Is the heirloom trinket infalible tracking charm, simmed considering you are dealing with demons or just its proc+ passive ?

Hi Azortharian,

Few questions:

MM 1) You have listed in your opener sequence to be casting marked shot right after sidewinders. Is there a reason behind this? This causes you to refresh the vulnerable debuff straight away which seems like a loss. In your ST priority listing, you say to marked shot only if you cannot fit in an aimed shot within vulnerable window so it seems contradicting. I am personally casting two aimed shots then market shot then aimed shot again after each sidewinder (if starting at full focus).

MM 2) Following on from the above, chaining vulnerable debuffs and sidewinders and prioritising barrage has led me to rarely use windburst if at all. Is this meant to be the case? I feel windburst to be very underwhelming and to be there as a filler when RNG goes very bad.

GENERAL) What are your opinions on the latest simc results that have MM/BM very far down the single target dps ladder and SV on top? I understand it may not be relevant in a raiding environment but do you agree with their priorities and overall rankings?

Quote Originally Posted by isei View Post
    Hi Azortharian,

Few questions:

MM 1) You have listed in your opener sequence to be casting marked shot right after sidewinders. Is there a reason behind this? This causes you to refresh the vulnerable debuff straight away which seems like a loss. In your ST priority listing, you say to marked shot only if you cannot fit in an aimed shot within vulnerable window so it seems contradicting. I am personally casting two aimed shots then market shot then aimed shot again after each sidewinder (if starting at full focus).

MM 2) Following on from the above, chaining vulnerable debuffs and sidewinders and prioritising barrage has led me to rarely use windburst if at all. Is this meant to be the case? I feel windburst to be very underwhelming and to be there as a filler when RNG goes very bad.

GENERAL) What are your opinions on the latest simc results that have MM/BM very far down the single target dps ladder and SV on top? I understand it may not be relevant in a raiding environment but do you agree with their priorities and overall rankings?
    1) Because during Trueshot your uptime of Vulnerable does not matter. You want to use Sidewinders as much as possible because it has reduced CD thanks to Trueshot haste.

2) Yes. Windburst is a shit Artifact ability.

3) The sims are fixed. You have 19 traits in the sims, when MM needs its 20th trait to get a sizeable DPS boost(~5%). Plus we have no idea of confirming if the sims are true until we get to raids. And in the end, the sims are single-target, which doesn't show MM's, or even BM's, true strengths(Kind of like laughing at Affliction Warlocks in WoD for doing crap AoE).

Six-Feather Fan is implemented in SimCraft and it's now in the guides, so are the Three-Toed Rabbit Foot trinkets and their different variations. Also expanded on Fury of the Eagle usage for survival.

I'm wondering if its worth refunding all my AP on my MM weapon because I went right instead of the recommended path as the guide says. Currently i have the bullseye golden trait and it cost 14k AP for the next upgrade/refund

can someone riddle me this, was doing heroics with another similarly ilvl'ed hunter, ~840, both BM. on a st fight, his Hati did 2.5M while mine did 1M, what can possibly be the reason? we both have MoB. i'm running more aoe-heavy with double relics with FS and he has double PL for 10% more KC. both of our overall KC damage was the same as well;\. send help

edit: also for talents he's running BF over my BS, but everything else the same
    Last edited by timoseewho; 2016-09-06 at 02:48 AM.
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

10+ Year Old Account
    Heya

Been following Azor's guide but I am a little stuck, do I cast Barrage on cooldown regardless of vulnerable debuff? Also I've been doing 2x Aimed Shots and then debuff is about to fall off so I use Marked shot and then repeat that basically or should I be going aimed shot > marked shot > aimed shot. Sometimes I run out of focus and I have to use Sidewinders when I shouldn't, any tips would be appreciated bros.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by timoseewho View Post
    can someone riddle me this, was doing heroics with another similarly ilvl'ed hunter, ~840, both BM. on a st fight, his Hati did 2.5M while mine did 1M, what can possibly be the reason? we both have MoB. i'm running more aoe-heavy with double relics with FS and he has double PL for 10% more KC. both of our overall KC damage was the same as well;\. send help

edit: also for talents he's running BF over my BS, but everything else the same
    There's a bug out there where you can have 2 hatis at the same time. Had it happen to me yesterday while doing mythics. How it happens exactly im not sure, so dont ask for tips on how to reproduce it. Just know that it exists, and it could be the explanation for what you saw.

