Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes I wonder why people still defend Razer... Then I look at their builds and see several Razer items and just assume they're trying to rationalize the purchases by convincing the vast majority of the people that it's quality gear.

Deleted
    I don't necessarily think it's about Razer only, people are usually quite passionate about defending their purchases and like to recommend them to others with this reasoning - "I own one myself, has had no issues, therefore it's good"

I think some peoples standards are quite low, "not having an issue with it" doesn't necessarily mean it's great just that is hasn't broken down or caused discomfort. We need more "I like X item because... x, y, z". Working and being good is not the same thing.
    Last edited by mmocca5d152c38; 2014-07-31 at 03:43 PM.

ive had my naga for close to 4 years now, and my family used it and treated it like crap for 2 years, but it still works like a charm.

I dont get why everyones Razers mouses break, I've had my Naga for as long as I can remember. (Think its about 3-4 years). And I've used it for everyday when playing WoW, and used it for a long time to FPS gaming aswell. It have recieved its fair share of punishment when I've died etc, but never been broken. To put in a vision of how used it is; the buttons on the side is rather.. torn down, the "dot" on the 5 is gone.

Now it's living an easy life, and have been for the last year and a half, after I got an ROCCAT Kone for any game that isnt WoW, but its still going strong in raids, and have never failed me. Perhaps I was just lucky with this one Razer buy, I realy dislike other Razer products though, the keyboards and headsets are just too flashy..
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Deleted
    It's obviously this bad boy, been rocking him for nigh on 4 years solid.

My friend got an epic naga, but he broke it almost straight away (Within 2 weeks), so...

Razer naga 2014 edition, been working it for 6 months now, and i dont see myself going back to anything with less buttons/different layout.

I've had a Naga for a lot of years and it's still working flawlessly. IMO the new Naga is the best "MMO" mouse out there.

Any mouse that fits your hand and feels natural is your best bet.
    I use a Steelseries sensei, works fine.
    I still bind on my keyboard, mousebinds are weird and clunky.
    i7-6700k @ 4.4ghz \ EVGA GTX 1080 FTW \ MSI z170a Carbon \ corsair hx 850 mod \ 16gb savage 2666 \ 4tb raid 1 wd black \ 256gb 600p m.2pcie
    HakudoshiFarsaj

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    I think I'd recommend against getting an MMO based mouse, the amount of buttons on it doesn't justify how they feel since they seem to force a claw grip. That said I'd have to recommend the G600 if you did have to buy one since the Naga is far from Razer's best mouse (I think the deathadder is their only great mouse).
    Yay deathadder!! I'm 4-5 years into my deathadder and only recently started having scroll wheel issues. I will probably replace it with the newer edition deathadder when I get frustrated enough to actually go to the store and buy one.

I've tried the naga and the hex. Both were too small and the side buttons were more cumbersome than beneficial.

Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    Anecdotal evidence unfortunately, the Naga and various other mice/products from Razer are just known to have issues, their QA has not been very good. Good for you though that you're happy with yours
    How is it that they're known to have issues? Lots of complaint posts about it? Yeah, that's empirical. I've been using an Orochi for over two years without a single problem. There's nothing wrong with Razer quality.

i can't get used to anything but the steelseries warcraft mice

Quote Originally Posted by Nonslid View Post
    I dont get why everyones Razers mouses break.
    Probably because they beat the crap out of them. Don't expect to get honesty here. It's the internet....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampz View Post
    Any mouse that fits your hand and feels natural is your best bet.
    I use a Steelseries sensei, works fine.
    I still bind on my keyboard, mousebinds are weird and clunky.
    I've had two nagas now, and never put anything important on 10-12, and 7-9 for buffs that I usually just click anyways. It can be clunky, that's for sure.

Razer obviously has quality issues sometimes. No most people who break them don't go wild smashing them but double click issues seem to be extremely prevalent compared to the other mice that most of the same people try. Obviously they aren't quite as durable and/or maybe even have bad batches manufactured and nobody catches it. Lets not pretend that you have to throw it or do something insane for wear and tear over months/years to cause problems even if the defect was too small to catch or that every single naga has durability issues.

I bought my first naga back in 2010. It lasted for about 2.5 years. My second has been working solidly for 2 years now.
    Once you get used to the feel of the mouse, there is simply nothing better for MMO gaming. And if you are truly committed to playing MMO's you should be able to accustom to a new mouse fairly easily.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've owned the orignal Naga, use the Naga Molten for my laptop and the 2014 Epic for my desktop. My original Naga still works as well as the day I bought it 4 years ago, it's now my backup piece. Only Razer product I ever had an issue with was the Lycosa keyboard(random keys would stop working requiring a reboot). Upgraded from that to the Anansi, which I loved(and still keep as a backup) and I am now using the Black Widow ultimate(newest iteration) which I absolutely LOVE. Also rockin' the Kraken 7.1 headset, which IMO is one of the best headsets out there for the money(only $100USD).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    I don't necessarily think it's about Razer only, people are usually quite passionate about defending their purchases and like to recommend them to others with this reasoning - "I own one myself, has had no issues, therefore it's good"

