Deleted
    Yeah figures as much - guess I'm being a bit retarded but, AMR blog?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by notebookonmydesk View Post
    Yeah figures as much - guess I'm being a bit retarded but, AMR blog?
    http://blog.askmrrobot.com/2016/08/a...on/#more-17949

Deleted
    ok so this question isn't about dps or specs, but where do i get Halduron Brightwing and Huntsman Blake as followers? i have the rest just cant find these two!

im guessing huntmas blake is somewhere around bradensbrook in val'sharah, but i cant find him, so did i miss a quest or what?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    ok so this question isn't about dps or specs, but where do i get Halduron Brightwing and Huntsman Blake as followers? i have the rest just cant find these two!

im guessing huntmas blake is somewhere around bradensbrook in val'sharah, but i cant find him, so did i miss a quest or what?
    both from quests in the campaign
    start9

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post

Keep doing your class/Order Hall quests.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pijips View Post
    both from quests in the campaign
    Quote Originally Posted by Smog View Post
    Keep doing your class/Order Hall quests.
    ah right thanks, i've just done the one to give 100 resources to that highmountain guy, annoying that there is no indication of where to get them like the wod garrison followers

thanks for replies!

Updated stat weights for the Gem Changes?

Also, for marksman I feel like there is a certain amount of haste you want before getting mastery. There are plenty of times in fights where there is a dead period when you have no sidewinder charges to generate focus. Extra haste for the regen and recharge reduction on sidewinders is needed I believe. Also having more haste will let you fit more aimed shots into one vulnerable buff.
    Last edited by Pounced; 2016-09-08 at 08:46 PM.

Pounced#1519

Stat weights have nothing to do with the gem change, but the consequences of the gem change are already in the guide.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    Stat weights have nothing to do with the gem change, but the consequences of the gem change are already in the guide.
    Would it be possible to have more details on how you obtained the new stats weights (and why they changed).

Also would it be possible that the stats weights are different in a single target fight vs a multiple targets fights? I mean more haste in a multiple targets fight would mean more SW and more Marked Shots so more ae but obviously it s more complex than that. Did you compute your stat weights with different scenarii (and it ended up with the sames results)?

Thx for your work!

I am transitioning to AskMrRobot's simulator for stuff like stat weights. The short version of how it works is that it runs the weights on a multitude of gearsets/gear levels, and then attempts to run regression to try and find a set of weights that is applicable to most of the gearsets, vastly increasing the number of "outsets" for stat weight generation, while with "traditional" scale factors you're really limited by the base gearset that you use. The solution is not perfect (yet), but it's an upgrade already at this stage in its development.

Gearing around AoE is generally not something I advise. For multi-target MM, just like Haste would potentially buff AoE, so would Crit (considering that Trueshot's effect + Rapid Killing is vastly inflated by multiple targets, and more damage done during it in general as a result of this AoE will make the Rapid Killing trait (+50% crit dmg) stronger, which also means that Crit will be very good). Not something to worry about, I'd argue, unless the spec's forté is AoE (like BM for Mythic+, where it makes sense to consider multi-target when doing stat weights).

Is there an updated pawn string somewhere? The one linked on Icy says edited Feb 2015.

Does it?

Does it?

It says in your screenshot Feb 2nd, 2015 (EDITED). If I hover over that, like you did, it still says the same. You must see it differently because your the one that posted it.

So are these the right weights?
    Last edited by tyrindor; 2016-09-08 at 10:01 PM.

Deleted
    I am transitioning to AskMrRobot's simulator for stuff like stat weights. The short version of how it works is that it runs the weights on a multitude of gearsets/gear levels, and then attempts to run regression to try and find a set of weights that is applicable to most of the gearsets, vastly increasing the number of "outsets" for stat weight generation, while with "traditional" scale factors you're really limited by the base gearset that you use. The solution is not perfect (yet), but it's an upgrade already at this stage in its development.

Gearing around AoE is generally not something I advise. For multi-target MM, just like Haste would potentially buff AoE, so would Crit (considering that Trueshot's effect + Rapid Killing is vastly inflated by multiple targets, and more damage done during it in general as a result of this AoE will make the Rapid Killing trait (+50% crit dmg) stronger, which also means that Crit will be very good). Not something to worry about, I'd argue, unless the spec's forté is AoE (like BM for Mythic+, where it makes sense to consider multi-target when doing stat weights).
    Thanks a lot for the quick answer!

Quote Originally Posted by tyrindor View Post
    It says in your screenshot Feb 2nd, 2015 (EDITED). If I hover over that, like you did, it still says the same. You must see it differently because your the one that posted it.

So are these the right weights?
    Hold your mouse over the actual "Edited" part and you will see what I see.

Is haste better than crit for mm? And if it is, why? I'll be mainly doing mythic+

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Habiby View Post
    Is haste better than crit for mm? And if it is, why? I'll be mainly doing mythic+
    If you're mainly doing mythic+ then you might wanna consider BM. It's considerably stronger in this area.

7+ Year Old Account
    Hold your mouse over the actual "Edited" part and you will see what I see.
    Heya

I remember reading a thread where you explained how to level fast with the MM spec. Do you think you can repeat it again, please? Also does it involve getting artifact traits while leveling?

Deleted
    Thank you for all the good work you're doing, Azor! Mad respect!

I don't really know what motivates you to do this, if you even care about our thanks, but you have it anyway.

As someone who works 6 days a week up to 8pm, your guides and research has immensely helped me stay competitive.

I don't really like the new design of hunters, but we are at least a very competitive class and with your help even us casuals can do some damage.

Just thanks!