What can I do to make the Cata to MoP questing jump better/easier?

When I hopped from Twilight Highlands to Jade Forest, it was a wreck. I Was super squishy, my shield didnt shield at all, etc.

Now Im leveling a prot warrior, and questing has been a breeze.....but what can I do to help my little tank out? Hopefully none involve spending cash money on i450 BoEs
    Quote Originally Posted by xannax2780 View Post
    It's called balancing.
    Maybe you should try balancing the large cup of QQ in your left hand with a big mug of STFU in your right.
    Just sayn'

Quote Originally Posted by calinass View Post
    When I hopped from Twilight Highlands to Jade Forest, it was a wreck. I Was super squishy, my shield didnt shield at all, etc.

Now Im leveling a prot warrior, and questing has been a breeze.....but what can I do to help my little tank out? Hopefully none involve spending cash money on i450 BoEs
    eh, I felt that too with leveling a priest, but I was leveling as disc all the way through.
    Anyway, you could aways do dungeons and their respective quests, I found that they give nice rewards.

Other than that, I guess there's no way other than spend some money on gear if you can't find it through dungeons/quests.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most of the armor vendors in the towns sold pretty viable questing gear in MoP. A fact I overlooked while power leveling a druid and getting wrecked during the initial quests.

7+ Year Old Account
    Um, it's only really an issue for the first 3 or 4 quests. Once you get a few pieces of MOP gear you'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    eh, I felt that too with leveling a priest, but I was leveling as disc all the way through.
    Anyway, you could aways do dungeons and their respective quests, I found that they give nice rewards.

Other than that, I guess there's no way other than spend some money on gear if you can't find it through dungeons/quests.
    I should have boosted that, and not my lock. TOo bad they are just sitting and collecting dust. This warrior I plan on heavily using...

Is it worth it to craft some BS gear? Wonder if I craft something, if it's worth it to buy the ghost iron ore vs. just spending the gold to buy i450 stuff. But then again I dont know how much they go for..
    It's called balancing.
    Maybe you should try balancing the large cup of QQ in your left hand with a big mug of STFU in your right.
    Just sayn'

There's a vendor at the starting hub that sells gear for very cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    There's a vendor at the starting hub that sells gear for very cheap.
    Is this before or after you start any major quests? o.O
    It's called balancing.
    Just sayn'

10+ Year Old Account
    You can just go straight to him. You have to clear to the village at least, but once you do you can take off down the bridge and head to Dawn's Blossom. They a full outfit of 372 leveling green gear for about 850g total.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    You can just go straight to him. You have to clear to the village at least, but once you do you can take off down the bridge and head to Dawn's Blossom. They a full outfit of 372 leveling green gear for about 850g total.
    Thats not bad at all! Do they have something similar to that, for Cata?
    Because being in 170 gear at around 300ish is no bueno.
    Just hit 80.
    It's called balancing.
    Just sayn'

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you grabbing the Pandaria BoAs? Free 450s to use.
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

Quote Originally Posted by Mrbleedinggums View Post
    Are you grabbing the Pandaria BoAs? Free 450s to use.
    Not particularly, arent they incredibly hard to get? Im on a popular server
    It's called balancing.
    Just sayn'

I only had a brief issue with some casters from Cata to MoP. (namely spriest)

There are craftable 85 BoE profession greens or a vendor that sells adequate gear. Otherwise run dungeons or bruteforce through the quests. PvP gear could work, but it's still a large gap and imo slow to grind.
    Stay salty my friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    If on horde side, Rivett Clutchpop is the first vendor to sell them, at Grookin Hill. Alliance side, looks like Silkweaver Rui at Pearlfin village sells them. 372 green items for each slot. note for trinkets, many of the trinkets have the same proc, but different main stats. If both say proc for mastery, they share an internal cooldown.

You can also, if you have a crafter available, get 415 blue items with random stats made. When crafting the 384 items (windwool armor, misthide, stormscale, or ghost iron, depending on cloth, leather, mail, or plate), there is a random chance to get a blue item. Can also get rings and necks this way. These can usually be found for between 100-300g on the AH, but again, they are random stats. Currently my 85 warriorr is mostly using these, with some boe items (and the archaeology 463 upgraded to 471 mainhand), bumping his ilvl up to 425 while I have xp turned off to farm hour of twilight heroics for transmog.

For going to Cata, there is a quartermaster vendor in hyjal at the start that sells 232 green items, for those going into cata with wrath questing gear. Most will quickly be replaced, but its a start at least. the vendor is in the first building with ysera, on the left as you enter, and simply labeled as Quartermaster (not Hyjal quartermaster)

Thats not bad at all! Do they have something similar to that, for Cata?
    In Hyjal there's http://www.wowhead.com/npc=71304 in the starting building. 232 gear, all slots, much worse than the quests but much better than LK quests.
    Dwarfs, gods among humanoids, giants among... gnomes...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hitch-hikers' Guide To The Galaxy: Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz
    "Oh freddled gruntbuggly/thy micturations are to me/As plurdled gabbleblotchits on a lurgid bee.
    Groop I implore thee, my foonting turlingdromes. And hooptiously drangle me with crinkly bindlewurdles,
    Or I will rend thee in the gobberwarts with my blurglecruncheon, see if I don't!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Not particularly, arent they incredibly hard to get? Im on a popular server
    Not at all. They're quite easy to get, even at this point in time. You can even farm your specific rare in krasarang to get plate leggings. 440 and lvl 86 req. i believe. For tanking, you'd just need the blade of the prime, located in that cave by the Lake of the Stars, Dread Wastes. (the one where you find a klaxxi) It's behind the quest target.
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

Quote Originally Posted by Mrbleedinggums View Post
    Not at all. They're quite easy to get, even at this point in time. You can even farm your specific rare in krasarang to get plate leggings. 440 and lvl 86 req. i believe. For tanking, you'd just need the blade of the prime, located in that cave by the Lake of the Stars, Dread Wastes. (the one where you find a klaxxi) It's behind the quest target.
    Whats their respawn timers? I was under the impression it takes anywhere from an hour to half a day or so.
    It's called balancing.
    Just sayn'

10+ Year Old Account
    Whats their respawn timers? I was under the impression it takes anywhere from an hour to half a day or so.
    Respawn rates vary. Picking these up provides a good amount of xp as well If you have a friend with some free time and a 2 person flying mount (or 2 accounts like me), simply look them up on WoWhead http://www.wowhead.com/guide=1276/on...es-of-pandaria Go through each zone, checking for the items. The following guide covers them as well as the rare elite mobs. http://www.wowhead.com/guide=1452/mi...item-locations