15+ Year Old Account
    Playing with FS requires a little bit thinking before everything happens, i mean we have timer for everything right now and if you know when you have to move you can easily fill your focus if needed.

I personally prefer ToTh too because in movement situations its nice to have 1-3 stacks of toth left which allows me mostly to move from A to B without getting an major dps penalty at all.

100% Achievements - "Warlords of Draenor Edition" - 03.02.2016 - 05:52 CET
    Hunter Armory | Guild: Gambit (German) | Sellruns / Boosts (German)

Since switching to SV, I've noticed Warcraftlogs has a big problem with associating pets to SV hunters unless the pet is resummoned during a parse. Pretty much every Kargath we do, I forget to resummon my pet and so its damage is missing from my dps.

Is there a way to manually reprocess the log to correctly associate pets to people after the log has been started, or do you just have to remember to resummon before the boss attempt (and hope your logger doesn't go offline/restart logging)? From a programming perspective, I understand automatically associating the pets together is difficult without some type of cast that interacts between owner and pet (e.g. with BM they could key off master's call or kill command which directly have a source player to target unit) and SV just doesn't have that type of interaction. But that being said, is there some work around after logs are running without resummoning to establish the relationship in Warcraftlogs? I know this is also affecting other pet-based classes.

Kihra is a boss and hangs around both these forums and the IRC, much easier contacting him with a simple PM than trying to find workarounds for bugs that could be fixed in a timely fashion if you'd just report it. Which I have done for you, now.

Redtuzk and I did observe some missing damage from our WCL uploads as well, it's almost definitely that (as it was rouuuughly 10% sometimes less)

Quote Originally Posted by Effinhunter View Post
    Since switching to SV, I've noticed Warcraftlogs has a big problem with associating pets to SV hunters unless the pet is resummoned during a parse. Pretty much every Kargath we do, I forget to resummon my pet and so its damage is missing from my dps.

Is there a way to manually reprocess the log to correctly associate pets to people after the log has been started, or do you just have to remember to resummon before the boss attempt (and hope your logger doesn't go offline/restart logging)? From a programming perspective, I understand automatically associating the pets together is difficult without some type of cast that interacts between owner and pet (e.g. with BM they could key off master's call or kill command which directly have a source player to target unit) and SV just doesn't have that type of interaction. But that being said, is there some work around after logs are running without resummoning to establish the relationship in Warcraftlogs? I know this is also affecting other pet-based classes.
    Effin,

If you go to the rankings tab on your logs and then click the export button at the bottom then it will re-upload the logs and should merge in the pet data. I had this issue with my logs from tuesday that I had to do this for and it corrected the issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dranston View Post
    Effin,

If you go to the rankings tab on your logs and then click the export button at the bottom then it will re-upload the logs and should merge in the pet data. I had this issue with my logs from tuesday that I had to do this for and it corrected the issue.
    Thanks for this was wondering where some of my dmg went lol

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    Kihra is a boss and hangs around both these forums and the IRC, much easier contacting him with a simple PM than trying to find workarounds for bugs that could be fixed in a timely fashion if you'd just report it. Which I have done for you, now.

Redtuzk and I did observe some missing damage from our WCL uploads as well, it's almost definitely that (as it was rouuuughly 10% sometimes less)
    Well, if I find something weird, the first thing I try to do is ask people with more experience if I should bother wasting time reporting something to a developer when I might just be simply not doing what I should be doing (e.g., maybe the uploader from our guild simply wasn't checking an option that should have been checked). As someone who develops several open source projects, I know how busy developers can get, and I would rather not pester other devs with questions that would waste their time before I at least try to find out if the problem is on my end first.

Anyway, thanks for passing on the info to him. If it is a small fix that would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Dranston
    Effin,

Awesome. I'll talk to the person who uploaded it and see if he can do this!

Yea i was trying to figure it out since I uploaded it on tuesday when i went to the damage done tab my pets damage was shown with me however it didn't work with any of the rankings but i found that re-exporting it on the rankings tabbed fixed the issue looking at the warcraftlogs forums seems its an issue a bunch pf people are having but they also say it would be fixed in 6.1 since pet damage will include the characters name in it to make it easier to merge.

