Page 1 of 47
... LastLast
    Deleted

Why is the Alliance fanbase so upset with Blizzard?

Why is the Alliance fanbase so upset with Blizzard? I mean ever since Cataclysm beta (4 years ago) every single time the Alliance loses something and/or the Horde wins something people start making tons and tons and tons of complaints about "Horde favoritism, how much Blizzard are Horde biased, how much Blizzard hates the Alliance" etc. Why so? I don't really understand.

15+ Year Old Account
    The fanbase is not, just a tiny loud minority.

Because Horde is OP and it needs a nerf.
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    We have had multiple threads of white people complaining that black people were offended over some racist thing some white person said.
    Here we have a thread of white people offended over something some racist black person said.
    The key difference is that the white people in this thread aren't being told "shut up stop being offended get over it."

Because it's the pansie faction. People who don't know lore and and play alliance revolve every complaint on what they see on forum posts instead of looking into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    The fanbase is not, just a tiny loud minority.
    This. The internet makes it so easy for complainers to complain, and because it's the internet; everyone sees it and thus they think that's the people's voice.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dashflash890 View Post
    Because the Horde is family.

10+ Year Old Account
    If the Alliance got maybe just one thing gameplay-wise over the Horde than I could see your point. I'm still waiting for that day to come.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Because some alliance players have a victim complex.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ACES View Post
    If the Alliance got maybe just one thing gameplay-wise over the Horde than I could see your point. I'm still waiting for that day to come.
    Gameplay wise? What sort of advantage do they have in gameplay?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Darius Crowley View Post
    I mean ever since Cataclysm beta (4 years ago) every single time the Alliance loses something and/or the Horde wins something
    Exactly because of that. Because since Cataclysm the Alliance lost a lot. I guess the idea was to have the Alliance lose a lot to Garrosh until they could fight back and defeat Garrosh. Which we did, but a lot of people felt the Alliance story in general was very unengaging, sometimes outright weird (robocat) and the way the Alliance acted especially after the Siege didn't make sense.

All in all the Alliance questing experience just wasn't compelling to a lot of people. A lot of losing, a lot of humans as the main focus (Varian, Jaina, Anduin), not enough diversity, races like the Night Elves and the Draenei barely got any story development, and when they got it, they do it in a way I sometimes wish they'd rather leave them alone.

In the end I don't feel it's bias as much as they don't really know what to do with the Alliance.

Deleted
    Because until the Alliance players get to personally kill every Horde faction leader they will always complain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Neat... A new Alliance bashing thread... I haven't seen one of these in a few minutes...

You all seem to be having soooo much fun with this that I just have to give it a try...

Rabble-rabble-rabble! Alliance sucks! They are nothing but a bunch of entitled, whiny, cry-baby losers. They should just delete that stupid faction and then we'd have a great community. If it weren't for the Alliance entitlement, whining, crying, and generally being a butt-hurt loser wouldn't exist. Long live Corpsegrinder! For the Horde! Rabble-rabble-rabble!

That good for you? Can we be done faction bashing yet?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dashflash890 View Post
    We just got one, it's called "everything that happened in MoP". All Horde races have suffered extremely large casualties, especially Tauren and Trolls, and even Orc numbers are not looking too good after SoO. This is the first time that there's ever been a non-Orc Warchief, and there are probably a fair number of Orcs who reject that idea and still embrace Garrosh's ideology. The Horde is at the lowest point we've ever seen it.

But wait, people will still find something to complain about. "SoO is an Orc-themed raid, Blizzard favors Horde!". Let's raid Stormwind next then, shall we?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ACES View Post
    Alliance had a mount advantage in Vanilla - Winterspring Frostsaber.

Alliance have had the most viable PvP racial ability for numerous expansions.

Alliance players should try to be more like Varian, Danath, Turalyon, or Khadgar - be vengeful stalwart bastions of humanity instead of whining babies.

Alliance heroes are super fucking badass too - their player base just doesn't emulate them at all.
    Last edited by jackofwind; 2014-07-28 at 11:01 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is the Alliance fanbase so upset with Blizzard? I mean ever since Cataclysm beta (4 years ago) every single time the Alliance loses something and/or the Horde wins something people start making tons and tons and tons of complaints about "Horde favoritism, how much Blizzard are Horde biased, how much Blizzard hates the Alliance" etc. Why so? I don't really understand.
    Because this isn't actually a thing. Stop trying to make this a thing. The fanboys for both sides are just very loud, that's all.

Go to BlizzCon in Ally colors or with Ally gear, watch yourself get assaulted and abused (and that's just from Blizz employee's) then tell me there's no Horde favoritism

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fang7986 View Post
    Go to BlizzCon in Ally colors or with Ally gear, watch yourself get assaulted and abused (and that's just from Blizz employee's) then tell me there's no Horde favoritism
    Only bitches go to BlizzCon in the first place, regardless of faction.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Denkou View Post
    Let's raid Stormwind next then, shall we?
    Can we please? That would be fantastic. We've spent a year killing our own faction leader. I'm tired of seeing alliance players complain.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fang7986 View Post
    Assaulted and abused? And from Blizzard employees? When did that happen?

The Alliance keep losing important historical lore sites to the Horde. I.E Southshore, Hillsbrad Fields, Silverwing Outpost, Andorhal, Gilneas, etc.
    While the Horde at worst lose small camps or reclaim whatever they lost next patch. (Orgrimmar)

Futhermore, if the Alliance reclaims their land, it's not shown ingame. (Gilneas and most of Ashenvale)

I think its because post-WotLk, the lore seems be written heavily favoring a Horde perspective.

Alliance players had to help Thrall and Vol'jin in Cataclysm, not their own heroes. And then again in Mists of Pandaria, they were forced to do the same. Hell there was an entire patch about Vol'jin's rebellion and nothing about the Alliance. I think a lot Alliance players are weary of Warlords of Draenor because its heavy Orc theme promises more of the same. Look at the questline involving Garrosh, Alliance players are forced yet again to help Thrall.

And this is coming from someone who players Horde 75% of the time in WoW.