Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Free loot? Damn, I'm only there on friday x) Hopefully they will share some loot all event long

Those hoping for a release date, remember that they have to announce it at least 2 month before it (due to distributors and stores needing a heads up iirc). So if they announce it 16th of August, they won't release it until 16th of October the earliest.

For example: they announced Mists of Pandaria's release date on 25th of July, so the earliest they could've released it was 25th of September (which was the actual release date).

Edit: I'm not saying it's impossible that they'll give us a date, just that September is (almost) out of the question already.

Quote Originally Posted by Azgraal View Post
    Facebook tied in game to manage your garrison on the go as a premium service.

I kid, I kid.

Probably the cinematic or a teaser to it, a release date, or some raid teaser... *shrug*
    Ok, not fan of the facebook idea, but if they would integrate it in the wow armory app, that would actually be neat.

I'm Thinking possible release date, cinematic and also storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowyFanatic View Post
    That Twist of Fate change - I can almost hear the screams of all the morons who said "but blizz wants it to work that way, it's not an exploit/gimmick, it's a niche style" lmao. No, it was not designed with that in mind. It was designed to give Spriests the highest "execute" range in the game (20% is lower than some, but SW double tap plus more orb gen... which has it's serious problems (which are being resolved FINALLY), helped make up for it. Glad to see the deaths of the "niche" play styles and a more core focus on mechanics and interacting with the game. "Niche-ing" doesn't make you pro bro, it just makes the class poorly designed (like the fact we've been encouraged to clip Mind Flay for years, rather than channel it to completion (putting a damage buff on it for completing the cast would have worked come to think of it...) has been a huge pebble in my shoe. All praise be to the Corporate powers that exorcised GC.
    Crit by wall of text and paranthetical loops. There was good stuff inside, but damn son.... Fix the return key on your keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by dercaderca View Post
    Thank god it's going back the way it used to be. It should've never been usable while feared to begin with.

They're putting a tiny bit of skill back into the game.
    To be honest: yes and no.

Yes in the way that the current tremor totem is a rather easy "get out of jail free card". Especially with the upcoming reduction in CC, I could see how they want to tackle Tremor.

However, there are some issues:
    1) Tremor would need a significant duration increase if it's not going to be usable while crowd controlled. Without duration increase the totem (which only lasts 6 seconds) would be practically worthless. The old duration used to be 2 minutes (and even changed up to 5 minutes in WotLK)

2) Tremor totem without the instant dispel used to be a major source of headaches, because of the totem "pulse" mechanics. Back in the days tremor totem would only pulse once every 4 seconds (later decreased to 3 seconds) meaning you would often still be eating the majority of the CC because of this. In fact I remember some pvp scenarios where the warlock would fear a shaman, and then have enough time in between pulses to 1 shot the totem leading to a full CC train.

Frankly though; I don't see how this is useful when the totem is only up for 6 seconds. Especially combined with the fact that even with it down you might still be feared/charmed/sleeped for a long while as the totem works in pulses. Hell, if you're unlucky enough you might have the totem down exactly when you need it but get screwed by timing and the totem just fades without helping. I see a lot of incoming frustration, just like with the old Tremor.

This won't work unless the compensate in some way.a

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by coldrain View Post
    I love seeing someone tell the devs how fucked up killing machine procs are for 2h frost DKs
    Only currently due to scaling, just as Celestalon said.
    IMO he's largely on the ball with the things he mentioned in these posts.

KM can be made good again for 2H Oblit, as long as you get the numbers right. Pooling KM for a few seconds wouldn't be harmful as long as the damage gain is big enough to offset the chance of wasting procs.
    Similarly for DW Obliterate can be made worthwhile again by tweaking Rime.

People keep shouting that all the issues with Frost are mechanical flaws, when they're in fact mostly scaling issues. Most of these mechanics worked fine up until 5.3-5.4, purely because mastery scaling made frost strike and HB do so much damage.

Deleted
    It always makes me smile when english-speaking nations call Köln, - Cologne. Why Cologne? It always reminds me of Eau de Cologne.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jyggen View Post
    Those hoping for a release date, remember that they have to announce it at least 2 month before it (due to distributors and stores needing a heads up iirc). So if they announce it 16th of August, they won't release it until 16th of October the earliest.

For example: they announced Mists of Pandaria's release date on 25th of July, so the earliest they could've released it was 25th of September (which was the actual release date).

Edit: I'm not saying it's impossible that they'll give us a date, just that September is (almost) out of the question already.
    It would make no sense if you can claim your Horde chopper (available at WoD launch, not pre-patch!) until Sept 30, 2014 and WoD is released later. It seems much more likely that there is a 1-week goodwill period included, which would put the WoD release on Sept 23, 2014 (a Tuesday btw). Also, the official WoD Brady Games guides is released on Sept 23, 2014 as well (see Amazon).

