Quote Originally Posted by deatzh View Post
    Archi - Cant comment because we arnt there yet, from my understanding could be important depending on how many doomfires you are getting
    Archimonde is a funny one, you will have to stop DPS so that boss hits 85.5% just after he starts casting first Shadowfel Burst. Sometimes we don't have to wait, sometimes we afk for 10+ seconds because Mages getting RNGesus luck and bursting +400k. Again point is still valid, DPS you do on pull doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Archimonde is a funny one, you will have to stop DPS so that boss hits 85.5% just after he starts casting first Shadowfel Burst. Sometimes we don't have to wait, sometimes we afk for 10+ seconds because Mages getting RNGesus luck and bursting +400k. Again point is still valid, DPS you do on pull doesn't matter.
    With one specific fight, yes waiting sucks and its going to suck more and more on that specific farm fight but saying dps is irrelevant on pull is one of the most ignorant blanket statements. Now saying using exploit methods in order to accomplish more dps on the pull is wrong should be more accurate but just like the stampede "trick" people will abuse it no matter what we put on here.

Quote Originally Posted by jpthepope View Post
    With one specific fight, yes waiting sucks and its going to suck more and more on that specific farm fight but saying dps is irrelevant on pull is one of the most ignorant blanket statements. Now saying using exploit methods in order to accomplish more dps on the pull is wrong should be more accurate but just like the stampede "trick" people will abuse it no matter what we put on here.
    Did you read my post..... Go read my post

Remember guys it's okay to exploit as long as you report it after you do it /s

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by deatzh View Post
    HFA- Who gives a fuck its hfa
    IR - if you kill it in 2min sure but this isnt realistic till late farm
    Korm - Runs away, could make a possible argument on some need of extra dps here to avoid shitty overlaps late in fight
    Council - Only thing that matters is sub 30% gurt burst so doesnt matter (kill times are irrelevant)
    Kilrogg - almost all dmg is done by people with buff which is 2 min into fight so doesnt matter
    Gorefiend - Boss dps doesn't matter outside of feast (even still doesnt matter) and no adds spawn till later
    Iskar - Resonance burn is only important part of this fight kill times are irelevant
    Soc - Could make an argument here if you are blowing up the add with ring and have trouble killing construct before 2nd add
    Zakuun - Maybe overall dps matters if you can avoid a seed, main dps burn is sub 30
    Velhari - If you need to push p1 faster sure, if you 4 heal (like most do) then shouldnt be an issue if you dont have downs
    Xhul - Doesnt matter, voidfiend dmg and imp dmg does neither up on pull
    Manno - LOOOOOL 20s till boss spawns I dont even touch the summoner
    Archi - Cant comment because we arnt there yet, from my understanding could be important depending on how many doomfires you are getting

tl:dr - There are ZERO enrages in this tier. Dmg is needed to kill adds and adds arnt spawned on pull so who cares about opener dps....
    Replying as a rank 200 - 300 guild raider here, where i think dps on pull is not irrelevant:
    (Since you are on a US server, you guys seem to prefer the US rank. That would be similar to US top 100.)

Bosses which skills are time dependent and not % dependent eg:
    Iron reaver, Kormrok
    Council: We did have problems with reaching first bladestorm before killing the fat guy.
    Zakuun: Reaching final phase without getting a second intermission was tight.
    Xhul: If you can skip one set of void fiends or imps, that decreases chance of wiping to those mechanics
    Velhari: Fine if you 4 heal it, we didnt. And dps on pull was very important back then.
    Last edited by mmoca7e4c7db89; 2015-10-08 at 09:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dossou View Post
    Remember guys it's okay to exploit as long as you report it after you do it /s
    http://i.imgur.com/YGJz1ri.png

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Can't say the garrison or shipyard was my cup of tea. Mount collecting, pet collecting, toy collecting... I'd rather analyze a raid encounter.
    It's more likely not to be reported by those using it, as they'll feel they're benefiting from it. I figured blizzard knew after the turnip.

Deleted
    Is it worth trying BM for progression on mythic Iskar?
    Was looking at some logs and saw a lot of them up in the top - or should I stick to what I know?

cheers

BM is pure padding.

Deleted
    ah makes sense now when you say it. padding isnt even in my vocabulary

Doing more DPS at pull is irrelevant because all bosses(apart from Iron Reaver) have that frenzy/execute phase where shit gets crazy. This gear switching is pure padding.
    Min maxers will man max their damage regardles. Its not padding at all. Welcome to World of Warcraft I assume you are new

Quote Originally Posted by Einsz View Post
    Min maxers will man max their damage regardles. Its not padding at all. Welcome to World of Warcraft I assume you are new
    It is padding to get extra damage through unconventional means. Just like AoEing when you are supposed to be single-targetting on Iskar, or placing Mirror on the adds instead of Boss in last air phase.

