Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Sign me up if the draft is at a reasonable date/time.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm down for the other league. Very involved fantasy player. Won't let y'all down.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Allright, let's have some fun. I wouldn't want to have any of you guys spill your player rankings or anything like that, but to have at least a topic of discussion I present you this:

The top 20 Fantasy players according to NFL.com

Question I ask: who's your 1 guy you absolutely wouldn't want to draft, for whatever reason?

To lead it off, for me that 1 guy is Arian Foster. Don't trust his health, don't trust his QB, don't trust if he'll be able to produce in this new offensive scheme. If a situation occured where I had to draft him, I'd be pretty annoyed and probably question what I had done before then to make it necessary.
    For me? Probably anyone Dallas. I just feel like the talking heads just want to make money their and not necessarily win, I don't like their mentality.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Allright, let's have some fun. I wouldn't want to have any of you guys spill your player rankings or anything like that, but to have at least a topic of discussion I present you this:

The top 20 Fantasy players according to NFL.com

Question I ask: who's your 1 guy you absolutely wouldn't want to draft, for whatever reason?

To lead it off, for me that 1 guy is Arian Foster. Don't trust his health, don't trust his QB, don't trust if he'll be able to produce in this new offensive scheme. If a situation occured where I had to draft him, I'd be pretty annoyed and probably question what I had done before then to make it necessary.
    I'm not sold on Eddie Lacy yet, and this is coming from an Alabama fan who watched him kick some serious as in college. Also, Montee Ball? I don't remember him being any kinds of relevant last year. I think Foster will get good points due to Houston not having a reliable quarterback. Might work in his favor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    Sign me up if the draft is at a reasonable date/time.
    Oh look, new people. I think we're full in the first league though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Murray scares me the most of those 20. Foster is a guy I drafted back when he had 1 career start and formed one of my superteams when I had him and McFadden, so I wouldn't mind having him again for old times sake.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Oh look, new people. I think we're full in the first league though.
    That's okay, with enough sign-ups we can easily do a second league. If people are interested they can simply post and we'll figure out if we can get a second league.

To be fair though, we do need to have enough players for a 2nd league in 4 days or so or it will become to much of a rush to still get a draft day selected.

15+ Year Old Account
    That's okay, with enough sign-ups we can easily do a second league. If people are interested they can simply post and we'll figure out if we can get a second league.

To be fair though, we do need to have enough players for a 2nd league in 4 days or so or it will become to much of a rush to still get a draft day selected.
    When is the draft going to be for the first team?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    When is the draft going to be for the first team?
    Good question..

That's something I need to work out this weekend. I'd prefer it be the last weekend of August, as per which day and time, that depends on what suits the majority of people.
    Fantasy Football on MMO Champion!
    2018 -- 2017 -- 2016 -- 2015 -- 2014 -- 2013

10+ Year Old Account
    If people are needed for the second league I could join it, when are invites going out?

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    If people are needed for the second league I could join it, when are invites going out?
    Also working on that. I PM'd Vetali to see if he'd reactivate the past years league and toss me lead so we'd keep the stats & info and keep rolling it over year to year. But if that doesn't work out I'll create the league as soon as I hear back/or next week and send out invites. I can also reactivate the second league from last year if that manages to get off the ground.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alae View Post
    Also working on that. I PM'd Vetali to see if he'd reactivate the past years league and toss me lead so we'd keep the stats & info and keep rolling it over year to year. But if that doesn't work out I'll create the league as soon as I hear back/or next week and send out invites. I can also reactivate the second league from last year if that manages to get off the ground.
    sounds good to me

Im down for the 2nd league as well. Gotta win em both this year.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, that top 20 doesn't seem too bad at all. I don't think 1 player really scares me. It's all a matter of where they will be drafted.

But that being said, I don't see Foster having a good year. The Texans have no proven passing game (although I see them getting Mallett from the Pats) and that will mean other teams stacking the box.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought I'd do one of ESPN's mock draft things just to cuz I had nothing else to do and it made me pick first, ugh, I hate picking first or last, I hope I'm right in the middle this year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I thought I'd do one of ESPN's mock draft things just to cuz I had nothing else to do and it made me pick first, ugh, I hate picking first or last, I hope I'm right in the middle this year.
    I've done a few timed ones with real people, and a few untimed ones against an AI. I can't say I've noticed any spot being noticably better then others in my attempts. Picking early means you get to pick one of the best RB's, picking late means you likely get 2 of the top WR's in the league, picking in the middle means you can balance it out because you pick more frequently. I see no downside to any spot, really.

ALSO, recieved and filled in Alae's thingy to get a time set for our draft for league 1. Since the target dates are all on the week-end they should not clash with the mod only league Pendulous and me are in, since that is going to be held on Tuesday to Thursday (likely Tuesday the 26th).

10+ Year Old Account
    Its watching 18 picks go by and then having to make 2 in a row that I hate.

10+ Year Old Account
    I activated the old league from last year and removed two teams (couldn't just remove one apparently) and it locked the league to 8 teams now. I can't figure out how to fix it because of the shitty management options, if you can at all. So if anybody knows, let me know. Otherwise I guess that league can't be used.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh. Well then I guess my PM to Alae is pointless then. I thought it was him for some reason.

15+ Year Old Account
    What website are we using? Nfl? Or was it espn?

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    What website are we using? Nfl? Or was it espn?
    Nfl.com, I'm working with Vetali to get it sorted.

And update of the draft scheduling using doodle.com (Man I wish I'd found that website this time last year, as doing it manually via a google spreadsheet sucked!!!) We've had 6 members of League 1 respond. Still awaiting Celdiseth, draynay, Hoen and Stommped to respond but the early front runner for time's available seems to be somewhere between 7pm EDT and Midnight.

League 2 update we still need a minimum of 2 more participants and I'll have to send out a survey and organise the draft really quickly if that gets off the ground, but I atleast have all the ground work done so it's just a matter of getting the participants to respond in a timely manner.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alae View Post
    Nfl.com, I'm working with Vetali to get it sorted.
    Worst case scenario you just make a new league, can't possibly be that much more work then what you are doing now, I'm thinking.