Thread: Cata > MoP

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    negative - i loved cata - but I started in wrath

I would say that MoP > Cata

i thoroughly enjoied it -

I recently got a heroic WF staff - which i have never done before so such a feat makes MoP shine miles ahead of cata -

but that just goes to show that it is all about perspective - and whether something is better or not is rather subjective
    “What was God doing before the divine creation? Was he preparing
    hell for people who asked such questions?” - Stephen Hawking

10+ Year Old Account
    I liked Vanilla but BC was better. My favorite part was when I was in Eversong Woods and I killed a dragonhawk, was truly the best thing.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    While I too consider Cata probably the weakest expansion WoW has had thus far, I don't feel it was necessarily *all* bad. I actually felt it started pretty strong - fun and challenging heroics like Grim Batol and the beauty that was Vortex Pinnacle (easy dungeon, but beautiful to look at). The opening raids were also pretty good, with interesting mechanics albeit a few hit-or-miss bosses. The two things that tend to draw the most fire for Cata are LFR and Dragon Soul, LFR is entirely subjective and divisive within the community and Dragon Soul just went on far too long for its size and relative lack of complexity.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Was waiting for somebody to make this post when I saw the drop in subs

Just looking at numbers says very little about content quality. MoP was waaay better than Cata (for me). Raiding content was superb.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    • Pandas x10
    Were in Warcraft before MoP
    Scenarios
    Fast dungeons? I see no issues with that
    Deepwind Gorge
    I don't pvp so
    Monks
    What's wrong with monks?
    The changes to the warrior class from Cataclysm
    Elaborate?
    Obscene daily grinds
    Um.......that's always been in WoW
    About 80% of the armor sets
    They are ugly you get this one
    All of the raids except ToT
    I didn't like ToT either, SoO isn't horrible so I will give you 50%
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

• Pandas x10
    Amazingly enough, pandas were introduced back in Vanilla. Patch 1.11.1 to be exact. In MoP, we got introduced to the Pandaren. Big difference there. Only children call the Pandaren 'pandas'.

• Scenarios
    One of the best things added to WoW. Fast'n'easy way to get Valor points. Doubly true if you do heroic scenarios.

• Monks
    A great class. I love that one. It's my new main since MoP day 1.

• Obscene daily grinds
    Cataclysm also had obscene daily grinds. Even worse with Firelands as we had daily grinds locked behind daily grinds.

• About 80% of the armor sets
    I think Cata's armor sets are much more worse-looking than MoP's.

• All of the raids except ToT
    I loved all of MoP's raids. The only raids of Cata I liked was... actually, I didn't really enjoy any of the Cata raids, honestly.

In short: I think the Mists of Pandaria expansion was far, far superior to the Cataclysm expansion.
    Last edited by Ielenia; 2014-08-06 at 04:49 PM.

As bad as MoP might be, it can never be worse than Cata. I do like the playable worgen and goblin way more then pandaren though, they should've been just NPC's.

Subscriber numbers increased by 900k prior to MoP's launch. You should have at least waited until WoD's launch before throwing the subscriber count around as a judge of which expansion was better. Or else remove MoP's initial subscriber gain such that Cataclysm lost 2.9m subscribers.

And then take into account every other factor that effects subscription numbers.

Comparing patch to patch

4.0 -(dec 2010) 1-60 update, two new player races, 7 new dungeons, 2 heroic remake dungeons, 4 new raids, Reforging, archaeology, flying in azeroth, guild leveling
    5.0 - (sept 2012)Panda class, 6 new dungeons, 2 heroic remake dungeons, 3 new raids, 5-6 ? scenarios, world raid bosses, cross realm zones, pet battles, challenge modes, aoe loot, account wide achievements

4.1 - (april 2011)ZA and ZG heroics, revamped dungeon finder, guild challenges
    5.1 - (nov 2012)new daily zone, legendary quest(gem), brawlers guilds, 4-5? new scenarios

4.2 - (june 2011)Firelands, Dragonwrath legendary questline, molten front daily quest hub, dungeon journal
    5.2 - (march 2013)Throne of Thunder, continued legendary quest line(meta gem), new world bosses, daily quest hub, lfr wipe buff

4.3 - (nov 2011)Dragon Soul, lengendary rogue questline, 3 new dungeons, raid finder released, transmog released, void storage, darkmoon faire
    5.3 - (may 2013)new bg, new arena, 4 new scenarios, heroic scenarios added, continued legendary quest line(epic cloak), updates to brawlers guild, barrens world event

5.4 - (sept 2013)Siege of Orgrimmar, timeless isle, final legendary quest line, flex raid, proving grounds.

