Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MaraStarfury View Post
    Unfortunately I already bought the expansion months ago before the cuts. I'm not going to lie and delude myself I'm still going to play the expansion because I love the game and time I've invested and that's my fault because I do like the game but I understand mindlessly buying the expansions doesn't help the game if the number of features lowers each time.
    You can get a refund by contacting CS.

Quote Originally Posted by ScourgeSlayer View Post
    That was planned?
    In an interview on June 8th, 2010, Tom Chilton revealed that the War of the Ancients would be a Caverns of Time raid instance released some time in the World of Warcraft: Cataclysm patch cycle.[1] It was later revealed to be a 5-man heroic dungeon instead of a raid, the raid being the Dragon Soul.[2]
    http://wowpedia.org/War_of_the_Ancients

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyshbonez View Post
    Maybe by the time WoD is at an end, garrosh or whoevers in charge knows they're defeated they go, and blow up the dark portal effectively sealing us from our own timeline, so with the help of khadgar who hopefully has the book of medivh, and skull of guldan opens a new portal to the only place possible..... draenors azeroth... where we get there before the first war, medivh is corrupted, and BAM... new expac
    That actually sounds...really, really cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Der Raid...... /neck hair raises.....

DIE Raid... Some things just hurt the eye
    it is "der Raid"
    http://www.duden.de/rechtschreibung/Raid
    Raid, der

Wortart: Substantiv, maskulin

Bedeutung
    begrenzte offensive militärische Operation; Überraschungsangriff

Its like they play the game, "How fast can we hemorrhage subs?"

But really, sounds like its time to find a new game.

Quote Originally Posted by Tankendog View Post
    Its like they play the game, "How fast can we hemorrhage subs?"

But really, sounds like its time to find a new game.
    It has been like this ever since Monty Brewster was put in charge.

Hey guys, I found the magical answer to the question "Why did Blizzard raise the price for WoD?"
    The answer is: Because they did their market research and concluded that you'll pay it. It doesnt matter how people want to justify why it actually went up (inflation, wow operating costs, employee wages) - the bottom line is they know people will pay it.

Anyone heard of a little game expansion called "Reaper of Souls"? Apparently a few (million) people bought that as well, despite its price increase.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    Hey guys, I found the magical answer to the question "Why did Blizzard raise the price for WoD?"
    The answer is: Because they did their market research and concluded that you'll pay it. It doesnt matter how people want to justify why it actually went up (inflation, wow operating costs, employee wages) - the bottom line is they know people will pay it.

Who wouldve thought.
    They could sell bimonthly expansions for $80 and raise the sub price to $25 and people would still pay them.

Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    They could sell bimonthly expansions for $80 and raise the sub price to $25 and people would still pay them.
    Yes princess, there indeed is a balance needed to be struck somewhere between two extremes of no increase VS your cute example. How clever of you to come to this conclusion all by yourself.

It's called market research - and I think it's safe to say a multibillion dollar company has a few very capable people handling that.
    Last edited by TyrianFC; 2014-08-20 at 03:19 PM.

It's called market research - and I think it's safe to say a multibillion dollar company has a few very capable people handling that.
    How'd all that market research they did at the beginning of Cata and MoP work out for them?

Anyone heard of a little game expansion called "Reaper of Souls"? Apparently a few (million) people bought that as well, despite its price increase.
    I wounder if that was the same market research team that concluded people will sit around for a year and a half between content patches? You know that little game called WOW which bleeds subscriptions every quarter.

Quote Originally Posted by Splub View Post
    Wow... 10 dollars more than the last one. Maybe you should stop being so cheap and get over it.

If you don't like the direction the game is going in, theres nothing more you can do but stop paying them money and play a different game.
    Or you can complain to the company vocally. There are other forms of protest than simply stop paying.

10 dollars relative to the price is still a 20% increase in price, yet we're not seeing a 20% increase in value. Inflation isn't the total story as we've only gone up 9.3% since 2010. However, they did hire a ton of new staff, so there you have it.

People should still have the expectation that they are receiving a quality product relative to what they paid for previously, especially if we're continuing to pay a sub fee.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    I wounder if that was the same market research team that concluded people will sit around for a year and a half between content patches? You know that little game called WOW which bleeds subscriptions every quarter.
    Yeah, actually they're still making quite a bit of money because they know people are willing to pay them for the opportunity to sit around in their game.