It is padding to get extra damage through unconventional means. Just like AoEing when you are supposed to be single-targetting on Iskar, or placing Mirror on the adds instead of Boss in last air phase.
    Ringing the adds in the final phase is actually a DPS increase on the boss assuming your raid is using the ring explosion on the boss and the ring is higher than a [insert math here] damage increase.

Thanks to Azor here's some quick math on the issue
    Last edited by Dossou; 2015-10-09 at 12:41 PM.

I think that's right, anyway. Except 188 is not exactly the double of 96, it's a bit less.

I dig how (explosion) becomes an emoji.

Where do you get double 40% modifiers? Ring only applies once.

That math is so flawed I don't know where to begin.

Math:

Few things to note though, as your guild gets more and more gear(especially the melee), the adds are not guaranteed to live the full ring duration(especially if they all tunnel the same mob). Same thing with being able to overlap the ring and mirror. Sometimes tanks move the adds, so it takes time to get a well positioned ring off, and by the time that happens, you might have lost a few seconds on ring already.

EDIT:also note, the last bird add spawns later than the other adds, thus if you want ring+mirror to line up, you might get a few angry whispers from the other DPS on your raid group after the kill.
    Last edited by Tehterokkar; 2015-10-09 at 02:30 PM.

100 damage unbuffed becomes 140 damage during the ring (assuming a 40% buff), the explosion would then be an additional 40% of 140 = 56.

56 + 140 = 196 = a 96% increase for the ring's duration, explosion accounted for.

EDIT: My b, I made some wrong assumptions with the piece of math 2 posts above. The above thing still applies, though, just not to the Mirror example.
    Last edited by Azortharion; 2015-10-09 at 02:22 PM.

You don't lose any dmg on any important target by gear switching pre-pull you gain some extra bonus damage at the start with it, just like with pre potting. Calling someone "padder" because of that is not in place but butthurt people will be butthurt. Just because you play half assed and dont min max doesn't mean you have to call someone padder because someone actually cares to min max. If you want to stay competitive and other people do so then you will be forced to do it aswell. Most of the end game players of each class seems to do some kind of trick to buff their burst during the opener during progression.

PS I bet you never pre potted and call people padders in your guild that do so, right?
    Last edited by Einsz; 2015-10-09 at 03:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Einsz View Post
    Most of the end game players of each class seems to do some kind of trick to buff their burst during the opener during progression.
    Really? Name 2 of each. Actually, that wouldn't mean "most", either.

Name a couple dozens of each?

Shadowpriest,mages, hunters pre proced trinkets with Fruitbasket
    Mages used Mirror Images pre pull (don't know how, but it was a dual spec thing i believe)
    Hunters used T17 pre combat thing until it got fixed (was fixed 1 day before we got archi kill)
    Int / Agi users toyed around with the PVP Trinket+Bandage Thing.
    Blood DK could get a controllable Pet from Arena skirmishes. (Don't know if this still works, i used it on Butcher for 3k extra DPS)
    DK pre AMS on anything or Pinchwhistle (fixed 2nd day of t18 progress)
    DK build Runic Power while reseting Boss.
    Shadow Priest Shadow Orbs
    Demo Lock Full Fury Pre Combat
    Demo Lock fuckloads of Imps with HoG Glyph (fixed 2 weeks ago)
    Rogue Combo Points from resetting Boss or Healing pre Combat (fixed in BRF afaik)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnogga View Post
    i want to watch it but it is private ;/

Quote Originally Posted by Nnogga View Post
    Shadowpriest,mages, hunters pre proced trinkets with Fruitbasket
    Mages used Mirror Images pre pull (don't know how, but it was a dual spec thing i believe)
    Hunters used T17 pre combat thing until it got fixed (was fixed 1 day before we got archi kill)
    Int / Agi users toyed around with the PVP Trinket+Bandage Thing.
    Blood DK could get a controllable Pet from Arena skirmishes. (Don't know if this still works, i used it on Butcher for 3k extra DPS)
    DK pre AMS on anything or Pinchwhistle (fixed 2nd day of t18 progress)
    DK build Runic Power while reseting Boss.
    Shadow Priest Shadow Orbs
    Demo Lock Full Fury Pre Combat
    Demo Lock fuckloads of Imps with HoG Glyph (fixed 2 weeks ago)
    Rogue Combo Points from resetting Boss or Healing pre Combat (fixed in BRF afaik)
    None of those are players.