Quote Originally Posted by Hollowlithic View Post
    Probably the same way all other classes have to deal with fear? Is your helmet on too tight?
    Like Berserker Rage still works whilst under the effect of fear? Is your helmet on too tight?

I guess its save to say they will release the WoD cinematic at gamescon. Wouldn't get to hype for it.

I guess people who can't play during the weekends can go get f**ked again RE valorous buff.
    Retarded that I pay the same as everyone else get because I don't play at weekends I get shafted. Really annoying.

10+ Year Old Account
    The best thing about this buff is that once you cap on one toon, you can cap other toons in about an hour. Or if you have an alt with 12k coins ... ding ding.

But I totally agree with the folks asking for the weekly capped to be removed or increased. That would be pretty cool to farm up 3 or 4k VP in a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Sixpac View Post
    It would make no sense if you can claim your Horde chopper (available at WoD launch, not pre-patch!) until Sept 30, 2014 and WoD is released later. It seems much more likely that there is a 1-week goodwill period included, which would put the WoD release on Sept 23, 2014 (a Tuesday btw). Also, the official WoD Brady Games guides is released on Sept 23, 2014 as well (see Amazon).
    Nothing is free, the chopper is obviously a way for them to get people to subscribe again. People will already come back for WoD, no need to tempt them with a free mount. Why Sept 30? Because that's the last day of the 4th quarter in a fiscal year, so likely an attempt to boost the subscriber count for this quarter. Sure, a dirty trick, but surely effective to have better numbers at the next earnings call.

As I previously said, they're more or less required to give distributors and stores a two months heads up. September is really out of the question.

Deleted
    Have you ever considered instead of tweaking individual abilities to give everyone a "tuning" passive ability?
    Yeah, we have that under the hood for emergencies (see Brewmasters on live). Results in a more cohesive game if we don't tho
    Wasn't that exactly what Mastery was supposed to be when introduced? It is a singular value that modifies a bunch of spells and they can easily tweak the dps output of a class by adjusting the scaling slightly.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowyFanatic View Post
    That Twist of Fate change - I can almost hear the screams of all the morons who said "but blizz wants it to work that way, it's not an exploit/gimmick, it's a niche style" lmao. No, it was not designed with that in mind. It was designed to give Spriests the highest "execute" range in the game (20% is lower than some, but SW double tap plus more orb gen... which has it's serious problems (which are being resolved FINALLY), helped make up for it. Glad to see the deaths of the "niche" play styles and a more core focus on mechanics and interacting with the game. "Niche-ing" doesn't make you pro bro, it just makes the class poorly designed (like the fact we've been encouraged to clip Mind Flay for years, rather than channel it to completion (putting a damage buff on it for completing the cast would have worked come to think of it...) has been a huge pebble in my shoe. All praise be to the Corporate powers that exorcised GC.
    There really wasn't a point to change that anymore.. it was good game mechanic to cast my penance on a low target instead of the boss to proc twist of fate.. now it's really only for healing targets, which sucks. With the removal of the damage component from T90 talents, it was already going to be more complicated to keep it up.

It's another major disc nerf, they already put that on same tier as Spirit Shell, so there is no way in hell Twist of Fate will be used by disc priest now, unless there is a gimmick mechanic in the fight.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Deleted
    lol at Blizzards HUGE work forward this upcomming game cenvention Gamescom.
    they made a Official blizzard site WITH a schedule AND a live stream... i mean have they EVER made such a huge work for a game comvension becides BlizzCon?

Even look at the 18.00 at Tuesday... "Join us for entertainment, insight and free loot… and an exclusive Warlords of Draenor special event!"

Smells like a WoD Release date!

10+ Year Old Account
    There is nothing wrong with the rate of Valor gain already... In just a few hours yesterday I nearly capped it. The problem is I am playing on a new server for WoD and trying to do the Black Prince quests again, so I have to wait 4 weeks to get 3k valor.

Quote Originally Posted by dercaderca View Post
    Thank god it's going back the way it used to be. It should've never been usable while feared to begin with.

They're putting a tiny bit of skill back into the game.
    But they're dumbing down all the skills?

Quote Originally Posted by Sixpac View Post
    why do people still try to cling straws that are proofen to not hold *no offense meant*
    the 2 months for distributors is not a can be its a must be, they don't give them 2 months they won't carry the game ....
    and not even blizzard can release an expansion without the distribuors

if they would announce the release today the earliest day would be 30th of september, if they announce it at gamescon 25th of october, but tbh they still have Wod in alpha from all the information and not in beta, i don't believe any estimate before at least middle - end of november more likely closer to christmas.

LoL @ people expecting a September or even October release!!! Lol

Every damn patch note I've read about WoD tells me the game's mechanics are becoming incredibly boring.

Oh well, WoW is dead for me, let's move on to CS:GO peeps !