I think some peoples standards are quite low, "not having an issue with it" doesn't necessarily mean it's great just that is hasn't broken down or caused discomfort. We need more "I like X item because... x, y, z". Working and being good is not the same thing.
    i think most of it is investment based, a standard gaming grade mouse is usually around $100, for most people that is a lot to spend on a mouse, so there is a bit of psychology there, people spend more and therefore convince themselves it is a better product than it is.

premium price should mean premium product, but the reality is that companies take advantage of this and simply price things high so there is a perception of quality ie Beats, Bose, Rolex (i don't count apple in this, macbooks really are well built and everything else apple sells is not over priced)

Quote Originally Posted by Saxtorph View Post
    How is it that they're known to have issues? Lots of complaint posts about it? Yeah, that's empirical. I've been using an Orochi for over two years without a single problem. There's nothing wrong with Razer quality.
    you count an auto shutoff after 3 seconds of no activity and horrendous lag a non issue?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ironik View Post
    I've owned the orignal Naga, use the Naga Molten for my laptop and the 2014 Epic for my desktop. My original Naga still works as well as the day I bought it 4 years ago, it's now my backup piece. Only Razer product I ever had an issue with was the Lycosa keyboard(random keys would stop working requiring a reboot). Upgraded from that to the Anansi, which I loved(and still keep as a backup) and I am now using the Black Widow ultimate(newest iteration) which I absolutely LOVE. Also rockin' the Kraken 7.1 headset, which IMO is one of the best headsets out there for the money(only $100USD).
    What a waste of money and time.

The Lycosa is well known for it's key issues.

And had you done some (any) research (at all) you'd find out that the BlackWidow, and Razer Keyboards in general, get away with being so cheap by using non-Cherry MX switches. Yeah-- you're not using a Cherry MX board. The switches in there are called Kailh switches, and are generally regarded as an inferior rip off from the normal switches.

Also rockin' the Kraken 7.1 headset, which IMO is one of the best headsets out there for the money(only $100USD).
    ;_; You're making audiophiles everywhere cry. This is honestly an embarrassing statement.

A list of Headphones that are better* that are the same price (or a fraction of the price, really):

Audio Technica M50

Sennheiser HD 558

VSonic VSD3S uIEM (Lol, this is $50. They're the best IEM's I've ever owned for under $200. I've owned a lot of audio equipment.)

AKG 240 MK II

*Better meaning a wider sound stage, better frequency response across the board, and better build quality.

This entire thread should be stickied as a testament to how little people know about interfacing with computers. When you buy Razer branded items, you're paying more for the logo and the flashy lights than quality. From things like native acceleration and angle snapping, poor customer support, awful QA (I just looked through my Naga picture again. There's 3 cold joint solders on there. It was going to break anyway.) and very poor driver support (At one point, you had to be online for the Razer drivers to work...)

It's very clear you guys have no method of comparison for/against your Razer products. As a result, this makes you feel qualified to tell us what is/isn't a good mouse.

Again, it's very common on computer forums to have people that defend Razer, like I said earlier. The fact of the matter is that Razer, like all other gaming companies, gets away with using non-enthusiast parts and markets their product at an enthusiast price.
    Last edited by Fuzzykins; 2014-07-31 at 11:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    of course this is subjective, i don't have nearly enough data to make an accurate fail rate
    You nailed exactly what I am saying right there. I've purchased 5-6(?) Apple products all have completely failed or do not fuction as they should but does that mean Apple is a shit company? Its subjective

Quote Originally Posted by M0cha View Post
    Sometimes I wonder why people still defend Razer... Then I look at their builds and see several Razer items and just assume they're trying to rationalize the purchases by convincing the vast majority of the people that it's quality gear.
    If you are referring to me. Not defending. I want to see the fail rate. Pure numbers. No where in my post did I claim razer is quality gear. In fact 100% sure if we ever got any real numbers it would prove razer is crap. I tell people all the time to avoid razer keyboards like the plague (I own a ducky for a reason) and buying other razer gear has its risk.

I'm glad you take "that guy on the internet said it" as scientific proof but I dont.
    | Intel i5-4670k | Asus Z87-Pro | Xigmatek Dark Knight | Kingston HyperX Fury White 16GB | Sapphire R9 270x | Crucial MX300 750GB | WD 500GB Black | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Haf-X | Corsair AX1200 | Dell 2412m | Ducky Shine 3 | Logitech G13 | Sennheiser HD598 | Mionix Naos 8200 |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TaintedOne View Post
    You nailed exactly what I am saying right there. I've purchased 5-6(?) Apple products all have completely failed or do not fuction as they should but does that mean Apple is a shit company? Its subjective

If you are referring to me. Not defending. I want to see the fail rate. Pure numbers. No where in my post did I claim razer is quality gear. In fact 100% sure if we ever got any real numbers it would prove razer is crap. I tell people all the time to avoid razer keyboards like the plague (I own a ducky for a reason) and buying other razer gear has its risk.

I'm glad you take "that guy on the internet said it" as scientific proof but I dont.
    Because companies readily release the failure rate on their equipment. If you can find me the failure rate for SteelSeries or Logitech or Zowie or Mionix or... well you get the idea.