Yeah, our mages have been complaining about this since front of expansion (it was one of several gripes they had about playing Frost). I can confirm that reexporting works. Thanks for the heads up!

Edit: P.S. You only have to export once for all boss reports within the same log. You do not have to do each fight individually!

Deleted
    Heard a rumor this trinket is still op http://www.wowhead.com/item=96546/ru...re-origination

any ideas?

It was on the sim list a while back. It sucked. Might (likely) be better for Survival but it's still pretty bad.

Quote Originally Posted by boonoob View Post
    Heard a rumor this trinket is still op http://www.wowhead.com/item=96546/ru...re-origination

any ideas?
    If we get a similar trinket in this expansion that takes into account MS as part of its parameters, it may be powerful for SV, but this is not the case with Rune. According to Simcraft, and the trinket description, this trinket only affects crit/haste/mastery. To give you an idea of what this looks like in sims, here's my current profile with the HWF, fully upgraded rune (and I actually have slightly more MS than any other stat as SV, so if the Rune was working for MS, this is something I could play with).

Simcraft Settings for Effinhunter with Rune
    Spoiler: 
    armory=us,area+52,Effinhunter

name=Effinhunter_MM

copy=MM_With_Rune

trinket2=rune_of_reorigination,id=96918,upgrade=2

copy=MM_With_Rune_HWF_Captive

trinket1=rune_of_reorigination,id=96918,upgrade=2
    trinket2=captive_microaberration,id=113853,bonus_id=561/566

armory=us,area+52,Effinhunter

name=Effinhunter_SV

talents=0003132
    spec=survival

# This default action priority list is automatically created based on your character.
    # It is a attempt to provide you with a action list that is both simple and practicable,
    # while resulting in a meaningful and good simulation. It may not result in the absolutely highest possible dps.
    # Feel free to edit, adapt and improve it to your own needs.
    # SimulationCraft is always looking for updates and improvements to the default action lists.

# Executed before combat begins. Accepts non-harmful actions only.

actions.precombat=flask,type=greater_draenic_agility_flask
    actions.precombat+=/food,type=calamari_crepes
    actions.precombat+=/summon_pet
    # Snapshot raid buffed stats before combat begins and pre-potting is done.
    actions.precombat+=/snapshot_stats
    actions.precombat+=/exotic_munitions,ammo_type=poisoned,if=active_enemies<3
    actions.precombat+=/exotic_munitions,ammo_type=incendiary,if=active_enemies>=3
    actions.precombat+=/potion,name=draenic_agility

# Executed every time the actor is available.

actions=auto_shot
    actions+=/arcane_torrent,if=focus.deficit>=30
    actions+=/blood_fury
    actions+=/berserking
    actions+=/potion,name=draenic_agility,if=(((cooldown.stampede.remains<1)&(cooldown.a_murder_of_crows .remains<1))&(trinket.stat.any.up|buff.archmages_greater_incandescence_agi.up))|target.tim e_to_die<=25
    actions+=/call_action_list,name=aoe,if=active_enemies>1
    actions+=/stampede,if=buff.potion.up|(cooldown.potion.remains&(buff.archmages_greater_incandescence_ agi.up|trinket.stat.any.up))|target.time_to_die<=25
    actions+=/black_arrow,if=!ticking
    actions+=/explosive_shot
    actions+=/a_murder_of_crows
    actions+=/dire_beast
    actions+=/arcane_shot,if=buff.thrill_of_the_hunt.react&focus>35&cast_regen<=focus.deficit|dot.serpen t_sting.remains<=3|target.time_to_die<4.5
    actions+=/glaive_toss
    actions+=/powershot
    actions+=/barrage
    # Cast a second shot for steady focus if that won't cap us.
    actions+=/cobra_shot,if=buff.pre_steady_focus.up&buff.steady_focus.remains<5&(14+cast_regen)<=focus. deficit<80
    actions+=/arcane_shot,if=focus>=80|talent.focusing_shot.enabled
    actions+=/focusing_shot
    actions+=/cobra_shot

