10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third

That moment when you realize your windows open

And your electronics are nearby, how screwed are you? For me i almost got screwed badly since my computers right by my window, woke up to the rain hitting my fans.
    Last edited by Hellravager; 2014-08-12 at 12:04 PM.
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

My window stays open whenever I'm home. Nothing near it.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh and sry about this being in the wrong forum had multiple tabs up XD
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

That's why you don't place electronics near windows no? A reminder to why we shouldn't treat even the most normal things as given, since everything may eventually break down or be destroyed.

On another note, since when do cellar rooms have windows that let in rain?
    Last edited by The Kao; 2014-08-12 at 11:49 AM.
    Your rights as a consumer begin and end at the point where you choose not to consume, and not where you yourself influence the consumed goods.

Translation: if you don't like a game don't play it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Skye View Post
    My window stays open whenever I'm home. Nothing near it.
    Same here, it´s basically open from May-September.

I sleep right under my bedroom window, which is always open. Woken up with a wet face more than a few times

10+ Year Old Account
    I live in a very rainy city, which actually is a good thing for rain. Our roofs and gutters are built to assume a lot of rain. Rain coming in through a window is very, very rare here. It pretty much never happens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I only have one window that goes outside and that window is in my kitchen. The other windows face a sort of interior alcove that's behind a locked door.

Yeah it's kind of a shitty apartment.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    and the single loudest clap of thunder wakes you up you have ever heard whilst you're deep asleep.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    and the single loudest clap of thunder wakes you up you have ever heard whilst you're deep asleep.
    Has happened before XD

10+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes I wish I had a window.
    "Creating a world without Yuno would be meaningless."

Deleted
    remembers me of last week her in belgium left the house when it was sunny as fuck and 26 degrees , 1.5 hour later when driving home it was raining so hard people on the freeway pulled over because you couldn't see 1 meter infront of you .
    When i came home i had waterbed tottaly free no charge!!

10+ Year Old Account
    I live in a mediterranean climate. During the summer the windows open up at ~4PM and stay open until the morning. The only "summer showers" we get are a result of the monsoonal moisture coming up from the Sea of Cortez/Gulf of Mexico around 1-2PM, if the clouds don't build up by that point then rain isn't going to happen. That and I just check my bunions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

15+ Year Old Account
    I have only small opening windows, and all are strategically modelled around to keep anything easily stolen / rain-damaged out of the way. Besides that I live in a pretty nice neighbourhood (it seems, only recently bought the place), and the neighbours above us have balconies that shield us from most of the rain anyway
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

haha damn thats lucky!