Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    [/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]Q: MM BiS list?

Helm: Tier
    Neck: Gleaming Eye of the Devilsaur (Thok)
    Shoulders: Tier
    Cloak: Legendary
    Chest: Ancient Archer's Chestguard (Spoils)
    Bracers: Dagryn's Fuselight Bracers (Galakras)
    Gloves: Tier
    Belt: Arrowflight Girdle (Spoils)
    Legs: Tier
    Boots: Minelayer's Padded Boots (Iron Juggernaut)
    Ring1: Ring of Restless Energy (Malkorok)
    Ring2: Swift Serpent Signet (Galakras)
    Trink1: Haromm's Talisman (Kor'kron Dark Shaman)
    Trink2: Assurance of Consequence (Sha of Pride)
    Weapon: Kor'kron Hand Cannon (Malkorok)

--
    [SIZE=3][FONT=comic sans ms][COLOR=#333333][SIZE=2][FONT=verdana]
    Hi Azortharion,

Great writeup, thanks for doing that. My hunter colleagues wonder why you pick that chest and that legs when your stat priorities suggest a similar setup like for the survival setup. That is, why tier legs and non-set chest instead of tier chest and non-set legs? They say you're sacrificing crit for mastery and they have unsuccessfully tried to reason it out with themselves for the past hour.

(yes, I am fed up of them discussing this in Teamspeak when they could just ask you :P)
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Current setup has:

19184 crit
    10671 mastery
    7734 haste (before squish)

= 14772 + 7897 + 4640 = 27309 points.

Alternative setup has:

19992 crit
    9705 mastery
    7710 haste

= 15394 + 7182 + 4624 = 27200 points.

Crit and Mastery are close enough in value to make the efficiency gain (drop X crit, get more mastery points altogether) worth it, in theory.

Mastery value drops a bit in practice, which puts the two options at pretty much the same.

The calculations are using stat values (normalized with agility as 1):

0.77 Crit
    0.74 Mastery
    0.6 Haste.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Minihunter View Post
    I looked at old enchants and it seems they all have a requirement of max 600 ilvl, so we can use them on current gear. In that case maybe we should get:

legs - Scorched Leg Armor - 28 attack power and 23 crit
    cloak - Greater Critical Strike - 13 crit or Greater Agility - 12 Agility
    bracers - Greater Assault - 14 attack power
    chest - Exceptional stats - 6 all stats
    gloves - Superior Agility - 15 agility or Precise Strikes - 15 crit

The difference isnt big though, not even sure if its worth unless we really want to max out stats (same with using cata flask/pot/food)

the only real upgrade is the scorched leg armor. The rest are pretty close, 14 ap is almost the same that 12 agi, on bracers, and 12 agi on cloak is slightly better than 13 crit. For gloves, agi is also better.

about stats weight/BiS

For some sets haste is slightly better than the 0.6 on the front page, for me for example, with barrage/stampede/Steady Focus and 584 (slightly lower haste than I should have) haste is better than mastery to a certain point which i'll need to find once patch hits

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Effin, how the f do I change my username on EJ? I have an old account from like 2008. Sheesh.
    I've never tried to do that. Sometimes the interface there can be a bit backward. Try contacting MysticalOS. He should be able to point you in the right direction.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutVodka View Post
    Dang so MM is the up and coming spec, guess I gotta wipe the dust off that spec and start learning its basics again. With my current setup (in my signature) am I optimal for MM? I have no other trinkets to replace TeD other than a Mythic Sigil of Rampage sitting in my bank.
    Sigil is far and away BiS trinket for > 1 target for MM. The cleave of Chimera Shots is OP as hell. Haromms is BiS in ST for MM by ~400 dps over Sigil. That's not the end of the world. You can see a complete gear breakdown (the range of each item I test and how many BiS profiles it fits into in a single target, three target, or six target scenario) on the corresponding EJ guide. Gear Breakdown is the second code segment of each scenario.

The whole point of the gear breakdown is for you to see how far off BiS your items are so you can plan your upgrades better.
    Last edited by Effinhunter; 2014-10-12 at 03:27 PM.

Deleted
    Hi everyone, I have some questions about optimization choices (maybe they'll be stupid as fuck)

-Why put critical gems and not mastery ones ?
    The last simcraft show mastery > crit, and you recommand opti crit, why ? I thought that, maybe, it was because of the difficulty of the movements on certain bosses, and thus you play safe by prioritizing the crit, or an other which has anything has to see with all this.. Is there a "cap" where crit is like veeeery good, more than mastery? Anyway,I am not sure to understand the whys and wherefores of all of that.

-Is the 4p bonus T16 always good as before ? "Aimed shot has a 10% increased critical strike chance" seems to be not so much interesting, I am wrong ?

