View Poll Results: Is the game too hardcore, too casual or just right?

Voters
59. This poll is closed
  • The game is just right, although may need some minor adjustment.

45 76.27%
  • Too casual, they have access to too much.

10 16.95%
  • Too hardcore, casual don't get to see enough contents.

4 6.78%
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Yes but at the same time can you deny how punishing a SINGLE failure can be to the group when at level?
    Progression-wise, I've solo healed Titan HM in full Darklight and an i55 weapon when the "main healer" got punted off during ♥ phase. It was actually really difficult (hardcast Medica 2 Swiftcast Medica during Tumults, Virus/E4E on cd for table flips, etc), but we managed to pull through it because I had a cheatsheet for the fight's script and kept the party alive by the skin of my teeth. There are probably other examples.
    Sig/ava made by the amazing Elyssia! ♥

Quote Originally Posted by Hobotripin View Post
    There's no point to raid for the experience if there isn't a reward, and if I can get that reward somewhere else I have no reason to do the raid.
    The reward is the sense of accomplishment.

Looks right to me and seriously this hardcore vs casual debate is so silly when casual is such a butched crutch argument. Doing coils doesnt make you hardcore and most especially just because you dont do coils doesnt make you casual.

In terms of character progression there is still things to do for those who dont do coils. Perhaps the ones who are running into issues are those who already spend a lot of time in the game. Which is also an issue WoW has with no-lifers who think they are casual. Sure they might not play hardcore, but that doesnt automatically make them casual. The argument isnt what "casuals" have to do but what does someone who already plays a lot but doesnt want to do coils have to do.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2014-08-17 at 06:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyese View Post
    Progression-wise, I've solo healed Titan HM in full Darklight and an i55 weapon when the "main healer" got punted off during ♥ phase. It was actually really difficult (hardcast Medica 2 Swiftcast Medica during Tumults, Virus/E4E on cd for table flips, etc), but we managed to pull through it because I had a cheatsheet for the fight's script and kept the party alive by the skin of my teeth. There are probably other examples.
    The bolded part is the main part of what you said.

You was able to do it because you had a cheatsheet but that still didn't keep it from being hard and almost wiping the group. Your ability as a healer kept you guys up barely and thats the point we are making.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    You was able to do it because you had a cheatsheet but that still didn't keep it from being hard and almost wiping the group. Your ability as a healer kept you guys up barely and thats the point we are making.
    I see. Yeah...that makes sense.
    Sig/ava made by the amazing Elyssia! ♥

Quote Originally Posted by Lyese View Post
    I see. Yeah...that makes sense.
    Cheatsheet dose help a ton but it dosen't do all the work

Ontopic: like I said early'er I feel this game is blanced really well and I think its a really smart move how they do patchs. New raid on patch A and the "hardcore" group has 3 months to finish it then Patch B comes out nerfs the raid and maybe some dungeons come out that is equal to or slightly easer then the raids before them.

Repeat....
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2014-08-17 at 07:21 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesius Baelthar View Post
    The reward is the sense of accomplishment.
    For you, not for me, I get a sense of accomplishment but that isnt a good enough incentive.

Cheatsheet dose help a ton but it dosen't do all the work

Ontopic: like I said early'er I feel this game is blanced really well and I think its a really smart move how they do patchs. New raid on patch A and the "hardcore" group has 3 months to finish it then Patch B comes out nerfs the raid and maybe some dungeons come out that is equal to or slightly easer then the raids before them.

Repeat....
    thats a horrible way to deal with content, throwing it away every 3 months is bad. Too much vertical progression not enough horizontal.

For you, not for me, I get a sense of accomplishment but that isnt a good enough incentive.
    Then there's nothing forcing you to enter a raid mode explicitly designed for bragging rights.

thats a horrible way to deal with content, throwing it away every 3 months is bad. Too much vertical progression not enough horizontal.
    It doesn't stop being relevant. There's still people running pretty much every dungeon due to how the duty finder system is designed. I myself often sign up for a random duty because I find it fun. The incentives are nice but they're essentially just a bonus. Then there's people running older content to gear up, those running a particular duty for the first time and those doing it to hunt down a specific piece of gear to use a glamour on.
    Last edited by Graeham; 2014-08-17 at 08:02 AM.

Its not throwing it away. All content released is relevant they just make it easer after 3 months.

By the sound if your comment your haven't played FFXIV to that point if at all. So you really don't know how it is until you try it. For example when WoW released SoO, ToT became useless.

