Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

I don't blame Gul'Dan for his actions.

Honestly,

We've all had that time where we've wanted to rise above expectations of others. To prove those who beleived in you right and to look down upon those who harm and doubted you. We've all wanted power in some shape or form. We've all been to the point to where we would do anything to get what i've listed.

With that in mind, do I blame Gul'dan? Quite the contray. I admire him in a way.

lol he's the only one who drank the demonblood.
    ~times change, brah *in garrosh voice*

10+ Year Old Account
    He would kill his grandma if it meant getting +10% power. Oh yes, I will blame him for destroying pretty much everything he touches. But that's cool because hes awesome <3.
    Last edited by Shampro; 2014-08-16 at 04:33 AM.

He tried to sell the orcish race into slavery of a demonic army. There's not many ways to spin that to make him seem like the good guy.

Though I must say I want to join the Iron Horde after that cinematic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Gul'Dan went beyond simply leading his people on a campiagn of multiple genocides. Plenty of baddies in WoW, and even in real life have done that. He took another step on the dark path, one that even some of the most evil characters and people would not take. He literally damned his own species to slavery and eternal mental anguish.

Many evil rulers at least in part, do what they do for the overall good of their people. Everything that Gul'dan did was for himself.

Now Ner'zhul on the other hand... That is a character you can have sympathy with. He did many, many bad things, but in the beginning he was tricked, he did not do what he did just to make himself greater. He legitimately thought he was doing what was best for Orc kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    He tried to sell the orcish race into slavery of a demonic army. There's not many ways to spin that to make him seem like the good guy.

Though I must say I want to join the Iron Horde after that cinematic.
    MU Gul Dan did. And he did so for self preservation and self gain. Admirable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Defengar View Post
    Gul'Dan went beyond simply leading his people on a campiagn of multiple genocides. Plenty of baddies in WoW, and even in real life have done that. He took another step on the dark path, one that even some of the most evil characters and people would not take. He literally damned his own species to slavery and eternal mental anguish.

Many evil rulers at least in part, do what they do for the overall good of their people. Everything that Gul'dan did was for himself.

Now Ner'zhul on the other hand... That is a character you can have sympathy with. He did many, many bad things, but in the beginning he was tricked, he did not do what he did just to make himself greater. He legitimately thought he was doing what was best for Orc kind.
    If he wasn't going to get what he wanted, who would've done it for him?

10+ Year Old Account
    All Gul'dan wants is more power, and he'll do anything to get more power. Even if it's in another time line, it doesn't change what Gul'dan is. In our timeline, the orcs drank the blood. In WoD, he did, but it was all in the pursuit of more power. He's just not a very nice dude.
    Currently Procrastinating

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Honestly,

We've all had that time where we've wanted to rise above expectations of others. To prove those who beleived in you right and to look down upon those who harm and doubted you. We've all wanted power in some shape or form. We've all been to the point to where we would do anything to get what i've listed.

With that in mind, do I blame Gul'dan? Quite the contray. I admire him in a way.
    Who harmed him and doubted him ? He was Ner'zul's apprentice, so quite the contrary. He's just a scumbag who'd do anything for power.

[...]
    Ok well this just looks like trolling I guess.
    Last edited by mmoceb381e0edb; 2014-08-16 at 05:00 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Yea ive wanted power before but ive never been so desperate that I would destroy my race and planet for it doing is called being a super evil douche.
    Its admirable to treat yourself first and damn your whole race to be slaves and fodder for a army of demons bent on the destruction of the universe? There's no way to twist that as "cool"

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

What? Oh God. Since when is selling your race to slavery in order to get more power admirable? BTW Gul'dan was already pretty strong before.
    Little is known of Gul'dan's early history except that he was originally a member of the Shadowmoon clan, and showed extraordinary talent with working with the elemental powers of shamanism. Because of this, he was chosen as the honored apprentice to the elder shaman Ner'zhul, chieftain of the Shadowmoon Clan and spiritual leader of the orcs.
    Source
    Black Lives Matter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tragedia View Post
    What? Oh God. Since when is selling your race to slavery in order to get more power admirable? BTW Gul'dan was already pretty strong before.
    Source
    We've all wanted in (in different forms of course) Gul'Dan was just willing to do anything to get it.

He was second best to Ner'Zhul technically. So he did what he had to to be number one.

Honestly,

Yeah, so you justify steroids to accomplish your goal. Whatever. BIGLIFTS BRO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserneko View Post
    Alright, you've convinced me. You've defeated me with your superior intellect and articulate arguments. All hail Jokerfiend.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You could replace the name Gul'dan with Hitler for most of these responses.

Dear god. Is this the full expression of the Ner'zhul whitewashing?

The dude was a terrible piece of shit. You can love him for the villain he is. He isn't misunderstood. He isn't an anti-hero. He isn't a good guy. He sold his entire race into slavery for power. He's evil. He's a villain. So what.

In lore, I thought Gul'dan never drank the demon blood. He's only green due to being exposed to Fel magic correct? If that is true, why are his eyes red in the cinematic?

10+ Year Old Account
    Gul'dan is just a bad dude regardless of which universe he comes from. It's just we get to see more of it visually.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Dear god. Is this the full expression of the Ner'zhul whitewashing?

The dude was a terrible piece of shit. You can love him for the villain he is. He isn't misunderstood. He isn't an anti-hero. He isn't a good guy. He sold his entire race into slavery for power. He's evil. He's a villain. So what.
    Except in the alternate universe he sided with the Iron Horde to save his people.
    In the main universe he tried to back out of helping the Legion when he realized what the true price they had to pay was.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Souflikar View Post
    In lore, I thought Gul'dan never drank the demon blood. He's only green due to being exposed to Fel magic correct? If that is true, why are his eyes red in the cinematic?
    It's the Blood Haze.
    Deathknight's do it using disease, blood and the power of the unholy. Warlocks do it with dark demons by their side. Mages do it with summoned arcane powers. Druids do it using the forces of nature. Rogues do it through stealth, poison's, shadows and....from behind. Paladins do it by calling to the light for aid. Shamans do it with the help of the elements. Priests do it through the holy light.
    But warriors....
    Warriors just fucking do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't admire someone who would covince his people to become genocidal killing machines hellbent on destroying worlds just to obtain power that was never meant to be his in the first place.

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly,

So you admire a person who would damn his whole race.....my god what kind of person is you? o.O!!

Yet another MMOC poster who thinks someone committing heinous crimes because they wanted something out of it, presumably as opposed to just acting randomly, is an admirable principled person.

It's a little embarrassing how easy some people on this site are to manipulate.
    Last edited by Magpai; 2014-08-16 at 05:55 AM.

The guy sold out his own race in exchange for power. Knowing what he did in the main universe helps. He doesn't care about rising above expectations and he doesn't care about loyalty. He doesn't even care what anyone thinks as was clearly evidenced when he abandoned the horde to lose on the eve of victory because why the hell not! All he cares about is himself and he will sell anyone out for a shot at it. He is a bad guy plain and simple. He screwed over the humans and he screwed over the orcs. If you admire what he did in any way, you are a sociopathand there is no helping you. Don't make excuses.
    Last edited by delus; 2014-08-16 at 07:16 AM.