Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

New Male Models; Hot or Not?

ok, I thought for a change a guy would make a topic on the male models so far released, and whether you think they're really good or not.
    http://oi57.tinypic.com/1tpwsh.jpg
    http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...wMaleHuman.jpg
    http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...rtOfWoW064.jpg
    http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...egoatModel.jpg
    http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...FaceForNow.jpg
    http://i.gyazo.com/6513f6580ff5baaa6d8cec4f27887dc1.png
    http://i.gyazo.com/c87af2d1cdf3d484ce9b6838225f6a54.png
    http://i.gyazo.com/61ed8bb1325e0eb51b50c0dc6ba3fc50.png
    http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...age-3-full.jpg
    http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...age-1-full.jpg
    http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...dMaleModel.jpg
    http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...t/trolls03.jpg

having trouble with my dwarf pics, if anyone can link those ones up, much appreciated, i'll add them to the file.
    and if you were to measure on the hot scale so far, where'd you put each?

Finally, from what you've seen so far, how do you reckon the night elf and blood elf males are going to turn out.
    We saw various degrees and emphasis of definition on dwarves, humans, orcs, draenei concerning their musculature and body features, we even got some previously un-defined features made clear.

e.g. humans and dwarves got hair on their bodies, human males got nipples and a naval. We see a 6pack on the human male, but the draenei male while having more musculature defintion, doesn't - different species right?

So what are your guesses would be the variations on the night elf , blood elf and troll models.

Here's my guess.
    night elf: would probably have the best all round definition - 8 pack abs, broad chest, less bulgy arms and muscles but roped.
    possibly might have chest hair/body hair, would be weird having huge beards with baby smooth skin
    possibly might have an adam's apple.

blood elf: probably have the least muscle definition outside the gnome/panderan - question remains if the orc female would have more musculature than the blood elf male. no 6 pack - i'm really thinking where the human male is a 35-45 yr old looking war vet, hard and gnarled, the Belf male is more a Lordling, a young adult male late teens early tweens.
    no chance of body hair on chest or arms/legs, they'll be clean shaven
    question is will they be slimmer, more in line with the TBC beta models, or hulked up a bit more like all the other warcraft males.

Troll. trolls look hardcore without muscle defintion or bulge, dunno how they do it, but you don't ever feel the need for them to bulk them up. Still it remains to see if they'dmake them more like the Amani troll models, which seems to be the wy of all troll models from TBC or go to the original wow model look.
    no body hair expected, altho i don't know why I keep thinking of troll males as having some weird triangle patch of hair on their chest, that's ginger, and armpit pubes sticking out.
    Adam's apples would fit them quite well too, but so far only humans have them so that might remain a huamn/elf thing only. we'll see.
    EDIT - well no chest hairs, no adam's apple, no muscle bulk.
    Last edited by ravenmoon; 2014-08-21 at 09:47 PM.

Deleted
    Yeah, i'd tap that.

This post is so disturbing....

10+ Year Old Account
    The male Draenei look adorable when they do some of their facial animations, they will be so good when they are finished. It seems like they just need to fix up the facial hair/tendrils and they will be pretty much done. I'm also hoping the gold metal rings on their tail and tendrils will be more detailed, but that isn't a big deal

Male humans are the opposite for me, I think they look nice when idle/angry but not when they do their facial animations. I like that they made them burly lumberjacks, it was unexpected but a good change imo

I'm not that interested in how the male elves look but I'm sure they will both be attractive enough, with the NEs being more burly and the BEs being more sophisticated looking. The male trolls will probably look badass, I hope they buff them up just a tiny bit and maybe tone down the weird smile some of them have

I don't understand what Blizzard has against adding a slight bulge that's just enough to stop the males from looking like Ken dolls. The males shouldn't have giant packages that someone might find grotesque or would make armor look weird, but I don't think most people would object to them having just a little something to stop them from being completely flat down there

10+ Year Old Account
    I.. kinda do think the new human guy is hot.. though given the disappointment of WoD, I think the hairy chested human will loose his chest hair, since the expansion is now dubbed World of Disappointment.