Been almost a year since 5.4...

For me those mop release raids were not enough to keep my attention till throne of thunder and even that raid was lackluster, very much over hyped to be Ulduar like. Which you can see that Subs dropped from 10M to 8.3M during that time frame. Raids were just flat out better in cata especially T11. If blizzard had actually done abyssal maw, can't imagine how much better cata would be over mop.

Oh look, another poster who thinks sub numbers = how good an expansion is.

I preferred cata myself but this is a terrible way to back it up. If you could go back in time and release MoP at the time of Cata and vice versa so the playerbase is less bored of the game? Fair comparison.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Guyver View Post
    Raids were just flat out better in cata especially T11. If blizzard had actually done abyssal maw, can't imagine how much better cata would be over mop.
    For me they were just flat, I downed them all sure, but they were just "meh" especially Dragon Soul, that was pure rubbish, now don't get me wrong pretty much every raid right up til SoO this expansion has been flat for me and SoO is wearing thing due to it being out for like a year.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

10+ Year Old Account
    nah brah, Pandaria >Cata

yeah, it's pretty bad when even cataclysm was better. MoP was one of the worst experiences i've ever had. had fun with timeless isle for a couple days but it got really old really fast. hated MoP from the moment i tried it in beta.
    Last edited by derpkitteh; 2014-08-06 at 08:33 PM.

MoP is hands down the worst xpac in WoW. Numbers don't lie, whether you want to believe it or not.

Cata wasn't much better than MoP but it was still better.

I have friends who played WoW die hard vanilla to Cata and once we hit max lvl in MoP we all quit because of how terrible it was. The PvP was a mess all xpac the PvE wasn't interesting outside SoO and everyone i know is sick of that place.

The plot for MoP was so terrible. Thing get mad things turn evil oh that's so interesting. I feel like i played a really shitty version of the movie princess mononoke.

It's a real shame because I WAS hence WAS a huge fan of panderan before they made them out to be retarded in MoP.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Prancing Minstrel View Post
    I preferred cata myself but this is a terrible way to back it up. If you could go back in time and release MoP at the time of Cata and vice versa so the playerbase is less bored of the game? Fair comparison.
    They're bored because MoP is well boring. We have no content for almost a year on a bad xpac to begin with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lazzy View Post
    MoP is hands down the worst xpac in WoW. Numbers don't lie, whether you want to believe it or not.

Cata wasn't much better than MoP but it was still better.

I have friends who played WoW die hard vanilla to Cata and once we hit max lvl in MoP we all quit because of how terrible it was. The PvP was a mess all xpac the PvE wasn't interesting outside SoO and everyone i know is sick of that place.

The plot for MoP was so terrible. Thing get mad things turn evil oh that's so interesting. I feel like i played a really shitty version of the movie princess mononoke.

It's a real shame because I WAS hence WAS a huge fan of panderan before they made them out to be retarded in MoP.

- - - Updated - - -

They're bored because MoP is well boring. We have no content for almost a year on a bad xpac to begin with.
    I still put Cata as worse simply due to the leveling zones, I couldn't and still can't stomach leveling in Cata areas, the only place I really dislike in MoP is dread wastes, I put the raiding on the same level as each had 1 decent raid and the rest were just flat.

cata WAS better. the only real flaw was DS being a bit lazy...then again, so is siege of orgrimmar. DS reused dragonblight assets, SoO reused orgrimmar assets.

in fact, if you ignore DS, cata was miles better than pandaland. better raids, more dungeons, better leveling zones, better leveling experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moradim View Post
    cata WAS better. the only real flaw was DS being a bit lazy...then again, so is siege of orgrimmar. DS reused dragonblight assets, SoO reused orgrimmar assets.

in fact, if you ignore DS, cata was miles better than pandaland. better raids, more dungeons, better leveling zones, better leveling experience.
    The leveling zones in Cata were horrible >.< and the dungeons for Cata sucked as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cata was a pile of crap in a lot of ways, but MoP was even worse. Didn't even think it was possible to have something worse than Cata.

10+ Year Old Account
    If anything it was the pandas that brought the kids.
    I disagree. It tends to be the seemingly mature stuff that many young kids go for in an attempt to be a "Grown up". The call of duty player base is an example of this.

Which means I'm guessing we'll see the younger crowd return once WoD comes out.
    Quote Originally Posted by r03dz View Post
    Garrosh eats buns and tea for breakfast.
    Quote Originally Posted by kjj92 View Post
    Last time Blizzard listened to some smart guy's random ideas, they ruined female worgen.
    *Sigh* Poor Worgen ladies.