Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

Why Warlords of Draenor will be the best Expansion since Wrath

Warlods of Draenor is without a doubt the least hyped expansion. There are no new classes or races. The Garrison has been a lackluster experience, there was the whole Ashran-as-your-factions-home city disappointment. Even early beta testers have been slightly underwhelmed. I am currently in the beta and while there are some issues, there is a huge diamond buried in here, and with some more polish, I think this will be the best expansion since Wrath. In fact, I know it will.

I took a tour of the world. You see, I was worried. I was worried because some of the early screens shots of the trees and flora reminded me of MoP. I was worried that this would not FEEL like Draenor. Boy was I wrong. I traveled through Talador into the rolling green hills and open spaces of Nagrand and yes, although different, it felt like an earlier version of Outland.

Frostfire Gorge is a massive, frozen wasteland. I was so surprised to see that mobs were so spread out here, and the area was so open. I hope that doesn’t change. Giant spiked mountains and looking at the neighboring brownish Gorgrond, it is easy to see how Blades Edge Mountains in Outland was formed. I assume that western left half of Frostridge was blown out into space and the eastern half was violently thrown against the western half of Gorgrond. My mind bought it all. It feels like another planet. I think this is a big deal.

Early intro and garrison questing is definitely the dreaded Dave Kosak questing on rails machine we have become accustomed to in Cata but after that the game opens up. I mean it really opens up. I am sitting here with my Orc Warrior, in the middle of a wide open snowy space as open as the Barrens in all directions, with some nice ambient music, with quests in all four corners of the map, and some objectives on the map and I am not forced to go anywhere. This is gaming bliss for me. It is freedom.

Garrisons have massive potential, and I feel that they are limitless with what can be later added to them. I like them so far. I am having fun, which is the whole point.

My issues with Cata was that so much time was spent on revamping the old zones only turning them into the worst case of questing on rails I have ever seen in an MMO. God forbid you strayed off the beaten path; you literally could not even accept a quest unless you found and talked to the “bread crumb” quest giver. The old music was redone (I have no idea why) and in a brutal twist of irony the expansion designed specifically to attract new players actually led to a decrease in players.

My issues with Mists was that the Asian influence in its music and art was so cliché and heavy handed you get the feeling Blizzard was literally hitting you over the head with it.

Warlords of Draenor feels like Blizzard is intentionally pulling back a bit. Like an aged veteran athlete who knows that his prime is past him, and he has to pick and choose when to step on the gas, but still feels like he has two championships left in him (Warlords of Draenor, and please send us to Argus).

What you have to understand is that Blizzard has never settled. Whether for right or wrong they still take their chances and don’t rest on their laurels. Think about how many times they have changed whole core systems like the talent trees, removing core stats, and now pruning the abilities. While I am sure they are aware of the whole Star Wars Galaxy fiasco, they do not let other bad past examples influence them.

I do not agree with their stance on mob tagging. I think it should be removed in favor of a Guild Wars 2 style system along with herb and mine nodes too. I also do not agree with Ashran being the home cities with the gorgeous artwork of Karabor and Bladespire, sites that are just begging to be home cities.

But with this, I still feel Blizzard likes being the underdog right now, and I feel that this expansion when all is said and done, will be widely viewed as a brilliant one.
    Last edited by donjn; 2014-07-30 at 06:45 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sorry, as a player that prefers dungeons over most other content, it's still not good enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    love the enthusiasm!
    Why isn't Harrison Jones in BFA?
    I mean, Blizzard, srously? We ought to see the old chap in Vol'Dun!
    I think he is a bit afraid of snakes! (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Deleted
    Well... Warlords of Draenor will be the best Expansion for ME or Cata.. My favorite is Cata atm, but I allready love WoD..

When I say Cata is my favorite, then I mean the raids and dungens and zones.. I don`t really care much about the water.. lol

I so far have loved the beta, when you ignore the glitches, unfinished stuff that makes up a beta. The zones are all different and unique. The garrison/outpost choices really effect the game play. Animations are looking good even if they are incomplete ATM. As for the above persons statement, its a MMORPG, dungeons are not the main of the x-pac, its the quests and stories. Dungeons and raids are just extra. I know there will be those that disagree and they're definitely allowed to do so, but plain and simple, it is at its core a MMORPG which is questing and role-playing. I don't know if it'll be the best expansion ever but it'll be the best since Wrath for sure.

It will be no better or worse than MoP or Cata. Overall, it will be more of the same with new character models.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gsara View Post
    It will be no better or worse than MoP or Cata.
    Bullshit. Go get informed.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

10+ Year Old Account
    2 features is already making it the best expansion ever.

1. Darker Nights
    2. New Models.

Idc about rest xP

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gsara View Post
    It will be no better or worse than MoP or Cata. Overall, it will be more of the same with new character models.
    We will see about that lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Quote Originally Posted by donjn View Post
    Warlords of Draenor feels like Blizzard is intentionally pulling back a bit.
    Oh, in this regard you're actually correct, they clearly are.