Quote Originally Posted by Mew View Post
    There's a bug out there where you can have 2 hatis at the same time. Had it happen to me yesterday while doing mythics. How it happens exactly im not sure, so dont ask for tips on how to reproduce it. Just know that it exists, and it could be the explanation for what you saw.
    Found this on the WoW forums:

As a BM hunter, you're able to get two active Hati pets. I've successfully replicated this in Stormheim.

If you're able to get your pets to evade out, such as using the grappling hook in many of the locations of Stormheim, your pets will be stuck if there is no path back to you. Jumping down will many times cause Hati to appear next to you, but not your actual pet. If you dismiss your pet and call it back out, a second Hati appears. Both Hati's function like they should; it's not like one just stands there doing nothing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldare View Post
    Uh oh. Who's gonna tell blizz? Not me

Quote Originally Posted by Aldare View Post
    i kinda hope this was it, or i got outplayed;p
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

I've found that the extra Hati(s) will only melee attack and do not benefit from the first golden trait, nor does Mend Pet apply to it/them. Yes, multiple.. I've had 4 Hati's at one point.

Also, there seems to be a bug with tamed Thok (all devilsaurs?) whereby at times, calling him will cause him to be several hundred times bigger than he should be. He still acts in the normal way that a pet would with the same ranges for cleave et al, though I've found that Hati's model disappears when this happens even though she still does damage (I use the main pet lookalike thing to mimic appearance). Looks like this is client side, however, as some in the group don't see any size changes. Can't recall if this is an old bug--I know it was an issue with Dire Beast at one point!

Deleted
    Hi all, I came back to play after several years and I didn’t play hunter since vanilla.

I'm following the guide for BM but I can’t understand why this statement:
    “Cast Cobra Shot When you have over 90 Focus”

In fact, even shooting the cobra shot when I have 60 focus I have no problem to cycle kill command and Dire Beast, why then have this limitation?
    I missing something?

No reason not to have it, gives you maximum freedom to cast everything off cd (if Crows is coming up too, for example), also keeps you at higher focus in general which makes it easier to bank before BW.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    Six-Feather Fan is implemented in SimCraft and it's now in the guides, so are the Three-Toed Rabbit Foot trinkets and their different variations. Also expanded on Fury of the Eagle usage for survival.
    You, who are so proud of your guides, you show three-toed rabbit sims and don't care if they are actually contradicting your own guide's stat priority?

That's funny

Quote Originally Posted by Lukybre View Post
    You, who are so proud of your guides, you show three-toed rabbit sims and don't care if they are actually contradicting your own guide's stat priority?

That's funny
    They aren't contradicting anything. If stat weights applied to trinkets in a meaningful way, we'd just use stat weights to evaluate trinkets. We don't do that, because that would be retarded. I knew that I'd get this kind of idiocy by putting up the sims from idiots who have no idea how stat weights work and why you can't apply them to trinkets, proc or static.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Radux; 2016-09-06 at 02:15 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    No reason not to have it, gives you maximum freedom to cast everything off cd (if Crows is coming up too, for example), also keeps you at higher focus in general which makes it easier to bank before BW.
    ok, ty.

so the best thing is cast as cobra shot possible without creating problems to the rest of the cycle?

the '90 focus advice' is only for be sure to not have problems but it's still a waste of DPS ?

It's not a waste of DPS unless you're focus capping and/or not ending the fight with as close to 0 focus as possible (which it doesn't really affect in any meaningful way, in the big picture).

- - - Updated - - -

I'll be switching to AMR's simulator for trinket purposes when it is a bit more robust and when it is easier to convey information that it spits out (lots of mess atm).

Deleted
    I knew that I'd get this kind of idiocy by putting up the sims from idiots who have no idea how stat weights work and why you can't apply them to trinkets, proc or static.
    Ok, so you're definitely an asshole. Don't think you're a god because you're doing ranking since only SoO and using sims, you're just a joke man

Deleted
    ty for the quick response