Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Great news for UK - Subscription price change!

World of Warcraft subscription prices are on the up – in the UK, at least.

WoW: Warlords of Draenor doesn’t just bring the usual boatload of new content and the much-publicised visual overhaul; it also brings a price hike for British players.

World of Warcraft subscription prices in pound sterling (GBP) will be increased from November 13, WoW: Warlords of Draenor’s release date.

The price increases are as follows:

30 Days: £8.99 -> £9.99
    90 Days: £25.17 -> £28.17
    180 Days: £46.14 -> £52.14
    So, I personally think it'll come to EU too. It's getting interesting, eh? More expensive expansion and now more expensive sub.

"Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth."

Deleted
    We needed another thread about this.

Deleted
    Oh look. This topic again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry guys, should have checked before posting it. Apologies.

"Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Expect lots of people from the EU telling you to either pay up or stop playing, that its about time, to stop crying and to stop comparing the fact 8.99 is the same as the US cost.
    Because they're the choices. What else needs to be said?
    If you like the game, and think you can spare an extra 25p a week, then carry on playing. If you're going to quit over having to pay 25p a week extra, do it. Despite what people think, not everyone cares. If you're REALLY going to whine about 25p a week, then good riddance.

Obviously not directed at OP.

Quote Originally Posted by razski View Post
    Inflation is a bitch.
    Has zero to do with inflation.

Name me one MMO that has rasied the cost of there Xpac or Sub due to inflation or at all. Hell if it was because of inflation games would raise first before subs and I mean all AAA release's.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    stop comparing the fact 8.99 is the same as the US cost.
    It isn't the same cost. £8.99 is ~$15. A wow sub in the US is $15 before tax. It's actually $16.XX varying by state. £9.99 is $16.70

consumers don't like prices going up. but, mmo gaming is still one of the cheapest hobbies possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post

Name me one MMO that has rasied the cost of there Xpac or Sub due to inflation or at all. Hell if it was because of inflation games would raise first before subs and I mean all AAA release's.
    They all went free to play within 1/2 years, so that's a very difficult task ...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    They all went free to play within 1/2 years, so that's a very difficult task ...
    Beat me to it. Though I worded it: How about YOU name ME one that hasn't gone F2P, thus meaning we can actually make a comparison?

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    Didn't know FFXIV/EvE/FFXI/WildStar/ESO ect... and mmo's running both a f2p and sub fee was totally f2p.

But hey I guess in ur world anything that isn't pulling Wow's numbers is f2p right.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    It isn't the same cost. £8.99 is ~$15. A wow sub in the US is $15 before tax. It's actually $16.XX varying by state. £9.99 is $16.70
    Nope it's actually 14.99 in my state. Even then most states only have a 6% tax so the most they will be paying is 15.89.

Quote Originally Posted by Synyzta View Post
    Beat me to it. Though I worded it: How about YOU name ME one that hasn't gone F2P, thus meaning we can actually make a comparison?
    WildStar/ESO/Eve/FFXI/FFXIV.

Also there is a ton with both a f2p and sub model. Everquest II is about to release its 11th xpac and yet it cost the same as the 10 before it.

Deleted
    Didn't know FFXIV/EvE/FFXI/WildStar/ESO ect... and mmo's running both a f2p and sub fee was totally f2p.

But hey I guess in ur world anything that isn't pulling Wow's numbers is f2p right.
    ESO and WS are too new on the market for this. EvE is different because the majority of people I know use in game currency to pay for the sub. Also, aren't both ESO and WS dying? They certainly don't have the massive fan bases that were predicted.

Why is it again that what other mmos choose to do or not do with their subscription fee dictates what blizzard can or cannot do with theirs? Gonna answer my own question here. It doesn't. It only dictates what expectations other people may have.

I do know that my cell phone costs more than it used to. My order at fast food costs more than it used to. I accept these things, what makes a sub fee so special?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Woceip View Post
    Why is it again that what other mmos choose to do or not do with their subscription fee dictates what blizzard can or cannot do with theirs? Gonna answer my own question here. It doesn't. It only dictates what expectations other people may have.

I do know that my cell phone costs more than it used to. My order at fast food costs more than it used to. I accept these things, what makes a sub fee so special?
    Because people have this real heightened sense of entitlement when it comes to Blizzard, like, it's their personal game dev. That's why people bitch all the time about everything Blizzard does.

Quote Originally Posted by Synyzta View Post
    ESO and WS are too new on the market for this. EvE is different because the majority of people I know use in game currency to pay for the sub.
    Due to the logic of "Inflation is why the sub/xpac cost more" that would mean ESO and WS should have released higher in price on both the game and the sub. Also dose not matter how EvE is ran if Inflation effects wow's sub it effects all the sub mmo's.

WildStar/ESO/Eve/FFXI/FFXIV.

Also there is a ton with both a f2p and sub model. Everquest II is about to release its 11th xpac and yet it cost the same as the 10 before it.
    Don't forget original EQ and it's soon to be 21st expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Woceip View Post

I don't care what blizzard dose with there sub. My point was don't try to blame it on Inflation when it has nothing to do with it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    Don't forget original EQ and it's soon to be 21st expansion.
    Ty totally forgot about that.