Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    real pvp in this game is 3v3... its been said numerous times.

Now if you mean real player vs player... go play chess.

Watch streams and find teammates that don't drive you insane and just start practicing.
    Technically real PvP is wPvP, while arena and BGs are side gimmicks, but I digress.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Technically real PvP is wPvP, while arena and BGs are side gimmicks, but I digress.
    Not entirely. Real PVP can't occur when a party is considerably weaker than the other or engaged with other things, like in wpvp. It's pvp but not real pvp.

A duel between equally geared and ready opponents is real pvp.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardball View Post

I'm sure I'm going to be get bullrushed by arena heroes now.
    You just wait till me rdudu comes, prepare to get forum rekt

Quote Originally Posted by Hardball View Post
    Not entirely. Real PVP can't occur when a party is considerably weaker than the other or engaged with other things, like in wpvp. It's pvp but not real pvp.

A duel between equally geared and ready opponents is real pvp.
    It's as real as any other. It may be fairer, but if you're bundling fair in with real, counter-comps have made rated pvp "not real" for some people for quite a few seasons (remember when bestial wrath got nerfed because a double BM comp shit all over RMP on some tournament?).

PvP is what it is. It's always unfair to some extent. The other guys have better pings, better machines, your partner lost one finger in the war, whatever. I do, however, dislike the trend towards the "all things being equal" sort of pvp, as I find that readiness/preparation (not the class abilities should not be seen as a slight on the game - the obvious example here being consumables, which for some reason became this huge no-no in pvp. Oh noes, he used a non-class ability, the world is surely coming to an end. It's no longer "he came prepared", now it's "he's cheating", and I find that to be a shitty direction for the game.

I recall this 1v1 with a rogue on timeless isle (caveat: PTR, top gear, shitty players) where I'd killed him a couple of times already and so I went and made myself available for his opener by sitting somewhere. He opened and before I died I used a broken talisman and clicked the island's food items. The guy threw this massive fit, as though he was entitled to win or some shit. This being the direction "real" pvp has taken the game in, I'm quite unfond of it.

and sorry for derrailing the thread. @op, watch snutz' stream on twitch, I guess

WPVP is the closest to "real" battle as you can get. How many wars are fought with all things equal? Arena is as far away from realistic battle as you can get, but it is the most "competitive" assuming you are in the correct comp. I view arena as little more than a cross between chess and rock-paper-scissors, with fantasy combat visuals thrown over it.

@Mellun: Thanks! I've started watching some streamers vods. So far so good.
    @Naztrak: Who cares about grammer thanks for the input
    @Hardball: Lol if the game wasnt teambased maybe it would be 1v1. But not all of us play monks.
    @pfbe: Fair enough. I dont think its cheating to use a consumable in world pvp but I would consider it "dishonorable" (wrong/silly) to use them in a dual. On a level like using doomguard or army while dualing.
    @Frogguh: I miss the wpvp of wintergrasp. Im hoping what they bring to WOD will be a good WPvP zone.
    Last edited by forsworn; 2014-08-05 at 05:14 PM.

how to get into REAL pvp? Wait until they add corpse looting. get rid of this current carebear garbage where u have nothing to lose if u die.

imo playing with a healer you simply MUST be talking to each other. Reasons been is because you need to know when to save your healer when they are fucked. Healers have a few 'oh shit' buttons at their disposal and if under pressure from the opposing team can utilize these, those times when you drop a CD to save your healer at the same time they drop a CD is a waste and can cost the game.

Talking prevents this. "hey bro you good?", "yep im good"

MLS, LSD, LSD 2.0 and Lock/shaman/Monk (not sure if it has a name already) are all pretty good. I always had much more trouble against LSD/LSD 2.0 than the others (playing as kitty cleave).
    I am not sure how precise it is but this site: http://fotm.info/us/3v3?filter=Warlo...ll&filter=null has some info about the popularity of the comps.

1. read arenajunkies
    2. see the state of high rated pvp
    3. cry
    4. pve

there is no more real pvp currently on WoW... if u want to play real pvp dont do arenas, just take a healer with you and go world pvp.
    Arenas aren't funny at all if u don't know how to play well

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Indifferency Hop View Post
    there is no more real pvp currently on WoW... if u want to play real pvp dont do arenas, just take a healer with you and go world pvp.
    Arenas aren't funny at all if u don't know how to play well
    ^ type of pu55y that that bigs up wpvp ..while dragging around a pocket and dodging even numbers, lol .

OT - http://www.twitch.tv/ will help more than the forums.

have fun!
    Last edited by Lulbalance; 2014-08-08 at 04:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    there's a reason you don't get titles from world pvp aside from bloody coins and hk's.

ITT: Bunch of people butthurt about what "real pvp" is for some reason.

OT: zoth00 probably gave you the best response your gonna get.
    Hi Sephurik

Get outside your house, punch someone randomly in a face, and that's how my friend you get yourself into REAL PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Stefanus View Post
    Get outside your house, punch someone randomly in a face, and that's how my friend you get yourself into REAL PvP
    No, that's how you get owned by guards.
    Last edited by Keyboard Champion; 2014-08-10 at 08:07 PM.