Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Who's forcing players into Ashran (PvP)?
    Unless the devs are going around engaging in PvP with people, nobody.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    It never works, though. Players will always ignore each other if given the option. Even on PvP servers, your odds of actually fighting that other guy hangs more on if YOU'RE willing to strike first than if he jumps you.
    This. Even when I played at launch days on a PvP server, the people actually doing any kind of PvP were in the huge minority, and more likely just some stray rogue stealthing by a quest turnin to gank ppl when they're preoccupied.

Blizz always makes these sorts of launch promises to sell expacs purely on people's nostalgia of 'what was fun back in the day', but the reality of it is... it wasnt as good as you remember, and when you experience it anew, people will quickly tire of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MurlocWarlock View Post
    In a situation when one or more people of the opposing faction attack you and if they out level / outgear you, they should get no honor, and no reason to ambush you.
    I don't think that players do WPvP for honor, tho.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    This. Even when I played at launch days on a PvP server, the people actually doing any kind of PvP were in the huge minority, and more likely just some stray rogue stealthing by a quest turnin to gank ppl when they're preoccupied.

Blizz always makes these sorts of launch promises to sell expacs purely on people's nostalgia of 'what was fun back in the day', but the reality of it is... it wasnt as good as you remember, and when you experience it anew, people will quickly tire of it.
    If you want to talk about why WPvP in WoW has all but died, that sums it up.

People don't want to lose, because losing can cost you a ton of time via corpse camping. So they don't attack players their own level. Instead they're more likely to just drop from their flying mount and gank lowbies, camp quest hubs, or all kinds of behavior that just make people hate WPvP more.

10+ Year Old Account
    world pvp existed before flying. why does removing flying kill world pvp, most people argue the opposite.

Because people bitch relentlessly for it even though absolutely nothing Blizzard or anyone could ever do would satisfy them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lyphe View Post
    OP, because it's part of the original design of the game. It's part of the fabric and soul and they are trying to stimulate it. Warcraft ... not Lovecraft.
    I dunno, Old Gods are pretty Lovecraftian to me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Because people kept asking for it... however now they add it people complain World PvP sucks.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Cause WoW is one of the only game with cool WPvP system.
    Had is a better word I think

I agree, vanilla did have the best world PvP system, because more often then not. Whoever ganked you was still in the area afterward. With current flying, I could gank someone in Stranglethorn, and be in Stormwind before whoever I ganked got the "Help me" message off. That isn't right. We in vanilla had to learn "In the pits" how to at least defend ourselves in case of an enemy attack. You can now gank, then watch from flight if they brought friends or not and fly off if needed. Or just gank people fighting an elite or group of mobs then fly off. Flying off isn't world PvP. That shouldn't be in the equation.

To the guy who said "I still laugh at people who say flying killed world PvP" People PvP outside of battlegrounds because it's a fun challenge of skill. There's a difference between being absolutely prepared for a fight and realizing there was a dead Horde player among those mobs you were AOE farming. World PvP makes for some challenging play, hilarious situations, and most of all, a break from the dull grind of PvE questing.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    *most* pvp servers aren't lopsided. Just a few egregious examples exist but those servers with such heavy lopsided populations tend to be where all the raiders go, not pvpers.
    Have you looked at the population on the PvP servers? Almost all of them are lopsided. There are actually very, very few that are close to even.

Quote Originally Posted by Drekai View Post
    To the guy who said "I still laugh at people who say flying killed world PvP" People PvP outside of battlegrounds because it's a fun challenge of skill.
    ROFL! That's by far the funniest thing I have read on this forum that was meant to not be funny at all. You want to test your leet skillz? Go play arena like the rest of us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably because everyone complains WPVP doesn't exist anymore since whatever xpac and they miss the nostalgia. Idk.

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Have you looked at the population on the PvP servers? Almost all of them are lopsided. There are actually very, very few that are close to even.

ROFL! That's by far the funniest thing I have read on this forum that was meant to not be funny at all. You want to test your leet skillz? Go play arena like the rest of us.
    Actually a lot of servers are semi even or damn near even. I used to play on kil'jaeden during 5.2 with the island of thunder, at the time it was straight 50/50 and the best world pvp i've ever experienced.

Arenas btw are the least balanced form of PvP. Its the definition of FoTM. RBGS however, offer far more balanced matches.

Pls dont reply with rolo rbgs, those are just people trying to cap x)
    Last edited by rosebull; 2014-08-13 at 07:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rosebull View Post
    Actually a lot of servers are semi even or damn near even. I used to play on kil'jaeden during 5.2 with the island of thunder, at the time it was straight 50/50 and the best world pvp i've ever experienced.

Arenas btw are the least balanced form of PvP. Its the definition of FoTM. RBGS however, offer far more balanced matches.

Pls dont reply with rolo rbgs, those are just people trying to cap x)
    http://www.wowprogress.com/realms/rank/us

Top 11 US servers for PvP are all almost 90%~ to 98%~ dominated by one faction. The EU is almost as bad... Do you even look at the numbers before you posted or did you just make it up and hope that no one would notice?

Arenas aren't as imbalanced as you claim either. If it's a mirror match, how is it imbalanced?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ministabber View Post
    Had is a better word I think
    They didn't change anything in wpvp lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    *most* pvp servers aren't lopsided. Just a few egregious examples exist but those servers with such heavy lopsided populations tend to be where all the raiders go, not pvpers.
    LOL, visit realmpop.com much? Blizzard made $7,500 off my guild alone who was forced to move in order to play.

From Vanilla to Beginning of MOP server balance was 49% Alliance 51% Horde

1 year into MOP 25% Alliance and 75% Horde

We tried going to Blizzard Customer service, who to their credit acknowledged our server was no longer playable for Alliance.
    Blizzard stated their solution with lopsided and unplayable PVP servers is to provide customers with the opportunity to re-roll for free or pay for char transfers.

I still like wpvp, I prefer it on RP-PVP servers

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barkloud View Post
    I am talking more about the organic WPVP that happens as enemies quest in the same area.
    This happens naturally on PVP servers. My server was 90% horde, 10% alliance until we were connected. Now it's more like 70/30. Still not forced but may appear more often than last expansion where I didn't see a single Alliance except on the farm from 85-90.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    I see it more as, they are allowing it to happen. They done everything in their power to kill WPvP over the years, so its only just that they at least give it a chance to recover.

However they need to address the power disparity, we shouldnt be running around with 1 million hp and nuking lvl 60's because we have an extra 30 fucking levels on them. Its totally out of order, I should be at a severe disadvantage when fighting a lvl 90 on my lvl 80, but not an impossible disadvantage.

Also gear needs to be addressed, which is largely the same as my point above, the power spikes are ridiculous.
    This is something we that needs to be addressed.
    If a high level toon wants to camp low level areas then there should be some way for the low levels to fight back.
    I say if you level say 90 and attack a level 30 your damage scales back to as if you level 30 and he level 30's attack hits you like a level 90 attack would.
    The 90 would still have the advantage due to having more abilities but a few level 30's could team up and fight them off instead of being one shotted.
    Also quest givers and flight masters should be unattackable so higher levels don't camp them either which I see a lot now due to CRZ.
    Last edited by Jewsco; 2014-08-16 at 12:14 PM.

It is a noisy minority always yelling for it that is the problem.
    As is often the case, the community is to blame rather than blizzard.

PvP out in the world lost all meaning when the community was finally given a choice, fun or rewards.
    They chose the latter in battlegrounds.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Cause WoW is one of the only game with cool WPvP system.
    AND with THE unbalanced PVP system there is.....