Draenei.. not so much, I hope to holy hell that model there is just an early concept, because it looks terrible.
    #boycottchina

I don't keep perverse opinions about the attractiveness of a collection of pixels on a videogame character on an MMO where everyone looks alike.

More like manly as hell.
    Other than that they look great, but i wish there was an option to change the body physique to something a bit more skinny.

..I'll be the weird one and say I find the Undead males are even more cute/attractive than before.
    Male Draenei faces are pretty hot, bodies not so much for me.

(I actually kinda hope NE males have similar facial structure/expressions)

Humans?... No.
    Last edited by annrei; 2014-06-27 at 11:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reimann View Post
    ..I'll be the weird one and say I find the Undead males are even more cute/attractive than before.
    Male Draenei faces are pretty hot, bodies not so much for me.

(I actually kinda hope NE males have similar facial structure/expressions)

Humans?... No.
    wow. okay, those expressions are really great, things are looking up for male draenei... but the body still doesn't look right.

And its not because they are big, I love how big and buff male draenei are. its just the proportions are all wrong, their chest is to flat, their tail doesn't curve up like before instead lays flat, and their run animation looks really off.

Something i liked about male draenei were how despite being big, buff guys, they had a level of grace to their stride, which doesn't look this way in the new models. That is not simply a model update, its redoing animations.
    Last edited by Trassk; 2014-06-27 at 11:45 PM.
    #boycottchina

Female, but... I do believe the male models have grown more attractive with their updates. They surely are more pleasing to the eye than before with the updated textures and extra polygons. I never was a fan of big bulging veins showing across arms and feet and so far that has been the only turn-off concerning the male models. The rest have been pleasant surprises.

In a way, I wish the male Orc had some body hair for the 'savages' they are. After seeing the human male update, the Orc looks so very clean and smooth. I can't imagine body hair on either elves (maybe a bit of a chest patch for the Night Elves, but a small one) and trolls... well, according to lore they have fur so that better show somehow with their new model. Can't really decide on the Draenei to have body hair; they are an alien species, maybe they are just smooth.

Bulges would be nice but I think that, because allot of the armor is just a texture pasted over the body, the bulge would be 'in the way'. I have no better way to formulate it... I don't think anyone would make too much of a fuss about it since plate bra/chest pieces still have enough of a liquid bounce for the ladies but you'll never know. Maybe a bulge is just as bad for the kids as defined nipples poking through armor. A bulge rather than the flatness a la Ken would be a nice touch, however.

I too wish we could have a choice in body shape, because imagining a very muscular man in a tube dress (they seriously need to implement new robe designs in WoW) while waving a wand around is too adorable and funny to take serious.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to see bulges added too.

Here's my guess.
    night elf: would probably have the best all round definition - 8 pack abs, broad chest, less bulgy arms and muscles but roped.
    possibly might have chest hair/body hair, would be weird having huge beards with baby smooth skin
    possibly might have an adam's apple.

blood elf: probably have the least muscle definition outside the gnome/panderan - question remains if the orc female would have more musculature than the blood elf male. no 6 pack - i'm really thinking where the human male is a 35-45 yr old looking war vet, hard and gnarled, the Belf male is more a Lordling, a young adult male late teens early tweens.
    no chance of body hair on chest or arms/legs, they'll be clean shaven
    question is will they be slimmer, more in line with the TBC beta models, or hulked up a bit more like all the other warcraft males.
    It does look like they're going down that route, giving humans/NE/draenei/orcs a more "bearish" look, so they may give BE a more "twinkish", or better yet, a Hollywood badboy one. BE have quite a few masculine, muscular samples in their concept art, often sporting stubble (think Hanthal Lightward), and the current model is already pretty bulky. I doubt Blizzard would reduce it any further than that, due to it being a very popular race and lots of players liking their athletic, muscular build and also because there's not much warrant from the concept art to make that move. I see them increasing the visible definition (which was smooshed up due to the resize post-TBC alpha), and maybe changing the pose/stance a bit, which people have complained about for years. Elves (of both races) have low body fat so it'd be odd not to include much definition on them. I see them remaining a bit bigger than the orc female (which is not exactly lacking in bulk), as they are now. The alpha model was more a deviation from the concept art than the current