Quote Originally Posted by CaktusK View Post
    Hi everyone, I have some questions about optimization choices (maybe they'll be stupid as fuck)

The last simcraft show mastery > crit, and you recommand opti crit, why ? I thought that, maybe, it was because of the difficulty of the movements on certain bosses, and thus you play safe by prioritizing the crit, or an other which has anything has to see with all this.. Is there a "cap" where crit is like veeeery good, more than mastery? Anyway,I am not sure to understand the whys and wherefores of all of that.

-Is the 4p bonus T16 always good as before ? "Aimed shot has a 10% increased critical strike chance" seems to be not so much interesting, I am wrong ?
    I can only assume this is based on misinterpreting Simcraft stat scaling results, which is common. Simcraft stat scaling presents information about incremental scaling decisions from the current gear set. It does not tell you the actual priority of stat stacking up to the point of the gear you are wearing in the sim. As such, it's almost completely useless. It was only useful in T16 because haste was so much more powerful than anything else for BM that at any point along the gear curve, haste was worth a lot.

The best way to look at your Simcraft results, when switching between gear, is to go to the Gear section and see what stats are actually on your gear for the profile you are analyzing. Stat weights we are presenting here are not stat scaling information from the current analyzed gear, which is flawed, but the actual gear stat priority to get you to the BiS profile. If you go to the Stats section of the Simcraft result, it will show you the relationship of secondaries.

As for the MM 4 piece, that is actually increasing the critical strike damage of Aimed Shot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CaktusK View Post

In what sims is mastery above crit? because in any well set sim crit is consistently above mastery (as MM, that's it). It could be the case in gearsets with very low mastery that it can have an edge, but on anything close to BiS and heavy haste/mastery gear, crit reigns

10+ Year Old Account
    So looking at the gemming update, you're saying 10 haste > 5 Agi for MM? Which is why you would take Crafty over Deadly. That feels weird to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Aven Blackery View Post
    So looking at the gemming update, you're saying 10 haste > 5 Agi for MM? Which is why you would take Crafty over Deadly. That feels weird to me.
    Agility was heavily nerfed, now only gives 1 AP per Agi point(instead of 2) and no longer gives crit.

Quote Originally Posted by Aven Blackery View Post
    The only reason hunters have been stacking agility in the past is because 1 point of agility gave 2 attack power and crit chance. Due to this it was worth more than 2 of any secondary stat. With the nerf to agility, it increases the importance of secondary stats which means stacking secondaries will be better than gemming agility, even in a mixed gem.

Hey, I'm from Ask Mr. Robot and saw us mentioned in this thread. We will be updated for Tuesday's patch!!! All of the basic features (optimizing, item lists, etc) will be implemented, along with Best in Bags. A first pass at new 6.0.2 stat weights will also be ready on launch (and as always, you can edit them if you want). A few of the 'extra' features might lag behind by a few days.

Also, since reforging is gone and hit caps are gone, some of the gear you have equipped might no longer be the best gear. Our "Best in Bags" feature is actually going to be really handy to find the best gear that you own right when 6.0.2 comes out. And because of that, we are making it free for everyone for a week (starting tuesday), so you can get your initial gear set figured out.
    Ask Mr. Robot Human Minion

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoopercat View Post
    Hey, I'm from Ask Mr. Robot and saw us mentioned in this thread. We will be updated for Tuesday's patch!!! All of the basic features (optimizing, item lists, etc) will be implemented, along with Best in Bags. A first pass at new 6.0.2 stat weights will also be ready on launch (and as always, you can edit them if you want). A few of the 'extra' features might lag behind by a few days.

Also, since reforging is gone and hit caps are gone, some of the gear you have equipped might no longer be the best gear. Our "Best in Bags" feature is actually going to be really handy to find the best gear that you own right when 6.0.2 comes out. And because of that, we are making it free for everyone for a week (starting tuesday), so you can get your initial gear set figured out.
    Great to know it will be updated thanks for the info.

It's Icy-Veins, what did you expect?

I really don't understand what is going on with Icy Viens. Oh jesus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't Rogerbrown handle the Icy Veins' hunter page? :S

Quote Originally Posted by Artemishowl View Post
    I really don't understand what is going on with Icy Viens. Oh jesus.
    It reads to me that they haven't actually updated the guides other than the title page.

Quote Originally Posted by CTwin View Post
    It reads to me that they haven't actually updated the guides other than the title page.
    Like, it's not just the hunter guides that are kind of weird, it's other guides getting weird stat priorities as well. Idunno!

Quote Originally Posted by Artemishowl View Post
    Like, it's not just the hunter guides that are kind of weird, it's other guides getting weird stat priorities as well. Idunno!
    This is why I never trust a site that provides guides for all specs. They can't possibly put enough attention into every spec to make their guides fully accurate and correct. Even if they do have an expert approve their information, it's just one guy. Better to trust mmo champ forums because there are multiple experts here and everything is peer reviewed.

Deleted
    The scary part is where it says "aproved by rogerbrown"

I tried to get on board with Icy-Veins to do the guide reviewing (and had a gigantic list of corrections to all the guides in 5.4.8) and everything was set.. Then I never heard from their guy again. I guess I wasn't good 'nuff. :c