Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by rhode312 View Post
    so wait alliance can get their mount whenever they want with gold but horde have to claim theirs by sept 30th or get nothing?

why didnt they just put it on a vendor for horde? :S
    They'll do the same, 100%

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    It was so obvious they'd release the Alliance one too (albeit not in the same way as the Horde one). Did anyone really think Blizzard would give an awesome Mount to only one faction and not the other? That'd be a terrible PR decision, and we know Blizzard is a lot smarter than that.

Ye.. Lets make one faction pay gold for it... that will make them happy....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    This whole everyone wins a trophy thing that's happening in our society is sickening.
    Except that you wouldn't pay for a trophy.

Hordes getting their mount for free is a trophy for winning the contest. Alliance having to pay for their mount is not really a "trophy".

10+ Year Old Account
    Im ok with it being sold for gold. Im just a little confused, this may be a little poorly worded, is it free when the horde chopper becomes available or is it going to cost gold?
    Last edited by Nuvuk; 2014-08-02 at 01:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure someone will complain about this.

I'm sure.

That is an ugly model. Wow.

Also, there's no way they were going to put it in the cash shop. The amount of QQ over that would have been worse than the loss of Karabor/Bladespire.
    (plus it's a completely cheap looking mount, not worthy of the cash shop)

Deleted
    Is blizzard capable to learn at the end?

First step to solve the PR desaster.

Deleted
    what a surprise, no one saw that comming

I am just wondering: The Horde one is for free for a limited time and will not be available after that time runs out... Will the Alliance one be sold for a limited time?

What's a hefty sum of gold?

150k?

This would always be in game, the only question was Vendor or cash shop, horde won a free mount and alliance get theirs for a "hefty" sum, that's a good competition as the winner gets it free and easily while alliance get theirs through harder means as blizzard would never let any 1 faction have more mounts that the other.

They did not cave because people "cried, whined" or whatever buzz word you horde fanboys use it was always gonna be in game.

Quote Originally Posted by josykay View Post
    I am just wondering: The Horde on is for free for a limited time and will not be available after that time runs out... Will the Alliance one be sold for a limited time?
    we dont know yeh but aftere sept 30 im guessing they will both be on sale for gold at proberly the same price

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Confirmation that if you cry hard enough, Blizzard caves. There you go, now commence the "it costs too much" arguments.
    Honestly I'd question if you thought it wasn't going to be added from the start...
    Although I'm glad with this, means you'll see less Alliance choppers around than the Horde ones :P

Quote Originally Posted by josykay View Post
    I am just wondering: The Horde on is for free for a limited time and will not be available after that time runs out... Will the Alliance one be sold for a limited time?
    Probably the Horde one will be sold in game too or something if you don't log on during the free period.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khraine View Post
    So what was the point of the competition again? oh right the community totally ignored it and acted pretty entitled.
    to simplify it, back in the days, the alliance got a HUGE beating. so most of the bigger guilds decided, if you can't beat em (played on eredar, pvp server) - join em.
    and of cors those now voted to get bikes for their actual chars :P

anyway. the voting still makes sense, make the allies pay!

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Makes the whole competition and their shitty show all the more pointless in the end.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, so long as it's not too expensive, I'm satisfied. Levels out the potential mount imbalance nicely and at least gives Alliance players the option to buy it if they want it.

Horde will bitch soon enough also, it is free if you log in before end of September. Those waiting till WoD drops to resub will be shit out of luck for getting it for free...

Quote Originally Posted by retw View Post
    Except that you wouldn't pay for a trophy.

Hordes getting their mount for free is a trophy for winning the contest. Alliance having to pay for their mount is not really a "trophy".
    No, the winner was supposed to get the bike in game and the loser wasn't. When a generation of sissies whined and cried like the little babies they are they got their everyone wins trophy added into the game. I've heard of kids leagues that do that, if my child was in one of those I'd take them out. It's pathetic.