Re: body hair, if draenei don't exhibit it they may well do the same for NE, which are a different species to humans, and by extension to BE. It'd be somewhat strange to not include it on BE if they do on NE, unless the Well also reduces body hair growth... in which case, you'd expect to see that amongst the Highborne already. That is, if body hair growth would apply to NE outside of the Druids of the Claw. Needless to say, it's a secondary feature of masculinity in humans, has very little to do with muscularity and most likely isn't one for other species, like orcs, draenei etc.

Still fits the human male model very well and looks sexy on them, and I'll probably be keeping my warrior as one. I do hope that the body hair is optional though, as it wouldn't fit all my characters. A shame body sliders or types would be so hard to implement in WoW...

I'll definitely go with a draenei male for my shaman, unless the female is stunning by comparison, and so far it just looks like the same old with better textures etc.
    Last edited by Zathrendar; 2014-06-28 at 12:43 AM.
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Ostrich View Post

I don't understand what Blizzard has against adding a slight bulge that's just enough to stop the males from looking like Ken dolls. The males shouldn't have giant packages that someone might find grotesque or would make armor look weird, but I don't think most people would object to them having just a little something to stop them from being completely flat down there
    not being lewd or anything like that, but i've never understood that about game designers/artists, as a male, i'm very aware of my goods, and very proud of the bulge when i'm in underwear or tight fitting trousers 0 and I would not fail to have that detail quite present in any graphical represntation of male. Manhood is an essential part, so i don't understand why nearly all video games tend to miss that out, do the male artists not love themselves? or are they really small it's barely noticeable and as such never perceive this? I'm just wondering cos I too am a bit perpelxed by this,

anyway, I just don't get why male models look so androgenous, lamost like they're ashamed of being male... almost.. you normally don't see body hair, adam's apples or crotch bulges - and 2 b honest those are the 3 most predominant male features - cos fighting/sporty women do get muscular and you do get flat chested women as well as short haired women or long haired men, - ain't no mistaking a guy with a bulge down there, hairy arms/legs/chest or an adam's apple for being anything but a guy,

i know SWTOR - do have a notieceable crotch bulge and an adam's apple on their male toons, they didn't add the body hair tho, and i was relieved to see dwarf and human males get body hair, i think the human male has an adam's apple too, but i'm baffled that he has less of bulge down there, still I was liking the detail of the human male nipples and naval (belly button) .. not being lewd, I'm not gay or anything either, I just appreciate the detail, and just thought it weird when a fantasy game that needs race defining features should actually bother to show these to help us distinguish between the races or show us how they are different.

human males have body hair, adam's apples, navals, nipples, genitals - but do Elves? draenei? orcs? trolls? dwarves, gnomes, panderan, tauren, worgen?

okay, we know Elves, dwarves, gnomes, worgen are all basically humans with some notable distinguishing feature, cos they've been presented that way from sratch, and in art - elves have long ears/eyebrows , different eye colours, sometimes skin, aside fromt that, i've seeen elves in art with naval, nipples, adam's apples and chest hairs - i know they have male genitals because of the elven human hybrid babies that come out - you're not going to get that without male balls or a naval etc. Worgen are human half the time anyway, can change at will, so wthey'll have all those parts. Dwarves and gnomes are just shorter humans.

