Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    The saddest boss in WoW has got to be the turtle in ToT (name escapes me). Go read his lore in the dungeon journal. Basically it goes like this: random turtle minding his own business when being exposed to lei shen corrupts him into massive ass turtle. Shit now he's stuck in this cave and can't move. Now here we come along in our raid, this big ass turtle is stuck and is blocking our way, so we kill it! We kill it for merely being in our way lol. #sadness
    Tortos.
    And I completely forgot about that. The hydra afterwards is pretty sad too, it was originally a cloud serpent that Lei Shen used some flesh manipulating magic on and now it's in constant agony and that's why it attacks people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    Thaddius's backstory is very saddening. BUT that backstory is not given in the game.
    It should be though. It really wouldn't take that long to do Dungeon Journal entries for Vanilla, BC, and Wrath raids. Since transmog was introduced, I was a little surprised they didn't retroactively implement it.

Quote Originally Posted by BadVaal View Post
    Killing puppies was the all time low blow from Blizz...
    dead puppies... aren't much fun.

I'll have to go with either Empress or Paragons... I'm sure there's 'sadder' ones than that if I thought about it... (patchwerk was a mess of souls)... but I really dug the Klaxxi... and after fighting alongside them to liberate their race... well... it was sad to see the Empress was twisted & corrupted, and then have to put down the Paragons I fought alongside.

I guess the same could be said of the Protectors in SoO... but !#@$ them. Noone liked the Golden Lotus and their stupid endless dailies anyways.

Last edited by Zephre; 2014-08-17 at 12:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    Noone liked the Golden Lotus and their stupid endless dailies anyways.
    I can't hear you over my Feat of Strength! (Seriously though, I adore dailies.)
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    The saddest boss in WoW has got to be the turtle in ToT (name escapes me). Go read his lore in the dungeon journal. Basically it goes like this: random turtle minding his own business when being exposed to lei shen corrupts him into massive ass turtle. Shit now he's stuck in this cave and can't move. Now here we come along in our raid, this big ass turtle is stuck and is blocking our way, so we kill it! We kill it for merely being in our way lol. #sadness
    I was totally going to say Tortos, but you know what? F*&$ those spinning turtles.

Quote Originally Posted by Shambulanced View Post
    Are you kidding me?

He's the only mortal to ever land a blow on Sargeras, and he pretty much single-handedly saved all of Azeroth while fighting atop a mountain of Legion corpses he made...
    If he wasn't there, it would've been a Tauren that went in (Closest race physically to the Orcs there in the WotA timeline) and hit him or the Resistance would've flooded it with troops in a last ditch attempt failing anything else. Fact of the matter is that while he was an incredible fighter, just like many Orcs, he was simply an Orc. He wasn't unique, he wasn't any different than Varok or any other of the Old Guard of Orcs.

Now, if Broxgar did it with his bare hands or with a generic weapon I'd agree. But he used an enchanted axe that ANYONE else could've used and simply relied on his race's natural capability to fight while creating his little mountain of demons before Sargeras came close enough to hit. The only thing in that scenario that sets him higher than the rest is that he fought a small army of demons beforehand. Quality of the demons is never mentioned but it's reasonable to assume they're not foot soldier level.

Not to mention it's a Knaak book, that already should make it considerably less noteworthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Telwar View Post
    He got lucky on a hit on Sargy after fighting a bunch of low-level demons that he could one shot and Victory Rush off of. Even the newbest warrior could do that.
    Troll-counter: But if they were really low level that he could one shot, that means he wouldn't gain victory rush proc since VR only procs on mobs that grant experience or honor. BOOYA! AKA Brox was a beast

Quote Originally Posted by Renedric View Post
    Troll-counter: But if they were really low level that he could one shot, that means he wouldn't gain victory rush proc since VR only procs on mobs that grant experience or honor. BOOYA! AKA Brox was a beast
    Well, let's assume he's Red to them and they're green to him. A level 90 gets VR procs from what, 82? And they one shot them.

Maybe not the saddest, but I have to give a shout out for Primordius. That last line gives me chills every time.

Again... we are torn apart... again... to the cold darkness...
    "I will say, I think it passing odd that I am loved by one for a kindness I never did, and reviled by so many for my finest act."

10+ Year Old Account
    Thaddus was pretty damn sad considering he was made of women and children flesh...

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Earth View Post
    Maybe not the saddest, but I have to give a shout out for Primordius. That last line gives me chills every time.
    Yeah, Primordius makes me sad, especially since he isn't right in the head. I wish we could have befriended him and sent him to undercity, where we could keep the cold and pain away forever!

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    Calling others nerds whilst having 4000 posts here on a WoW forum and having a mass effect quote in your sig, right.....
    Took the words right out of my mouth :P

On topic: I'm gunna have to go with Arthas, he was just an arrogant guy trying to do what was best for his people. He made a big mistake that any young hot head would and it cost him everything; he killed his own father! As soon as he picks up Frostmourne he loses everything and destroys those he was trying to protect. The cinematic at the end of ICC gets me every time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    Thaddus was pretty damn sad considering he was made of women and children flesh...
    Thaddus was also very sad, I had totally forgotten about him.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt0193 View Post
    If he wasn't there, it would've been a Tauren that went in (Closest race physically to the Orcs there in the WotA timeline) and hit him or the Resistance would've flooded it with troops in a last ditch attempt failing anything else. Fact of the matter is that while he was an incredible fighter, just like many Orcs, he was simply an Orc. He wasn't unique, he wasn't any different than Varok or any other of the Old Guard of Orcs.

Now, if Broxgar did it with his bare hands or with a generic weapon I'd agree. But he used an enchanted axe that ANYONE else could've used and simply relied on his race's natural capability to fight while creating his little mountain of demons before Sargeras came close enough to hit. The only thing in that scenario that sets him higher than the rest is that he fought a small army of demons beforehand. Quality of the demons is never mentioned but it's reasonable to assume they're not foot soldier level.

Not to mention it's a Knaak book, that already should make it considerably less noteworthy.
    If I remember the axe's power grew from his rage....or am I wrong?....I can't remember but Broxigar wasn't a normal Orc if he fended off the whole god damn legion and gave it's leader a booboo.

If I have to kill anymore orc heroes because the plot demands that every character who isn't human is one scene away from being a loot pinata i'm fucking done.

Blizzard needs to start making new plotlines with new villians. Stealing from past lore for the sake of name dropping nostalgia is a crutch that has driven the story into the fucking ground.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

I always felt bad killing Warp Splinter in Botanica.

The voice acting was fantastic though.
    No multi-character requests, please.

Twitch | Deviantart

oh, here's one...

Vanessa Van Cleef.

the whole deal was !@#$ed to begin with.

Lich King. You think Bolvar or anyone else suffered greatly at his hands? Arthas suffered more than them. His own soul was all but destroyed, in the book it was a sickly dying child struggling to even remain. And even after ripping his own heart out and having it destroyed by Tirion(lying piece of shit who deserves to die) it still managed to hold him back long enough for us to kill the Lich King and Arthas. His last words were wicked sad.

There's others, but if you know Arthas' story, you know he is the most tragic villain of Warcraft and possibly any fiction.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    oh, here's one...

Vanessa Van Cleef.

the whole deal was !@#$ed to begin with.
    I didn't feel ok with killing her. I honestly thought that they were gonna start shifting away with always killing enemies and coming to some kind of term with her. But people need them loots.

I always felt bad for having to kill Vaelastrasz in BWL.
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

10+ Year Old Account
    "L-life...binder...preserve...me..."
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