Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What were you doing in 5.4?

As a person who has quit WoW after Throne of Thunder and played other games for a year, I am liking the new content and most of the direction the game is taking and also the amount of things you can do when you log in right now.

Though I see a lot of threads popping up about people complaining that there isn't much to do in the game right now. Usually that hasn't been a big problem for me as I like to PVP with my characters in WoW after im done with the PVE stuff that I need to do in a week; but I really need to know:

What were you doing in WoW during Siege of Orgrimmar? What content was there that kept you busy all the time that is lacking right now?
    Last edited by Rorschachs; 2014-12-22 at 05:29 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorschachs View Post
    [...] I like to PVP with my characters in WoW after im done with the PVE stuff [...]
    This is mostly what I did; once I was finished with raiding I turned to PvP'ing (mostly RBGs)
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.

I ran SoO LFR and ToT on my alts. Its really not fair to compare 5.4 with 6.0. In 5.4 you could have several alts progressing through the legendary questline, doing many LFRs, killing 5 world bosses (6 if you had cloak for Ordos) or just leveling alts and handing them i496 stuff when they hit 90.

At 6.0 we are simply in too early a stage to compare. We have 6 LFR bosses only. 1 world boss per week (2 total). The legendary questline is still short enough that any alt you have at 100 can get to the 125 stones section fairly quickly.

Personally in 5.4 I was leveling all my 80-85 alts to 90, doing LFR SoO for transmog stuff, and raising old world reputations.

Right now I am doing doing a daily dungeon heroic for a shot at i636, the weekly LFRs, and a world boss. I am i639 on my "main" but with work schedule haven't gotten to do a normal raid yet. I want to try one this reset. All of them posted now have killed Kargath already and I sort of want to start off with a fresh run and shot at Kargath loot ( I hear he is easiest of all the bosses ) than enter a pug on a tougher boss with low-to-nil chances of any loot at all.

I was busy in 5.4 up until the last minute, literally.

I joined a new guild and we used the little time left to build a team and kill heroic Garrosh (ended up being on 10 man).

We killed him on the eve of 6.0, after a 5 hour raid, 3 minutes before servers shut down for the patch!

I doubt anyone else had a more epic use of the full time in (mostly) relevant SoO

That being said, I'm old and can't take that kind of stress, so if I have maybe 10 minutes of boredom at the end of this tier or expansion, you won't hear me complaining!

Deleted
    As a person who has quit WoW after Throne of Thunder and played other games for a year, I am liking the new content and most of the direction the game is taking and also the amount of things you can do when you log in right now.

Though I see a lot of threads popping up about people complaining that there isn't much to do in the game right now. Usually that hasn't been a big problem for me as I like to PVP with my characters in WoW after im done with the PVE stuff that I need to do in a week; but I really need to know:

What were you doing in WoW during Siege of Orgrimmar? What content was there that kept you busy all the time that is lacking right now?
    5.4 is not a good example to point to. Why are you even comparing it to 5.4? Why not compare it to 5.0?

I quit twice during 5.4. When I stopped having time to hang out with people or certain ones quit for a while, I just moved on to another hobby until the itch came back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    5.4 is not a good example to point to. Why are you even comparing it to 5.4? Why not compare it to 5.0?
    Because they're very similar. Draenor is just a big timeless isle and Highmaul is it's SoO.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

I spent most of it unsubbed. Fact is that when discussing relevant content, 5.4's only two differences were that SoO is a larger raid than HM, and that TI was in place.

- - - Updated - - -

It's compared to 5.4 because that lasted an entire year. WoD isn't even 2 months old yet.

Deleted
    Stayed subbed whole patch, I was leveling my alts, running shit for transmog gear, just fooling around. I did not pvp/pet battled, i did run SoO only via LFR, 3 full clear with only one character. ATM i have leveled only my main and i'm logging in only for work orders and follower missions...

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Worked a lot, went crazy places in the jeep, taught my kid to ride a bike. Because logging in to the same shit every day gets old.
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    I quit twice during 5.4. When I stopped having time to hang out with people or certain ones quit for a while, I just moved on to another hobby until the itch came back.

Because they're very similar. Draenor is just a big timeless isle and Highmaul is it's SoO.
    Or Draenor is just Pandaria and Highmaul is Mogu'shan.

5.4 was the last major patch that people played for a year and considering the game is evolving in time I think it's wiser to compare a new expansion to the latest patch of the previous expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ran SOO to the point I had the character lines memorized.

10+ Year Old Account
    Killed a billion and two yakmen for the Timeless isle mount, ran SoO till I had (then) normal mode gear in each slot, did all gold challenge modes, and then stopped playing.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    5.4 was the last major patch that people played for a year and considering the game is evolving in time I think it's wiser to compare a new expansion to the latest patch of the previous expansion.
    Exactly, it was a patch. This is not a patch however. It's the launch of an entirely new expansion. Compare it to the launch of the last expansion.

I was bascily just prepping for WoD for half a year, played beta a lot(to see what classes to go for in WoD) and farmed gold on retail

I Made so much gold in 5.4 that I was almost 660 Ilvl Before Highmaul came out in WoD
    With this I also managed to get into a great guild like I wanted
    So Everything Went as planned for me tbh

The point is there is far less level 100 content to do now than there was level 90 content to do in 5.4. There were 4 full patches adding 90 content.

Unless you mean that the new content in 5.4 doesn't hold a candle to the new candle in 6.0. . . which, is disingenuous at best. You are then comparing only a very small selection of available max-level content introduced in a patch to the new content put into a premium $49.99 new client for the game. Nobody ever says a new FPS/RPG is good because "there is so much more content than the 2 new maps/zones and 1 new weapon they gave us in that last update to the prior game!!"

Same thing I am doing now, Log in to do daily(garrison) Log off and wait for raid days.

I hate players that suck at WoW, But I also hate wanna be elitist who barely down normal raid and said that the game is too easy...... yea show me you mythic achivement before you say its too easy otherwise move along scum, because I heard wildstar need you.

Leveling...? Farming stuff....? I think? I can't remember.

Deleted
    unsubbed waiting for 6.0 lel

7+ Year Old Account
    I took two very lengthy breaks in 5.3/5.4. And during the time I was playing I was really just levelling alts.