but do others like trolls, orcs, draenei, tauren? Tauren and draenei have tails, cows have geneitals, i know, but they don't have adam's apples, they have fur, not the same as hair, but it's cow hair all over. Draenei? no idea unless they put it there, and judging from the new pictures, draenei do not have body hair, they do not have a naval, and they do not have genitals. Adam's apple? the definition wasn't added, but being absent on dwarf and gnomes, that doesn't tell me much. Draenei can mate with orcs, b/c Garona is half draenei/orc - i guess tehre is enough human there also, because she could mate with a human male to get that child of hers, but Me'dan just tells me female orcs have similar parts to human females, which is quite evident anyway, since they have boobs in common, and well down there doesn't look any different except for skin colour .

but anyway, these are details more detail can answer, most recently elves come from trolls, but they look nothing like them, we're just told elves were transformed, elves look like humans much more than they look like trolls, so no idea whether trolls have body hair. they have hair on their head, taht grows funny, they got 2 digit feet, and 3 digit hands, tusks and all, different shape face, i would have no idea if they'd have an adam's apple, body hair or a crotch unless blizzard put one on their models, and i can't judge by elvs, because the 2 are so different, the only thing elvs and trolls have in common is tha tthey both have very long ears and are bi-pedal, everything is different from then on.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a guy and I can't stop staring at those pepperoni gnips.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

draenei faces are surprisingly nice, they actually look good.. probably the best so far.

not seeing any stubble or proper stubble options yet, which would fit male humans and male blood elves very very well. woud be a shame not to have that - BElves should be aiming for that bad boy hollywood star look.

night elves i expect to have like the full on beards, it was a popular request, so they will have those options i'm sure, they were the only male model to sport a decent full stubble hope they keep that, but a hairy face without a hairy body looks weird, atm the best option for a night elf would be to have optional body hair.

humans/draenei/dwarves/orcs/tauren are going to look weird as intellectual casters way too bulky, unless blizzard really alter the image of the mage male stars and portray them as a lot more sporty.. night elves tho actually look the part if you don't see thier muscle definition in the rob gears , they look like tall broad shouldered, but slim enough casters, blood elf males too, and gnomes/goblins being short can pull it off, as can Panderan males since you get the fat male/

Adam's apples- those would be a bonus feature that would fit well on humans and both elves , because they've got the defintion and neck for it so much so that the absence of it makes them look weird, cos most guys of that fit/definned to atheltic tone actually have that quite visibly prominnent, fat hides it, so i won't expect panderan or gnomes to have it, and short necks is a struggle ruling out or at least makin g it acceptable to be absent on dwarves. Draenei/troll/orc aren't human or even based on human like elves/dwarves/gnomes are so adding one is optional, orcs don't have the neck for it, cows really don't have one, trolls have the neck ofr it, but they've a weird body shope anyway, it won't seem odd if tehy didn't, draneei have the sort of body/face that should sport one, but hey, as they're very azeroth alien like orcs are we don't expect them to have one.

didn't know trolls had fur - i know jungle trolls have moss for skin, but blizzard change stuff around so much, having it mentioned obscurely in a novel, or lore rpg game books tehse days doesn't mean anything, it could easily be or not, when they decide to show this detail. But, i don't think troll sare in the warcraft movie, since i think it's based on warcraft 1. they hadn't joined the fight then. ANd yeah, I would have imagined orcs to have some sort of chest hair that goes kinda well with a savage look/feel

but then shrek is completely smooth, and they are alien afterall.

Draenei and undead males are both cute, not really digging the rest of them so far. I have high hopes for night elves, blood elves, and trolls as long as none of them end up with bear-mode hair. In fact, I'd be pretty upset if my night elf male ended up with even just some chest fuzz since then I'd have to change his chest straps into a vest to cover it. Not a fan of hairy elves or elf-like creatures.
    Last edited by Brag; 2014-06-28 at 05:17 AM.

Honestly after I logged in with my character I like the models a lot. My only issue is, the facial style I liked is now poof. Completely. (My main being an Orc, and one of the facial styles is the five-o-clock shadow with blue eyes.) Since it's gone and now with a different face, I do feel as though a free character customization wouldn't be too much to ask for...

