Your kind claimed your flesh as if it will not decay and fail you. One day the crude biomass that you call a temple will wither, and you will beg my kind to save you... But I am already saved..... For the machine is immortal=-

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm just assuming/imagining that some pandaren like were they are and/or exploring a world they've never seen.

Quote Originally Posted by bionics View Post
    An article from AiPT today raises a good question: What is going to happen/should happen with the remaining Pandaren?

In SoO, Aysa saves Ji and they vow to try to return to the Wandering Isle. But what happens with the rest of the Pandaren still in the Horde/Alliance? What is their motivation to stay, and why do Varian/Vol'jin keep them in their ranks? They have no need for any Pandaria advantages anymore as both are turning their attentions to Draenor.
    makes about as much sense as asking why the horde should keep mages cause Jaina decided to get buddy buddy with Varian again...

2 characters decide to go off somewhere so now ALL characters that are remotely like them have to follow suit?

Idk about you dawg but my pandaren saved the Horde from garry. /respect

10+ Year Old Account
    more allies is always a better thing
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

I didn't actually know you can let Ji die.

I can only assume that canon-wise he lived, and we'll have to wait and see if the Pandaren continue to have "faction leaders".
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Xayl1 View Post
    as an added bonus they can now see friends and family who joined the opposite side and not be considered to be committing treason.
    Blizzard should have done more with that civil war element of the story; would have added much more depth and characterization to the Pandaren, who many pigeonholed as "kung-fu panda rip-offs."

When 6.0 hits, all Pandaren PCs and NPCs will be attackable by any faction or non-pandaren NPC. When they are killed they are deleted. I thought we covered this? Pandaria is strip-mined by the gnomes and goblins and 500,000g is deposited into everyone's bank. Didn't you read the notes?
    Last edited by 87Octane; 2014-07-23 at 07:38 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    All pandas should be force race changed to Orcs or humans depending on their faction. Be done with the panda scourge.
    Same shit, different day.
    Better busy than dead.

On a serious note, I assume the only possible reason for their further involvement on Draenor from a lore standpoint is the fact that they (the pandarens in general) insisted on taking Garrosh after his defeat in OG and obviously let him escape and so being an honour driven race feel the need to make up for that and bring him to justice? I don't know, that's the only explanation I can think of.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Greigory View Post
    On a serious note, I assume the only possible reason for their further involvement on Draenor from a lore standpoint is the fact that they (the pandarens in general) insisted on taking Garrosh after his defeat in OG and obviously let him escape and so being an honour driven race feel the need to make up for that and bring him to justice? I don't know, that's the only explanation I can think of.
    I think there was a tweet from Kosak saying the Shado Pan might make a cameo.

Deleted
    Srsly does they need a leader? There are probably around 50 Pandas each side lorewise and they are like mercenaries they doesn't need leaders or spokesman because they won't build their own society or even faction anyway. And what with them? I dunno probably traveling, mercing or crafting for Horde like everyone else.

You decide to stay, because you already swore yourself to the alliance/horde, respectively. It's just Aysa and Ji leaving.

Alliance: this was all Garrosh's fault, and we've dealt with him
    Horde: This was all Garrosh's fault, and we've dealt with him

Though it would be nice to at least allow us to return to the Wandering Isle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bionics View Post
    An article from AiPT today raises a good question: What is going to happen/should happen with the remaining Pandaren?

In SoO, Aysa saves Ji and they vow to try to return to the Wandering Isle. But what happens with the rest of the Pandaren still in the Horde/Alliance? What is their motivation to stay, and why do Varian/Vol'jin keep them in their ranks? They have no need for any Pandaria advantages anymore as both are turning their attentions to Draenor.
    What **SHOULD ** happen?

The Houjin leave the Horde en masse, leaving behind only a few of its members who have made especially strong ties with elements of the Horde. The Pandaren Empire realises that it cannot stand alone in this strange and dangerous world

Both join the Alliance. It'd be something that shows that there consequences to the decisions made by the factions. It creates a situation whereby the Pandaren story can continue to evolve. It does so without creating any gameplay issues.

What will happen? The Pandaren get forgotten about about.

EJL
    Last edited by Talen; 2014-07-24 at 09:02 PM.