Quote Originally Posted by Tenris View Post
    I have just got back into the game after 7 months and was wondering what the meta is like in HL?
    I can see by hotslogs the best heroes and builds atm but is it better to go 2 tanks and 1 healer or 2 healers or what?
    Or does it depend heavily on the enemy comp and map?

Any advice and suggestions?
    This is a thread about your awesome/funny/sad games. I would look for advice on current meta in another thread =)
    I can teach you how to play, but I can't fix stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    So is it generally a bad idea to play ranked on the weekend? Because holy shit, I've never lost so many
    games in a row before until today.

The sheer amount of just...bad doesn't even describe the quality of player I've been unfortunate to be
    paired with, is just fucking astounding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man, it feels so damn good to get revenge on a "master" player who got placed by pure luck (He was Platinum and Diamond 3 at best for past seasons).

He started to blame me for losing a game when I told Ming to position better as she was not getting enough damage out. Of course it was my fault I couldn't peel against Tracer, Fenix and Muradin at the same time in single warrior composition with Abathur as Varian. Seriously, the only CC we had was my Taunt and Stukov's Silence.

Then I hop into next game and I instant lock in Maiev as was a first pick. Unfortunately for him, he was on enemy team and they just got smashed. Slowly and methodically. My team was really good though, nice rotations and some nasty combos. I mean, we had Johanna, Kael, Thrall, Malfurion and me on Maiev of course. Johanna pulled them in, I shackled them and dropped Cage, Malfurion rooted and silenced them while Kael and Thrall were unleashing hell.

I'm running a lovely 36% winrate in HL this season.

- - - Updated - - -

Make that 34%!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    I'm running a lovely 36% winrate in HL this season.

- - - Updated - - -

Make that 34%!
    I call that a majestic fall. It is not worth playing a Hero League this season.

I just stick to unranked now, winning feels almost as good and losing doesn't bother me at all. The only downside is having to play some annoying maps like Garden or BHB, but worth saving all the nerves.

how do you play this many games of Tracer and still get styled on by a fuckin' Murky
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

10+ Year Old Account
    My new way of playing and winning Is to out experience both the enemy team and your own team stupid plays.

Might look odd going solo but it does seem to work since people hardly ever listen might as well give them an exp lead and hope they can at least do something good that way.

10+ Year Old Account
    What the fuck is with the Tanks nowadays? Every single of them is massive pussy hiding behind backliners, absolutely no killer instinct.

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post

how do you play this many games of Tracer
    Jesus Christ.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only taken 6 placement matches in hero league before finally winning one, definitely not playing hero league once my placement matches are finished.
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Excuse me while I go and clear my sinuses loudly into a megaphone.

Getting really tired of back to back abathurs who pve all match while we team wipe with the enemy team at 5% health.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I don't play for a week and today I decided to give it a try once again. Guess what? After 4 matches I uninstalled the game.

Fuck it, the game is dead in the water.

10+ Year Old Account
    14 death Leoric, do I need to say anymore?
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Excuse me while I go and clear my sinuses loudly into a megaphone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post

how do you play this many games of Tracer and still get styled on by a fuckin' Murky
    Just theorizing, but I'd figure that Tracer would have to worry about the blowfish, tentacle trap
    combo. Pretty sure that'd one-shot Tracer.

Unless that wasn't the problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    After having the game uninstalled for a week, I just received this:
    Greetings,

Blizzard Account: XXX

Action Taken: Warning
    Violation: Non-participation

Refusing to participate in a game, including but not limited to being AFK, creates a disadvantage for your allies and ruins the match for both teams. These actions violate our in-game policies (http://battle.net/support/article/42673).

At this time, we are not actioning your account. We have noticed behavior that is consistent with prior actions. If this behavior continues we may suspend your account, which can lead to account closure.

As the owner of this account, you are responsible for all actions associated with it. We issue suspensions and closures to protect our players and our service in accordance with our Terms of Use (http://blizzard.com/company/legal/eula).

Regards,

Customer Support
    What an absolute horseshit, I have NEVER fucking EVER went AFK or refused to participate in my life. If the reason was for feeding, sure, fine. I did fed on purpose in my last game before I uninstalled this crap.

Have I been told to stop AFK? Yes, but only by the dumb cunts who think it is better to die in meaningless team fight with talent disadvantage while I am trying to soak the experience to finally catch up so we can take the goddamn fight. If this means "consistent" than this game is doomed because the general playerbase is dumb beyond saving.

