Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Are we gonna get max level legendaries in Molten Core?

Just wondering why I haven't seen anyone ask that question.

10+ Year Old Account
    I assume we either get the same drop from lvl 60 MC.
    Or we gonna get other loot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

I would guess highly, highly unlikely. Especially given it would all of a sudden require max-level versions of all the requisite materials.

10+ Year Old Account
    the only legendary that will come out is the killing of ragnaros with 40 man again

heck i think there won't be any loot at all beside the core hound achievement mount.

No Tusk Club.

No loot. Just boss kill requirements for the achievement that grant the mount. Otherwise you get the saved instance on an alt to just go and kill Raggy for mount.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostblade View Post
    the only legendary that will come out is the killing of ragnaros with 40 man again

heck i think there won't be any loot at all beside the core hound achievement mount.
    Why wouldn't there be loot? They've never done a raid without loot. Even the elemental bosses they've done for the Cataclysm prerelease event had loot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Why wouldn't there be loot? They've never done a raid without loot. Even the elemental bosses they've done for the Cataclysm prerelease event had loot.
    its just a thought. + the point liess in when it will come out. if its pre expansion 6.0 then loot is very worthless.
    but if it is post expansion 6.0 then the loot is a small boost which i think blizz wants to avoid.

No Tusk Club.

I can't see them doing much in the way of loot for something like this outside of maybe bumping up existing items to ilvl489 or something (except tier sets). Or, as others postulated above, there may not be any loot at all. Or maybe just some cosmetic cloak/xmog stuff from Rags along with the mount. Who knows.

I doubt they will put Thunderfury into the event. It's supposed to be light hearted nostalgic and fun not too serious farming the mat's over a two week period will be just random and leave the entitled unhappy and negative

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostblade View Post
    its just a thought. + the point liess in when it will come out. if its pre expansion 6.0 then loot is very worthless.
    but if it is post expansion 6.0 then the loot is a small boost which i think blizz wants to avoid.
    It would be good to get loot even if it was pre-expansion, because that way you could go into it with better gear. They've done that with at least almost every pre-expansion event. WotLK you could get gear by defeating Scourge in the zones. Cataclysm you would get gear from the elemental bosses I think it was ilevel 251 which was nice. MoP you got pretty good gear through the Theramore event. This was always just a few weeks before the release of the expansion. Also they could make some of the gear heirlooms that scale from 90-100 like Garrosh's heirloom.

10+ Year Old Account
    My guess is MC LFR will be designed to be tackled in, and drop gear around equivalent to, t15 LFR gear in keeping with the gear from previous end-of-expansion event gear drops (Undead Slaying gear in BC, Elemental Invasion gear from Wrath, Theramore's Fall gear in Cataclysm) being balanced around low-end raid gear. I also think we're not getting legendaries--maybe level 90 epic versions of some of the more iconic items like Sulfuron Hammer and tier 1. I don't think we'll get an epic using Thunderfury's model, though it would be awesome for transmog (and Thunderfury isn't exactly rare after ten years anyway).
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    All MC loot boosted to level 90 with a prefix for the anniversary.

Legendary will be really weak and widely available if there is one.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    All MC loot boosted to level 90 with a prefix for the anniversary.

Legendary will be really weak and widely available if there is one.
    I was thinking, reuse the Firelands Sulfuras model and recolor Thunderfury, introduce both as level 90 epics available off Ragnaros (for Sulfuras) and shared loot between Garr and Baron Geddon (for Thunderfury). Maintain that little dynamic where you had to get bindings by having them both drop the Thunderfury recolor (think, yellow particle effects and a red blade or something). That way, you can tell who put the work into building the legendary version at a glance.

Deleted
    Maybe a heirloom version that scales from 90-100? (legendary level at 90, blue/epic level on 100)
    I wish.

The only legendary I know of from there is Thunderfury and that's... yeah not unless you plan on grinding 10,000 mobs a day between LFR runs.
    Blizzard has forgone the route of taking risks with their stories and has decided that
    pandering to the rebellious pre-teen mindset is a safer bet. Thanks Metzen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WanderingBreezes View Post
    The only legendary I know of from there is Thunderfury and that's... yeah not unless you plan on grinding 10,000 mobs a day between LFR runs.
    Sulfuras, too.

I'd just be happy with some 510-520 ilevel pieces or even just transmog tier 1 and some weapons.

I can guarantee there will be useful loot that drops that is at least 535.

If it does drop loot it won't be any better then SoO stuff. Mostly because it won't be around long enough to grind really. I'd be pissed if they put in some really cool stuff then put a .2% drop chance on it. Because... that'd suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    I was thinking, reuse the Firelands Sulfuras model and recolor Thunderfury, introduce both as level 90 epics available off Ragnaros (for Sulfuras) and shared loot between Garr and Baron Geddon (for Thunderfury). Maintain that little dynamic where you had to get bindings by having them both drop the Thunderfury recolor (think, yellow particle effects and a red blade or something). That way, you can tell who put the work into building the legendary version at a glance.
    I sincerely doubt they will redo the legendaries and if I do I would pretty much guarantee they do not make them epic as this would open them up to transmog unlike the originals.

I'm like 99% sure we'll see updated MC loot (same models and similar names) in the 520-540 range but I doubt we get the legendaries.