actions.aoe=stampede,if=buff.potion.up|(cooldown.potion.remains&(buff.archmages_greater_in candescence_agi.up|trinket.stat.any.up|buff.archmages_incandescence_agi.up))
    actions.aoe+=/explosive_shot,if=buff.lock_and_load.react&(!talent.barrage.enabled|cooldown.barrage.remai ns>0)
    actions.aoe+=/barrage
    actions.aoe+=/black_arrow,if=!ticking
    actions.aoe+=/explosive_shot,if=active_enemies<5
    actions.aoe+=/explosive_trap,if=dot.explosive_trap.remains<=5
    actions.aoe+=/a_murder_of_crows
    actions.aoe+=/dire_beast
    actions.aoe+=/multishot,if=buff.thrill_of_the_hunt.react&focus>50&cast_regen<=focus.deficit|dot.serpent_ sting.remains<=5|target.time_to_die<4.5
    actions.aoe+=/glaive_toss
    actions.aoe+=/powershot
    actions.aoe+=/cobra_shot,if=buff.pre_steady_focus.up&buff.steady_focus.remains<5&focus+14+cast_regen<80
    actions.aoe+=/multishot,if=focus>=70|talent.focusing_shot.enabled
    actions.aoe+=/focusing_shot
    actions.aoe+=/cobra_shot

summon_pet=cat

copy=SV_With_Rune

trinket2=rune_of_reorigination,id=96918,upgrade=2

For me, the Rune always procs crit, as it is my highest stat of the 3 available (crit/mastery/haste). Because my trinkets are awful (N Scales and HWF Captive), I pair the rune with my Scales for SV and with both trinkets for MM (haste isn't as bad, and Captive gives you a healthy boost to secondaries for the Rune's proc). As you can see, the trinket is surprisingly good for a 540ish trinket. However, it's certainly not a better combo than anything else from Highmaul.

What's this thing about the 690 ring being a DPS loss in the changelogs?
    Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    More amusing than that is the fact that the entire basis behind Sinestra as a lore character is that she was the only dragon who was able to withstand the power of Deathwing's cock.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Samfisher View Post
    Using explo trap I think the sence says

Which fights do you feel comfortable enough to use FS over LW?

The first page lists specs (SV, MM, BM), but not specifics.

The first page says that FS is perfectly usable on all fights if you're comfortable enough with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Samfisher View Post
    He is refering to explosive trap. It's not worth using with the 690 ring and a minor increase without it so he took it out of the ST rotation

Quote Originally Posted by galaxyquest View Post
    Which fights do you feel comfortable enough to use FS over LW?

The first page lists specs (SV, MM, BM), but not specifics.
    As a pretty inexperienced Hunter, (first time using Hunter for progression) I have managed to use FS with success on everything except Tectus and Imperator. I have not had the courage to try them with FS yet. Tectus I am going to try it next raid night. Imperator I am of course the brand bitch so that's a lot of movement.

Quote Originally Posted by Waylay73 View Post
    As a pretty inexperienced Hunter, (first time using Hunter for progression) I have managed to use FS with success on everything except Tectus and Imperator. I have not had the courage to try them with FS yet. Tectus I am going to try it next raid night. Imperator I am of course the brand bitch so that's a lot of movement.
    It's perfectly doable on Tectus, with the caveat that if you get bad RNG with Crystal Barrage you will see a drop in your numbers. I was targeted by literally every single one last night and lost a ton of DPS for it, but it was an outlier and definitely not the norm.

I was still pissed off, mind you

Is there a relevant guide out there for solo'ing as BM? I found some but they are all from 2011-2012.

http://forums.elitistjerks.com/topic...un-and-profit/

This is probably the best place to look for info, although it's more discussion than guide. You'll have to do a bit of reading to parse the info.

--edit--

Skip to the last 4-5 pages or so. it's a very old thread that has just stuck around over the years.
    Last edited by Jantof; 2015-01-08 at 08:03 PM.