Thank you Blizzard for giving me yet another reason to give up on HotS with this automated system enforcing actual toxic and dumb behaviour.

Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    After having the game uninstalled for a week, I just received this:

What an absolute horseshit, I have NEVER fucking EVER went AFK or refused to participate in my life. If the reason was for feeding, sure, fine. I did fed on purpose in my last game before I uninstalled this crap.

Have I been told to stop AFK? Yes, but only by the dumb cunts who think it is better to die in meaningless team fight with talent disadvantage while I am trying to soak the experience to finally catch up so we can take the goddamn fight. If this means "consistent" than this game is doomed because the general playerbase is dumb beyond saving.

Thank you Blizzard for giving me yet another reason to give up on HotS with this automated system enforcing actual toxic and dumb behaviour.
    You are a horrible toxic liar and I wish that letter was for an account closure. In the previous page of this thread you even said “Ever since getting out of my second silence, I turned into silent toxic cunt who just AFKs in lane the moment I realize I am stuck with people who should be in silver judging by their drafting, rotations and fight IQ. Surprisingly I don't get any complaints, which is fucking hilarious. Apparently being an actual asshole is less toxic than using strong language.”

Mod warning: Things have been getting heated around here in the past day or two. That stops now. Passionate discussion is fine. Flaming, trolling, and what have you, is not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clatratus View Post
    You are a horrible toxic liar and I wish that letter was for an account closure. In the previous page of this thread you even said “Ever since getting out of my second silence, I turned into silent toxic cunt who just AFKs in lane the moment I realize I am stuck with people who should be in silver judging by their drafting, rotations and fight IQ. Surprisingly I don't get any complaints, which is fucking hilarious. Apparently being an actual asshole is less toxic than using strong language.”
    Call me whatever you want, I don't care.

You apparently didn't get I over exxaggerated. If you think I am really AFK or non-participating out of my own will when I see the remaining four players straight up feeding instead of soaking experience, you are clearly mistaken. Actually my so called "toxic" behaviour is the right one to do, if you fall behind in experience, sometimes you got to give up shit and prepare to defend. Not rush in with disadvantage, lose the fight and see enemy team snowball the game to oblivion. On the other side, have I refused to join some meaningless fights on equal talents? Absolutely, but most likely I either saw exploitable opportunity elsewhere or just didn't think it was right time to take the fight as there was nothing to fight for yet. And yes, I also kept clearing waves alone in lane, hoping to lose quick when we were so behind that the only option was to take a fight and hope enemy team makes a huge mistake. The difference is, my attitude nor behaviour did not bring it to that situation, it was only a very cynical reaction to chain of events.

Even if I was honestly AFK on purpose, this just shows how retarded this reporting system is. I have the game uninstalled for a week, straight. That just means you can continue with your ridiculous behaviour for long ass time before Blizzard does something about it. Same goes about for the silence penalty. If you get reported for shit, you should be informed about it immediately so you know how often people report you for what. Receiving "punishment" this late makes you not give a single fuck about it and you are unlikely to correct it. Speaking from my own experience, after getting out of silence for the first time I turned off chat for 2 weeks just to get frustrated by the stupidity to turn it on again and flip off the idiots. Blizzard should stop with those late punishments, they accomplish nothing. They should inform the player that he is getting reported so he can actually see in which cases he is being reported to actually correct his behaviour on fly.

This game is fun, but it is in super sad state. Toxicity is never punished in time and general playerbase is missing important knowledge which leads to this crazy circle of frustration for both sides, the casual and more hardcore players.

I honestly don't give a damn about being reported or whatever, I am just baffled by the speed of their actions. I didn't bring it up to complain about getting punished, I brought it up so people can see how horrible this reporting system is.

had one of "those" illidans. the type who launches into the entire enemy team and calls everyone out for not helping but doesnt join team fights otherwise.

as a morales, i managed to save him at 5%, no exageration, by disrupting the enemy and healing upto 75%. Then i ulted him because he had his ult up....and then he proceeds to immediately escape back to me. Body blocked me while running away to get heals from me as if I can only heal at melee range, getting me killed, once I was dead and my ult had dropped off him, he launched back into the enemy and immediately died.

had he actually stayed to fight as he did the entire game before and after that point, it would have been a huge victory, but...urgh..
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2018-06-01 at 08:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    As someone who almost exclusively plays solo quick match. I had the best day.

Played 3 games got 3 wins. From those 3 games I got 2 chest.

The two reguler chest gave me a legendary each.
    Its been such a long time since I have been this happy playing Hots.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup