Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    that kid should grow up and you sir i commend for your radical blind raiding skillz

Mmmmm.. guilty....mmmm no.

More like.. it's time to look for a better raid leader.

Can't expect someone to just do nothing, regardless of situation, and have no one complain about it. A good leader knows this could be a possibility and should not have invited you to get carried.

I myself have been carried (back in Heroic TotGC), in return, until I geared up, I ensured everyone was getting the correct buffs and that I took the least amount of damage possible so that I wouldn't burdened the healers. Totems in range and whatnot. In your case, every other class has almost every other buff, so I doubt your participation provided any help whatsoever.

Your toon was just sitting there. Doing nothing and still getting loot. Probably even distracting healers from healing others that actually needed it.

Sounds very unfair to others. Your raid leader should have known better. Then again, the guy that afk'd w.o saying anything is a moron, if he didn't agree with it in the first place, he shoulda voiced his concerned while the whole "oh, i can come over but can't do anything" conversation instead of qq'ing after the whole thing had happened.
    Last edited by wowaccounttom; 2014-08-07 at 11:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can somehow understand that other guy. He invested in that kill. He played his roles to kill the boss and thus he deserves his fair share of the loot. Maybe that player didn't know about your condition, nor your agreement with your Guildmaster. If someone gets his loot without doing anything, I'd get upset too.

With that said, I also understand your situation. It seems you have a very nice and understanding Guild, something that is very rare nowadays. Situations like that shows who the real bro is.

To translate to that other guy. In my opinion, it would be OK that you ran the Raid as a "Ghost player", but I think you shouldn't have rolled on any loot... Except no one else did want that item in question. As I understand your text, there was indeed some competition so in my eyes it would only be fair that those who really worked for that loot should be preferred. Since you didn't contribute anything to said kill (well as far as I understand it) it wouldn't be fair to roll with the same rights as the others.

In the end it comes to the Guild / Raid leader if he allows it or not, but as I said, I can understand that other guy.

First world guilt.

but seriously if they were 23 manning it and had 2 completely empty slots... why would this not be okay? Don't feel guilty or upset at all that other guy really doesn't like you.

Guy sounds like a total douche, nothing to feel bad about at all. Nice to see some cool guilds still rocking and bringing you along though.

Sounds like you did the guild a favor by exposing and then ridding them of an absolute tool.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KazTheCapper View Post
    Assuming someone else actually wanted the legs - he's in the right. Otherwise no, who cares?
    He coined the legs, so how exactly would someone else have wanted them?

No, you do not need to feel guilty. The other guy completely overreacted. He could have voiced his discontent in a way more mature way.
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2014-08-07 at 12:12 PM.

Deleted
    I should clarify the loot i got was off a bonus roll i already said that i wouldnt roll on any loot or anything coz i was literally just a ghost afk getting boosted the guilty of taking loot from others for doing nothing would be bit much. I was against the idea of going to raid at all but was the rest who said it was ok and would be funny at one point i was getting griped by priests as i could hear the sound but do nothing to stop it lol. Am a regular in the raid team and on differently loot tables to the other guy <me hunter him a clothy> he was jsut annoyed that i was there to have a chance at loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftbamboo View Post
    Hi
    Now I feel really bad as this is because of me being in a raid that i was taking no part in and reguardless of how the situation took place it was down to me so should i feel guility and try and resolve this by reaching out or let the officers do what they do and stay out.
    Did you roll and win any loot? While I think the other raider was being immature, I think it would only been fair if you passed on rolling unless no one else needed the item.

Deleted
    Nah the guy's a tool. If they were were 23-manning it anyway, then what difference does it make if you're there doing nothing? They're still 23-manning it and you get to bonus roll. I see no downsides to this.

Quote Originally Posted by kinneer View Post
    Did you roll and win any loot? While I think the other raider was being immature, I think it would only been fair if you passed on rolling unless no one else needed the item.
    The loot was from a token roll, which gives you non-tradeable BoP loot. He didn't take anything from the raid.

That guy was being a total douche and at least in my books such behavior warrants sanctions.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    In my opinion, it would be OK that you ran the Raid as a "Ghost player", but I think you shouldn't have rolled on any loot...
    He said he got them on a bonus roll, so i can't see a valid reason why that guy should have reacted like that. Unless.. envy maybe?

Not in a million years, OP.

Man, you've done heroic bosses blindfolded and I've not even done one yet. XD

The guild were aware of the situation and were cool with you going along, if anyone had an objection to it they should have said earlier on instead of AFKing in protest. That's an immature response. As a raid leader he should have known better.

I agree with the others who said that you should not at all feel guilty, it was the other guy who overreacted. However, the reason I'm posting here right now is because I am kind of... happy that such guilds exist. I have never really been in a guild as awesome as yours ( But I have heard many, many stories about such ). So yeah, just wanted to say "Cheers!" ^^ And I hope your vision is better now

You should feel no guilt. First noone had to bench because of you, bosses (fights) were not harder because of you. Second, loot distribution is not only a reward, its also a tool. You will be able to raid very soon and in that case your new gear can be the difference between a first kill and a 0.7% wipe.
    I am a caster dps and I had never problem if someone else got "MY trinket/weapon/etc" because I knew that it will drop soon again and we are getting closer to another boss which drops something nice for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, they threw a completely unjustified tantrum. Now if you'd been causing wipes and had won loot over other players...that would've been an entirely different matter.
    Last edited by TEHPALLYTANK; 2014-08-07 at 12:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Deleted
    The guild asked you to come, not the other way around.
    While you didn't help in this actual kill, you got loot with the coin you wouldn't have had otherwise. So you're now better geared and you will be able to help your guild better in upcoming bosses / kills.

Since there was empty spots, the actual kills were not harmed'. You got out of it as a player, more helpful to the guild in the future.
    What's to feel bad about? You're not responsible for someone else's actions.

edit: typo

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't feel guilty, no. Your guild asked you to go along, knowing you'd be virtually "afk" the entire time. You didn't take anyone's loot, it might as well have been as if you weren't even there.

Not sure why this other guy got so up in arms about it...but ultimatums rarely end well, and if he was willing to act like that and then give one, I'd guess he probably had other issues with the guild and this was his way of going out with a bang.

It's better that he's gone now, the same thing would have inevitably happened later down the line. It's not your fault, and you shouldn't feel guilty.