Quote Originally Posted by Brag View Post
    Draenei and undead males are both cute, not really digging the rest of them so far. I have high hopes for night elves, blood elves, and trolls as long as none of them end up with bear-mode hair. In fact, I'd be pretty upset if my night elf male ended up with even just some chest fuzz since then I'd have to change his chest straps into a vest to cover it. Not a fan of hairy elves or elf-like creatures.
    you see, i'd prefer the night elves with hairy chests, but not the blood elves, - i think too many of the male models don't have the rather secondary/male defining body hair, seeing it is a prominent gender trait. i don't count panderan/tauren/worgen cos they're animal hybrids and have fur, not hair. - so of the skin males, only dwarves and humans having body hair would be weird. it won't be wird on undead, but we already know they're not getting it.

draenei and orc, don't ahve body hair, they hardly have hair on their head, so it's bovious their species don't really grow much of the thing,, dwarves, humans and elves, are HAIRY - they love hair, dwarves and night elves sport huge beards, Elves even the males seem addicted to long hair and have lots of it, it will be odd for the males not to ahve body hair. blood elves would be able to grow it but i expect would shave it off completley, just like their beards which they keep trim - or are they more like oriental men, in that they don't grow much facial hair? i would say they keep it triimmed short rather than unable to grow, seeing that night elves do let it grow and blood elves fit the more pristine image, and those type of men find hair on anywhere but their head more a nusiance than not.

night elf male druids/warriors i expect would encourage body hair growth, very natural, and let it go wild, they don't strike me as scruffy, at all, more efficient types, clinical, not bothered enough about apperance to even think body hair is a nuisance,a nd living in the wild most often, would keep it. On the contrast, i canot imagine a highbourne or night elf mage keeping body hair either, bu then mages can get pretty absent about personal hygiene and even eating, feeding instead on magic as the be all and all, but then highbourne like blood elves are always been portrayed as particular about such things. 50=50 there, but seeing malfurion and illidan don't have any body hair, you're looking good for a no body hair night elf, but then Varian didn't have any body hair either, so that may just have been because of the low resolution of the older models

Quote Originally Posted by Roamingstorm View Post
    Honestly after I logged in with my character I like the models a lot. My only issue is, the facial style I liked is now poof. Completely. (My main being an Orc, and one of the facial styles is the five-o-clock shadow with blue eyes.) Since it's gone and now with a different face, I do feel as though a free character customization wouldn't be too much to ask for...
    i felt that about the night elf female, i hear she does look really good in game, better than her pics are showing her off as, but her expession is changed, she looks hard, almost cruel ice queen rather than gentle/soft/wise one particular face i thought was really good is now as you say, poof, gone. Enough to make me wanna race change? hmm, the new model is still very pretty, and i'd pick her over the human female, guess i'll wait to see what the blood elf female is like.

Stood in the Fire Grand Phoenix's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing on the human male that turns me off is the chest hair. Just not into that. But they look so much better than their older model and the shoddy animations, so I hope those will be improved.

Draenei actually look like they didn't skip leg day this time. Plus, they're ripped like hell and the lower body is nowhere near as skinny as it did before. I like how they have little fangs now...or if they did, I never noticed.

I would like to see more defined musculature on the blood elf, troll, and night elf males. Maybe some fur on trolls, as I've read they are covered in a very thin layer of it. More details on the hair, especially on that one short haircut the blood elf male has that looks like its swept back with mousse; it just looks flat. And absolutely NO body hair, unless it pertains to beards and goatees.

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    i felt that about the night elf female, i hear she does look really good in game, better than her pics are showing her off as, but her expession is changed, she looks hard, almost cruel ice queen rather than gentle/soft/wise one particular face i thought was really good is now as you say, poof, gone. Enough to make me wanna race change? hmm, the new model is still very pretty, and i'd pick her over the human female, guess i'll wait to see what the blood elf female is like.
    What makes me sad about it is the face no longer has blue eyes, while other faces do, and there's none similar to the old style. :/

I guess not everything was going to transfer all too familiar as they said it would.