Quote Originally Posted by Moobid View Post
    Or you can complain to the company vocally. There are other forms of protest than simply stop paying.

10 dollars relative to the price is still a 20% increase in price, yet we're not seeing a 20% increase in value. Inflation isn't the total story as we've only gone up 9.3% since 2010. However, they did hire a ton of new staff, so there you have it.

People should still have the expectation that they are receiving a quality product relative to what they paid for previously, especially if we're continuing to pay a sub fee.
    Blizzard has entered the "I don't give a fuck *throw a hissy fit if people don't lick their balls every time they release a product* phase of a companies life cycle. Consider your bluff called at this point. The only thing that has any possibility of getting WoW back on track is to stop giving Blizzard your money at this point.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eace View Post
    So you tolerated WotLK where we had Naxx and ToC, but you can't tolerate shorter xpacs with only 2 tiers? Lol ok.
    Naxxramas was new to me and Trial, though boring in scenery, was still fun.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Naposim1337 View Post
    If you are counting only raid content, sure. But expansion gives you new abilities, new continent, new quests, new races... Yearly expansions with one less raid tier would be A LOT more value for your money.
    The question is will we get that? If they cut down on raid tiers, who says they won't cut down on other things? Who says they won't just base another expansion on Draenor, give us three new islands, one new raid and four more dungeons at launch and call that an expansion?

And it wouldn't be more value for my money, because I'd still pay for two expansions now and get less raids. I'd pay more money for two expansions, because they raised the price, and get less content, because they cut a raid tier per expansion.
    Last edited by mmocedbf46d113; 2014-08-20 at 03:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    Blizzard has entered the "I don't give a fuck *throw a hissy fit if people don't lick their balls every time they release a product* phase of a companies life cycle. Consider your bluff called at this point. The only thing that has any possibility of getting WoW back on track is to stop giving Blizzard your money at this point.
    Not really a bluff, just a different opinion than your own.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eace View Post
    You only got the number of Raids correct for MoP. The rest is more or less bullshit.

TBC: 8 raids, 51 bosses (53 if you count the world bosses)
    WotLK: 8 raids, 53 bosses (9 and 54 respectively if you count Onyxia)
    Cata: 6 raids, 31 bosses
    MoP: 5 raids, 43 bosses (49 if you count the world bosses, 52 if you count the Celestials separately)

I don't know about you, but I think that 49 original bosses in MoP is a lot better than the 54 in WotLK, which included a whole rehashed raid tier.
    MoP was fine in terms of raids, but if you don't count world bosses, which were really not that interesting bosses to begin with and don't require to design a raid environment, then it's on equal footing with Wrath, even if you don't count Naxx. And Wrath had more diverse raid environments. But really, MoP was nothing to complain about. Only Cataclysm stunk and only because Firelands and Dragon Soul had so few bosses, Firelands was all fire and Dragon Soul reused environments.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lunaru View Post
    Just because one expansion had "X" amount of 5 man dungeons, does not mean the next has to be similar or a larger amount
    It certainly shouldn't be cut in half for several expansions though. Every expansion after Wrath had way too few launch dungeons and MoP had too few dungeons over the whole expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Goshko View Post
    even counting revamped Onyxia, Ruby Sanctum, VoA, ToE and Obsidian Sanctum as actual raids, which they arent
    Of course they are actual raids.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kae View Post
    As well as this, 5-mans are kind of tricky to measure, because TBC especially loved the whole "Winged" dungeon thing... where they basically had 3-4 dungeons with very very similar themes and art assets and basically were parts of a whole. They kind of stopped doing that for the most part (with a few specific obvious exceptions like remade SM) and the WoD dungeons especially seem to have had a lot of art and attention put into making each of them pretty unique to each other, even though there's less of them total.
    One of the WoD dungeons is a ride on a train.

