Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

Artcraft - Body Moovin: Female Tauren Model, Spires of Arakk and Nagrand Coming Soon

Artcraft - Body Moovin: Female Tauren Character Model
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    We’re here with a brand-new Artcraft! I’m your host, Chris Robinson, senior art director on World of Warcraft, and today we’re showing you where we’re at with the female Tauren.

The original female Tauren had a lot of issues with too-angular geometry and stretched-out textures. It’s not her fault—it’s just what we had available to us at the time. Our new process has allowed us to add a lot of detail to her hair, fur, horns, and hooves, to build a far more detailed and expressive face, and to add a lot of definition to her musculature (while retaining her shape and silhouette).

One other change of note: Warcraft character design is commonly known for its stylized long arms, large hands, and big feet, but the female Tauren’s hands were just completely out of control. We brought them down to a more consistent size with the other updated models, and were also able to add a ton more detail and dexterity in the process.

We hope you enjoy her new look—let us know what you think in the comments!

Coming Soon: Spires of Arakk and Nagrand
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    In a soon-to-arrive build, we will be opening up Spires of Arakk and Nagrand, and will be raising the level cap to 100, leaving the entire level-up experience open for testing.

We have a close eye on the feedback that is being posted on these forums, and over the next week or two, you should see resolution for many of the major issues that you've been encountering in the currently released zones.

Please, keep the feedback coming. It is extremely useful in helping us identify issues that don't manifest in our internal environments, and your opinions on our content and systems are very important to us.

Thank you for all of your input and support.

Deleted
    Gorgeous. My druid approves.

First!!!, Greetings to me Mom.....

looks 1000% better, can't argue against that. too bad i dont play female tauren, nor do i plan on it D:

ohh no too late

10+ Year Old Account
    ...I think that may be the biggest improvement yet. Impressive. I might actually be able to make a Female Tauren now.

All three of my plate wearers and my monk are female tauren; I thought for sure they would get shafted on resources allotted due to their relative rarity, but I'm pleased to see how solid that is already looking.

that old model is so ugly it's unreal

10+ Year Old Account
    LoL, the improvement is off the charts, my tauren druid will be pleased.
    | i9 10850K | RTX 3080 Ti Aorus | Z490 Aorus Ultra G2 | Corsair 32GB DDR4 3600MHz | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Seagate BarraCuda 6TB | Corsair HX1000W Platinum | Cooler Master H500M

10+ Year Old Account
    LOVING IT!

Finally some female Tauren love ^^

They have indeed gotten what seems a more impressive upgrade!
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Where's my troll skins???!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    By the Hoary Hosts of Hoggoth, what a fucking difference (i.e. HUGE IMPROVEMENT).

Out of all the races thus far, the Tauren redesigns easily look the best and most improved.

I seem to be the only one so far who doesn't like it. The new model just looks retarded to me :3

It looks so human...

oh hell yea, the expressions are phenomenal. Because the original model is so horrid and blocky, this is probably the best one. Nice job!!

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with vouksh89, definitely the best update to date.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

15+ Year Old Account
    They look much better than before, but some people may feel disappointed because of the significantly smaller boobs.

got milk? i dont like it but my only tauren is druid so i dont realy care

10+ Year Old Account
    Amazing difference. Love it!