Lightbulb Hope for new Goblin/Worgen models for Legion?

Seeing Genn get a spotlight and a neat new model for legion gives me hope we might get some new models! And if they did update the worgens, of course they would have to update the goblins too. Even if it's not on the legion release... Blizzcon would be the perfect time to showcase some nice new models!

- - - Updated - - -

Genn greymanes new legion model looks sweet! Would post a link to a video I found showcasing it but I can't as I am new and not... Trusted... I guess?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say it is definitely a possibility, but I am not really expecting it to happen. We'll just have to see! It would be nice though, Worgen especially need it.

So, you do realize that the new model for Greymane, which has all the fur, would be covered up by your armor. They're not gonna make it poking through. I'm not sure it's even a new model... Just a new skin to go over the same model.

I agree it looks cool, but I don't see it making any difference for player Worgen.

15+ Year Old Account
    At the rate Blizzard gets around to doing things, we might see them a year or two before WoW stops making expansions.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

Probably next expac.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would you want a new model for them ? They are already "new", they were made long after the first models. Maybe making the animation better but the look definitely doesn't need anything.

The perma-snarl on worgens are fine?

The fact that they don't have actual eye lids like the updated models do is fine?

The fact that they don't use the new alpha channels on capes is fine? This is true of goblins, too.

Worgen females are broken with some animations and look like a completely different species from the male.

Have you seen a worgen female do a selfie?

The two races also lack the same expressiveness as the new models do. They look dated.

Worgens are most certainly NOT fine and NEED to get updated. People have been whining about how terrible they are (females especially) for over 5 YEARS and Blizzard has yet to do a damn thing to fix them.

The ONLY race that doesn't need to be updated is the Pandaren.

Yes, our armor will cover the model for the most part but armor doesn't hide animations. We can choose to hide our helmet which means the perma-snarl will always be there for the current worgen. We can also choose to hide the cape to ignore the worgen/goblins don't use the new alpha channels. But choosing to ignore the issue doesn't mean there isn't an issue. It's no different than those who say they hate the new models. For many, rather than giving feedback and post illustrations of WHY they hate the new models so Blizzard can change them, they choose to run away and use the old ones. Now Blizzard's forcing the old models to use the new animations which many are unhappy about. Well, if you didn't hide with your tail between your legs and instead gave productive feedback so Blizzard could have updated the new models AND animations to be more to your liking, then Blizzard could have changed things. The worgen models have MASSIVE issues. The goblins aren't so bad, but they've also been in the game since the beginning. No surprise Blizzard would have time to tweak them before they went live. The player worgens didn't have the same benefit.

Here's hoping the new worgen/goblins will be a Legion patch feature like the blood elves were in WoD. Hopefully it won't be a Kalecgos situation. I still remember when we saw his model in 2.4 and people were excited. Blizzard asked if we wanted to see a human player model like that. Took them like 7 years to finally update the models after that. Funny how dated Kalec now looks after remembering how excited people were about how good he looked. Same with Anduin's previous model. Looked so good when it first came out. It was very dated by the time MoP ended. Varian suffered the same issue as does Jaina.

I suppose many value different things. Some of us may play a game on low settings even if we can play on ultra because gameplay is more important. Some of us prefer to play on ultra and anything less makes the game worthless. Some of us are perfectly fine on medium settings. Personally, I just don't like half baked projects. Blizzard stated the racial update. They need to finish it. It's the principle of the matter. Blizzard released the worgens broken and never fixed them. Least they can do is release a proper updated model now after updating the other races.

Quote Originally Posted by guardian_titan View Post
    Yes, our armor will cover the model for the most part but armor doesn't hide animations.
    Right, I was just pointing out that the "new model" for Genn Greymane wasn't the sign of a solution that some people are taking it to be.

Tbh I'm absolutely fine with the worgen permasnarl. Yep. I said it.

10+ Year Old Account
    If nothing else, Worgen and Goblin need an update at some point because they miss the ability to display the new cape models and they also miss several of the new animations that don't work with their old skeletons.

I'm pretty sure Blizzard will be forced to update them at some point, because it will just cause problems further down the line if they continue to add new animations and 3D armour models.

For Legion? Probably not. Definitely not by launch, and it's unlikely to be done in a later patch during Legion. Blood Elves were done in 6.1 in WoD, but that's because they were planned for release, then delayed. The most they said for Worgen and Goblins is that they want to, and it's on their list of things to do in the future. Of note, Genn's model isn't really of the same quality as the other model updates. It's simply retextured, with added fur pieces. It doesn't have smoother animations, more moving hair, moving eyes/eyelids, moving lips, etc.

I'd guess next expansion for an actual release. They might have some models to show off at Blizzcon, but I'd expect a lot more Legion stuff to be mentioned this Blizzcon, particularly with future patches and new areas.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.