Legit question about high end warlock raiders.

So im looking at other warlocks to learn from and then i look at these destruction warlocks from Method and upon further inspection i see they are using expertise+mastery orange gems , is there some sort of glitch orsmh with expertise when they could instead get intellect+mastery gems???Or is it something obvious like expertise for pets or what??
    ALSO im looking at their stats and it seems even though Sparkuggz equipped ilvl is 1 lower then Gabzz's he has him beat on everything like spell power, haste, mastery and crit? Does armory take his buffs into consideration or what? These are like very odd things for me to look at, sorry if i wasted anyones time...

These are the warlocks im talking about :
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...kuggz/advanced
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Gabzz/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Excellent View Post
    Steal any bicycles today SunBakedDuck?

15+ Year Old Account
    Here's the theorycraft behind it.

The amount of hit you can reforge off of items and stacked into mastery or crit is a much greater benefit than leaving hit on them. Then to make up for the loss in hit cap you stack expertise (Which is hit for casters.) and mastery.

Basically normal/heroic gear puts you WAY over hit cap so you're forced to reforge out of it. If you're not a heroic raider and using Ordos gear it's all hit based and way too much of it at that.

No self-respecting warlock uses straight red int gems or int/mastery or int/haste orange gems. Int stacking has been made irrelevant this expansion since ToT for everything except c-mode since mastery stacks so high for destro and haste stacks for affliction.
    Last edited by Misuteri; 2014-08-17 at 12:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Misuteri View Post
    Here's the theorycraft behind it.

The amount of hit you can reforge off of items and stacked into mastery or crit is a much greater benefit than leaving hit on them. Then to make up for the loss in hit cap you stack expertise (Which is hit for casters.) and mastery.

Basically normal/heroic gear puts you WAY over hit cap so you're forced to reforge out of it. If you're not a heroic raider and using Ordos gear it's all hit based and way too much of it at that.

No self-respecting warlock uses straight red int gems or int/mastery or int/haste orange gems. Int stacking has been made irrelevant this expansion since ToT for everything except c-mode since mastery stacks so high for destro and haste stacks for affliction.
    TIL. Thanks for the info man , much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Excellent View Post
    Steal any bicycles today SunBakedDuck?

15+ Year Old Account
    NP, ask an honest question get an honest answer.

Askmrrrobot.com is pretty much flawless for PVE destro locks.

Pretty sure Sparkuggz's armory is bugged, it's not possible to get 26k mastery just from gear, and he doesn't even have Black Blood equipped. Most I've seen is on Shinafae, and that's full BiS with extra sockets from blacksmithing.