Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    One reason douche bags continue to be douche bags is because people allow them to behave that way.
    And one reason people allow others the basic liberty of having their own thoughts and feelings is because they're not self-important, arrogant pricks. Ever heard the phrase "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"?

Quote Originally Posted by Simulatio View Post
    But this isn't just fans threatening to no longer watch the videos. A lot of it comes from a group that isn't even consuming the media in question in the first place. When the tumblr crowd gets involved, the actual source is irrelevant. They make posts saying "report this video because it's offensive, but don't watch it because it has triggering content", and spam the comments to prevent any actual discussion taking place.

That's not fans giving honest feedback in open discourse, that's just internet thugs using strength in numbers to harass someone they don't like.
    Sauce? You seem to be projecting your own biases onto critics you disagree with.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    Sauce? You seem to be projecting your own biases onto critics you disagree with.
    Sorry, Zython. I'd love to engage in this discussion with you, but I seem to be under the impression that you don't care. Gonna need some clarification on that point before I waste my time.

Sorry, Zython. I'd love to engage in this discussion with you, but I seem to be under the impression that you don't care. Gonna need some clarification on that point before I waste my time.
    Ah, you're right. My mistake. Enjoy your moral crusade against a website.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Tumblrists gonna Tumble.

Someone got there shit seriously triggered.
    Oh I am taking this as a sig quote

7+ Year Old Account
    People can change, some people don't realize they are in the wrong until it is pointed out to them.

I for one am willing to help make a difference, I will not stand idly by while people are being blatantly offensive in public.
    People only change if they realize what they did is a mistake. You can tell so many people they made a mistake, but unless they see it as one, they won't change.

Don't tell them that the language is offensive. Just ignore them. Eventually, they'll get the message and ask what is wrong, and then you can help them out.

Want an example? I was a heavy narcissist, and that contributed heavily to my lack of friends. It's only after I realized this that I took the steps to correct it, and now I have more friends than I did before. Had someone told me that I was a narcissist during my "phase," I wouldn't have believed them. Same logic applies for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Tumblrists gonna Tumble.

Someone got there shit seriously triggered.
    this is a quote for the ages.

Deleted
    And one reason people allow others the basic liberty of having their own thoughts and feelings is because they're not self-important, arrogant pricks. Ever heard the phrase "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"?
    Ah Voltaire, yeah the SWJ people don't think so, they have already decided what they think is right and anyone disagreeing should be silenced.

- - - Updated - - -

"I hate niggers"

"Hey, please don't use that word"

"Sorry I forgot you were a nigger"
    No, its more like i call thing A stupid and you said, "hey im a stupid person, and i take offence at that".

Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    No, its more like i call thing A stupid and you said, "hey im a stupid person, and i take offence at that".
    Considering I've actually been infracted for calling people in the anti-PC crowd "stupid"...

Deleted
    moral of story - don't be a jack ass

Jontron is amazing.
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You die.
    You are dead.

Deleted
    TBF the whole drama couldv'e been avoided by common sense

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I want to make a video and just say all the things that offend people like "Dear Tumblr, you're all retarded Jews. I liked Hitler. Now for a joke: women's rights." The shitstorm would be visible from space. I personally feel those people need to shut the fuck up and work on something more productive but I guess all they're good for is raging about mean words in regards to well known minorities in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    TBF the whole drama couldv'e been avoided by common sense
    That describes pretty much every "I'm offended!" incident ever.

I'm more upset that there is such a thing as "E-Celebrities" than anything else in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Baladash View Post
    I'm more upset that there is such a thing as "E-Celebrities" than anything else in this thread.
    What about celebrities in general? Are they aboveboard?

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    The political correctness crowd are the whiniest collective of humans in history. There is no way to please them once they get started, so he might as well have left it at his second tweet and stopped trying to defend himself. Anyone who gets offended at the use of a derogatory word being applied to an inanimate object is pretty hopeless. His last statement about people needing to grow thicker skin and get over it is quite true, as is the fact that nobody gives a crap if they are offended in the first place.
    i agree it is not like he was bashing someone with down syndrome or other mental illness.Although was kind of a douche bag move to come back with "I'm sorry I forgot you were retarded, my bad" when all the person said was "please don't say "retarted" Jon, it's pretty rude. Thanks." it was just handled wrong.He could have explained that it had nothing to do with someone with a mental illness or birth defect.All in all its a retarded situation :P

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    He doesn't have any sponsors. I believe except Audible.com, which he had just begun advertising on his videos. The only thing that isn't himself he is attached to is the Youtube Network "Polaris." And I sincerely doubt they would get involved in something like this. They mainly deal with legal proceedings. I know this because my tiny channel is actually under their subsidiary network, RPM. They don't involve themselves in anything except legal stuff.

I'm with you, who the fuck cares. I'm a fat guy, I've been mocked for it before, but I don't go around on the internet demanding people never bring it up. I'm also gay, and I have no problem with people using the word "faggot" or saying "That's so gay." In the end, who the hell cares. You are going to accomplish absolutely nothing by making a stink every time someone says something like this ON THE INTERNET. Except to get worked up over something you can't really change in any meaningful way.
    Actually you bring up a great point of how human speech evolves every X amount of years. Terms like "That's so gay" or "Fag" or even "retarded" are starting to move beyond their original meaning. My point, there are so many American Teenagers and young adults that will say something is "so gay" or someone is "so gay" not referring to them as homosexuals, but either referring to them as awkward/weird, or that the situation or person is over sensitive. Even "retarded" is now being referenced as a term for something or someone who doesn't make any sense. This is just the evolution of speech. Certain "N" words which my origin is Spanish for a certain color, had evolved to a cultural identification term, to a derogatory term, and now is being referenced as slang for meaning friend.

The problem now is that we live in a society where everyone wants to shout to the rooftops saying look at me look at me, I was offended, and start to blow things way out of proportion, so they can have there 30 minutes of sympathetic fame. The good news is that logic dictates that this fad of offensive whistle blowing will end. What will take its place is the next mystery.

If this post offended anyone...well just do what everyone else does...:P

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    In my opinion, he should have ignored the first comment.

It all depends on the audience he wants. When I watch South Park, I know that I will hear at least one or more (probably much more) things that I personally find offensive, but I tend to laugh it off. One, it's a cartoon that is famous for saying and doing outrages things. And two, I know that the creators of the Cartoon do not actually believe most of the stuff their characters say. The people that took South Park seriously stopped watching it a long time ago.

The creators of the show never apologized for any of the racist/homophobic/sexist, etc, etc, stuff they have on the show.

People need to understand context of content, and the person/people delivering it.
    THe writers of South Park are also fuckign smart so wouldn't have much difficulty defending their positions if called upon Much like Monty Python were before them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    LOL, those people sure are retarded.
    I see what you did there!