Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Why aren't prices being raised everywhere? o.O. I have honestly been waiting for one (not that I WANT one but still) for years now considering how everything else goes up.

Really don't like the price rise.

I was excited to come back to wow (quit in April after clearing HC).

But this sudden announcement, right after all the hype just feels so... slimey... really stinks, it's a cheap tactic and it's put me off of re-subscribing. Sorry Blizz, you messed up.

Wait challenge modes will no longer reward gear between LFR and normal mode. Is LFR in that desperate a need to skew the effort reward model to stay afloat?

10+ Year Old Account
    Rather than armor dyes <snip>
    Rather than what you wanted, here's this. Tough.

As a self proclaimed blizzard fanboi it's little things like this that when thrown on top of the big stuff really makes it hard to stand behind them. Here's to hoping we will break through eventually!

Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    First rise in 10 years, and UK only. Considering the shocking state of the UK economy (ignore the politicians) its not hard to see why the price is being raised - the pound just isn't worth as much as it used to be.
    The UK economy is currently one of the strongest in the Western world. The pound is also stronger than it has been against most other currencies in a while. They're just facts, whether you listen to the politicians or not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Crusade View Post
    Rather than what you wanted, here's this. Tough.

As a self proclaimed blizzard fanboi it's little things like this that when thrown on top of the big stuff really makes it hard to stand behind them. Here's to hoping we will break through eventually!
    The excuse was crap. It'll all be neon coloured that won't fit the tone. Like they have no control of the colours we'd be able to select from. Behave.

How many of you bitching about the price increase actually live in the UK? Are you BS'ing or are you too young to not have to pay attention? You do realize there's a clear as day reason for this economical change right? (Spoiler -- this was announced about 5-6 months ago -- huge surprise, and it's not just Blizzard)

Quote Originally Posted by selrah View Post
    Does the UK price include VAT?
    Yes. We don't hide VAT charges.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    First rise in 10 years, and UK only. Considering the shocking state of the UK economy (ignore the politicians) its not hard to see why the price is being raised - the pound just isn't worth as much as it used to be.

- - - Updated - - -

Probably does, yeah. That's another contributing factor, VAT was raised a few years ago (despite politicians saying it wouldn't be).
    The UK economy is growing actually. Its just wages haven't gone up with it. Anyway its £1 extra a month, not that much to be honest.

You're still paying less than what we do in the states. 28.17 EUR is 37.74 USD for a 90 day card. We pay 41.97 USD for 90 day time cards.

"Warlords of Draenor took longer than anticipated to create, by roughly 6 months. Getting the new members of the team up to speed took longer than anticipated and slowed things down. A group is already working on the next expansion though, so hopefully there won't be another long gap next time."

Lol they've been saying this for the last 2 expensions ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    Not all of them are muted.... though there are only like 4-5 bright colors and they are yellows. Though with about 100 colors to choose from it's plenty of variety.
    Which is my point. You can include a dye system that doesn't have hot pink or metallic blue and still have a robust offering. The excuse given for why they won't implement it is fucking retarded.

Deleted
    If you paid 8.99 at release or any time since, you have paid, in real terms, less every year for your subscription.

Gona say the price rise is pretty reasonable given this, £8.99 in 2004 is £12.40 today so with the price rise the annual sub will still cost less then at any point up untill about 2011/2012

Add in the fact that Blizz operates its administrations (pays most its staff etc) in Euros or USD, GBP is a secondary currency, which means there are transaction costs attached to letting people pay in £, which you need to factor into any reasonable comparison of end user subscription fee: it costs more for blizzard to acept subscriptions in GBP than Euros or USD

Source:

(http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/b...nged-1900.html)

Quote Originally Posted by DarthMonk79 View Post
    SO where's the no new content, I see 10 new levels added to my characters, a change to the spell book, stat's squish, new dungeons, raids, creatures, gear, new zone and continent, a new pvp sandbox, new character revamp, updated polygon models, garrisons. How is this not new content, I mean people still bought Halo 2, 3, RTSD, Reach, what was new there. You still walked around in first person with most of the same weapons, there was no leveling, yet its still one of the best selling games out there. Maybe the new stuff out wasn't what you wanted but it was there.
    All of that costs $50. On top of the monthly subscription. Somebody said they would pay $20/month in order to play the zero content you'll have received for the 14 months between SoO and the expansion release. That's $280 for zero content. Then $50 for the new content. So, for all of that new content you listed off, $330.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by crisp2y View Post
    If you paid 8.99 at release or any time since, you have paid, in real terms, less every year for your subscription.

Gona say the price rise is pretty reasonable given this, £8.99 in 2004 is £12.40 today so with the price rise the annual sub will still cost less then at any point up untill about 2011/2012

Add in the fact that Blizz operates its administrations (pays most its staff etc) in Euros or USD, GBP is a secondary currency, which means there are transaction costs attached to letting people pay in £, which you need to factor into any reasonable comparison of end user subscription fee: it costs more for blizzard to acept subscriptions in GBP than Euros or USD

Source:

(http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/b...nged-1900.html)
    Your assessment doesn't include the massive decline in costs to run a server.

Deleted
    ability pruning -> less kb, more usable trinkets -> blizz logic

Quote Originally Posted by WillFeral View Post
    NA>EU confirmed.
    or maybe NA cheaper to operate in than EU for them. But who knows, maybe they just like the NA better.

Quote Originally Posted by raika View Post
    ability pruning -> less kb, more usable trinkets -> blizz logic
    Or.. they're not adding more slots so nothing changes there. More options, still only 2 slots/keybinds.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoldor View Post
    or maybe NA cheaper to operate in than EU for them. But who knows, maybe they just like the NA better.
    US costs more per card even after the EUR price increase.
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

Armistice Day? Didn't he mean Veteran's Day? Maybe i should watch the video,lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dald View Post
    You're still paying less than what we do in the states. 28.17 EUR is 37.74 USD for a 90 day card. We pay 41.97 USD for 90 day time cards.
    We're talking abour British Pound Sterling here not Euro. 28,17 £ is $47,03 so it's 5 dollar more expensive. Comparison the EU price is 35,97€ that's $48,20. Once again EU is the most expensive. Just like with Steam.

Quote Originally Posted by garfeeld View Post
    Armistice Day? Didn't he mean Veteran's Day? Maybe i should watch the video,lol
    Armistice Day IS Veteran's Day. Just different names depending on countries. To be honest not really a reason to change the release date, but whatever.

I am hearing very little about scenarios and I couldnt be more pleased.
    I think having Scenarios tell stories is all they should of ever been. Not a way to get gear or farm justice
    If they make Instances relevant again (Like in WoTLK), as something that is challenging but worth it because it gives GOOD gear, I will be very excited.

For the love of all Gods that don't exist. Please don't make Grom the last boss. Come on man. Blizzard you can do so much better!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    !@#$ no.

After hearing all Blizzard's excuses about 'not enough employees to deliver quality content at a decent pace', anyone that complains about them hiring TOO MANY people needs to take a long walk off a short pier.
    Well look, they've obviously gone about their recruitment process wrong if they've hired an extra 80 people over the usual and still somehow ended up taking 6 months longer than they anticipated to push the expansion out.

All those new staff members must be feeling pretty shitty about themselves now they're publicly getting the blame for all the delays.

I can't imagine putting a team on the next expansion is helping either. But that just reinforces that what we're really getting here is one half of an expansion. They're probably holding a lot back for the second half.