With FFXIV its all on a scale and all/most content stays relevant. Ya you can skip CT if u want and do other stuff for gear or you can chose to do CT. Its all relevant just pick what u want and go with it.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2014-08-17 at 08:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Hardcore / Casual debate....

Dat crafting system.... X_X

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    @Hardcore / Casual debate....

Dat crafting system.... X_X

96% chance.....NQ synth!!!!!!!

I just resubbed and the only hard part is getting a guild or group together.
    You cared enough to post.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesius Baelthar View Post
    Then there's nothing forcing you to enter a raid mode explicitly designed for bragging rights.

It doesn't stop being relevant. There's still people running pretty much every dungeon due to how the duty finder system is designed. I myself often sign up for a random duty because I find it fun. The incentives are nice but they're essentially just a bonus. Then there's people running older content to gear up, those running a particular duty for the first time and those doing it to hunt down a specific piece of gear to use a glamour on.
    There's no point running old content to gear up when I can get full ilvl110 from doing hunts, and if people only did raids for "the achievement" why do they keep implementing gear rewards? The dungeons are absolutely so mindnumbing easy because you outilvl them by like 40, and having a glamour piece in them is dumb. You clearly just want everything handed to you then work for your stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

Its not throwing it away. All content released is relevant they just make it easer after 3 months.

By the sound if your comment your haven't played FFXIV to that point if at all. So you really don't know how it is until you try it. For example when WoW released SoO, ToT became useless.

With FFXIV its all on a scale and all/most content stays relevant. Ya you can skip CT if u want and do other stuff for gear or you can chose to do CT. Its all relevant just pick what u want and go with it.
    No anything before SCOB is not relevant, CT is dumb and welfare gear. The primals aren't relevant minus glamor. I'm sorry but if you don't see clearly how all the content is irrelevant after 3 months you need to open your eyes

No anything before SCOB is not relevant, CT is dumb and welfare gear. The primals aren't relevant minus glamor. I'm sorry but if you don't see clearly how all the content is irrelevant after 3 months you need to open your eyes
    O so your one of those people.

If CT wasn't useful it wouldn't have people doing it and you can always get into CT. If it has gear for you then its relevant. There may be bits of content that isn't but most is even more so for new level 50's. As I said if CT wasn't useful people wouldn't be running it right now. The welfare gear comment wasn't needed and you used the word wrong anyway.

CT and other content is a choice on how u want to get gear or myth to get gear. That makes it relevant.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2014-08-17 at 06:39 PM.

O so your one of those people.

If CT wasn't useful it wouldn't have people doing it and you can always get into CT. If it has gear for you then its relevant. There may be bits of content that isn't but most is even more so for new level 50's. As I said if CT wasn't useful people wouldn't be running it right now. The welfare gear comment wasn't needed and you used the word wrong anyway.
    How isn't it welfare gear? Please give me your insight on that. The gear in "Syrcus Tower" drops to floor daily because people would rather get the oil or tomestone which is dumb because you should have to do SCOB for that.

Deleted
    Neither. It's too anime.

How isn't it welfare gear? Please give me your insight on that. The gear in "Syrcus Tower" drops to floor daily because people would rather get the oil or tomestone which is dumb because you should have to do SCOB for that.
    Welfare implys you do nothing and recieve something.

Last I checked there is many parts of CT where they must be done right or you fail and will wipe. Bone Dragon is a perfect example. If 2 of the add's hit him good chance you fail. You do have to do things in CT and do them right.

Welfare implys you do nothing and recieve something.

Last I checked there is many parts of CT where they must be done right or you fail and will wipe. Bone Dragon is a perfect example. If 2 of the add's hit him good chance you fail. You do have to do things in CT and do them right.
    I can easily do nothing in CT and get a piece of gear. I've seen it done plenty of times.

I can easily do nothing in CT and get a piece of gear. I've seen it done plenty of times.
    Then ur the problem and not CT. People who have better gear then you is carring you.

So you got no right to bitch about CT and call welfare epics when your the problem. I have yet to be in a CT group and see people afk in it like lfr in wow.

Then ur the problem and not CT. People who have better gear then you is carring you.

So you got no right to bitch about CT and call welfare epics when your the problem. I have yet to be in a CT group and see people afk in it like lfr in wow.
    I have no reason to do CT when i'm ilvl 109 on my main. It's welfare gear.

I have no reason to do CT when i'm ilvl 109 on my main. It's welfare gear.
    No its useless gear for u since it drops ilvl 90 in it. Once again your using the term welfare gear just to bash it.

Take that type of shit to another mmo don't need it in this one.