While it's nice that you're so thrilled to pay more for less and have your toon stand around waiting for blizz to exercise the "potential" you feel, the rest of us think this expansion sucks. Mostly because it IS lackluster. Fools with an attitude like yours that "lackluster is great! ...cuz, hey it might get better, right?" are just the same suckers that thought we would be playing WoD in a production environment today because blizzard certainly had the "potential" do deliver content faster and "promised" that they would. What you got in that regard is exactly what WoD is going to keep delivering. Disappointment.
    Last edited by thelightthatstrays; 2014-07-30 at 06:59 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral Transmigration's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quakefan View Post
    Well... Warlords of Draenor will be the best Expansion for ME or Cata.. My favorite is Cata atm, but I allready love WoD..

When I say Cata is my favorite, then I mean the raids and dungens and zones.. I don`t really care much about the water.. lol
    T11, Uldum, and Transmog are enough to make me love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Spott View Post
    love the enthusiasm!
    Rofl @ sarcasm.

I actually enjoy the enthusiasm a lot more than the dogmatic people infesting the forums now.

It is going to be terrible. It is already TERRIBLE. There are almost no new features to bring players back. All you get is a new continent and Identical Garrisons. I hope millions more subs fall so Blizzard can learn from their mistakes. But they never will. You can tell they pulled this expansion straight out of their ass just like MoP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zervek View Post
    It is going to be terrible. It is already TERRIBLE. There are almost no new features to bring players back. All you get is a new continent and Identical Garrisons. I hope millions more subs fall so Blizzard can learn from their mistakes. But they never will. You can tell they pulled this expansion straight out of their ass just like MoP.
    What an informed response.

I look forward to WoD. I can't wait to get lootbags in pvp, I can't wait for skirmishes, and challenging 5 man content... *drools* I hope they will be giving us extra dungeons in later patches, of course. I'm really impressed with the beta, kudos Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by ApeDosMil View Post
    What an informed response.

I look forward to WoD. I can't wait to get lootbags in pvp, I can't wait for skirmishes, and challenging 5 man content... *drools* I hope they will be giving us extra dungeons in later patches, of course. I'm really impressed with the beta, kudos Blizzard.
    I have been playing the Beta. There isn't even much that is new. Kill X collect Y. The gameplay is even SLOWER than it is in live! All this so they can cater to the players who can't even do a three button rotation without thinking it is too complex. Blizzard doesn't even listen to much of the feedback and by the time they do, it will be FAR too late. No wonder why 5 MILLION already left. Hopefully 3 million more leave this next quarter.

10+ Year Old Account
    This post is fucking AIDS. You are either trolling or you're utterly clueless. Seriously. Quit the game please because you'd be doing the community an enormous favor.

So anyways, before I read that laughable post, I was going to say yes...this is indeed most likely going to be the best expansion since WoTLK. It has the most changes, the most drastic changes and the best changes I've ever seen come out of a single patch or expansion. It's amazing how much work they've put in so far and how many things, from tiny to huge they've "fixed". They've been listening to the community and they're finally coming out with something that I think will not only breathe new life into the game, but will change it for the better long term in a big way. Anyone who's a veteran player that doesn't love to hate the company knows this. Almost 8 years of playing and I have to say, this is the most excited I've been in a very long time and I feel that IF and only IF they really nail ability pruning, class balance and quality of content, this expansion will be a game changer. No sense in even talking about it. Let the noobcakes quit and let it speak for itself when it goes live.

Keep it civil please.
    Last edited by Zaelsino; 2014-07-30 at 10:33 PM.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

Deleted
    Zervek is just a typical WoW hater :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I have been playing the Beta. There isn't even much that is new. Kill X collect Y. The gameplay is even SLOWER than it is in live! All this so they can cater to the players who can't even do a three button rotation without thinking it is too complex. Blizzard doesn't even listen to much of the feedback and by the time they do, it will be FAR too late. No wonder why 5 MILLION already left. Hopefully 3 million more leave this next quarter.
    Lolol it's so obvious that you're someone that hates just to hate. You actually hope that people quit just because you don't enjoy the game anymore and you'll go so far as to spread misinformation just to try and make it happen. The expansion brings what the game's needed for years. I can't even list the sheer amount of good shit they're implementing anymore, it's too much. And it's over 7 million players.

Wrath had more than 8 heroic dungeons at launch. Hell, Wrath had more normal dungeons and didn't rehash ANY during its lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    Right, they should just like, go back to attunements for raids and heroic dungeons and have it so only people who play 20 hours a day with a guild can see anything past dungeon content (and watch the subs fall to under 1 million).
    You must work for the current development team if the only thing you can think of is to bring back some mistake. Also, your comment is a completely irrelevant response.

Also, yeah, skirmishes are going to be so much more super awesome, I'm so sure. I mean removing them was a non-event but putting them back? OMGersh!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeno View Post
    Wrath had more than 8 heroic dungeons at launch. Hell, Wrath had more normal dungeons and didn't rehash ANY during its lifetime.
    Why are people so obsessed with comparing numbers like this? Quality>quantity. Wrath also didn't have anywhere near as many features or big changes implemented as WoD will.