But you're right, TBC had a lot of winged dungeons that shared art, and I think they should do things like that again. I don't expect 16 dungeons with unique art, that would be ridiculous.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kae View Post
    And if you count VoA as a raid, you kinda have to count MoP world bosses as a raid, since they were the same thing.
    Nah they weren't. They had the same function, but they actually had to develop a raid environment for Archavon and Tol Barad. And the world bosses were really not that interesting boss encounters, lags would be an issue, forcing me to never really be able to really react to the mechanics of the boss and I don't even remember some of the mechanics of them, because I never really needed to.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    Hey guys, he mentioned TIERS not RAIDS. That means there could be 4 or more raids. But the gear will only be 2 tiers. The Onyxia raid for example dropped the same raid tier Blackwing Lair did (T2).
    You can hold on to that hope, but I wouldn't. I would expect one more raid after launch in WoD. The one with Grom.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zarc View Post
    Well, Tom Chilton also said in a recent interview that "each raid content patch needs about four months to breathe", which contradicts any notion that they would have only two raid content patches in one and a half years... rather it would seem their intentions are to have 3 raid content patches, each lasting for 4 months making, which makes one full year. Add to that the initial launch week and a final month of pre-expansion release content and you have a 13-14 month expansion which would fall in line with their "an expansion every year" goal.
    Yeah the four month thing made me wonder, 4 months is really too short anyway, but I think they wouldn't aim for that. I think they'll aim for six months.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    One of the WoD dungeons is a ride on a train.
    Yeah, and it's awesome?

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    And Wrath had more diverse raid environments.
    That's somewhat arguable, really. Wrath's raids can be split into "Is it cold and rotting? No? Then there's a dragon." Mists was all over the place but there were less of them.

Wrath:
    Naxxramas: Multi-level compound with multiple themed wings. (Main theme: Death and decay.)
    Obsidian Sanctum: Bigass Crater with various Black/Twilight Dragons. (Main theme: Dragons)
    Ulduar: Multi-level compound with variously themed bosses. (Main theme: Titans ((until Old God last two bosses)))
    Trial of the Crusader: Single room, multiple bosses. (Main theme: Tirion or something.)
    Onyxia's Lair: Single room, single boss. (Main theme: Dragon.)
    Icecrown Citadel: Multi-level compound. (Main theme: Death and decay.)
    Ruby Sanctum: Single room, four bosses. (Main theme: Invasion.)

Mists:
    Mogu'Shan Vaults: Large compound, linear path (Main theme: Titans/Mogu)
    Heart of Fear: Large compound, linear path (Main theme: Mantid)
    Terrace of Endless Spring: Few rooms, different race for every boss. (Main theme: Sha)
    Throne of Thunder: Multi-leveled compound, various themed wings. (Main theme: Lightning/Mogu)
    Siege of Orgrimmar: Multi-leveled compound (first four aren't even in the same area, but still), multiple-themed bosses. (main theme: Garrosh, secondary theme: Old Gods)
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Quote Originally Posted by Revak View Post
    So this is turning into: World of Warcraft: Call of Duty?!!!! Push out as many games as possible. I do not like this philosophy. $15/month + $50/year (which is more than the first 3 expansions cost with a lot less content).

I'd prefer they do more content per expansion cycle. Every 6 months release a new raid tier. Then a new expansion every 18-24 months (3-4 raid tiers per). I look back and think that I would not had nearly as much fun with TBC or WotLK had they only lasted one year.

I haven't really seen anyone wanting quicker expansions. Most people want quicker content. If another raid tier had been added in May people wouldn't be nearly as upset. They are dragging this no-content phase out way too long and getting our hopes up d/t a larger team. And then we are seeing content slowly disappear from WoD and it's looking like a half an expansion. WoD should just be a large content patch for free or for 1/2 price. But somehow they are charging more for it. The player base has every reason to be upset b/c Blizz is milking them hard core. Blizz is full of smart and talented people. Surely at least one of them realizes they are raising prices for less content (expansion costs more with less and content during this expansion was less and lasted a long time).

Edit:

Back to my point about WoD being a free large content patch (or cheaper). IMO this would have made a lot of sense. We are chasing Garrosh (still) and then are facing Gromm. Would have been a great segway into the Legion and extended MoP out even longer. Players would probably be extremely happy with a large content patch like this. Kind of the "Sunwell" of MoP. Taking us somewhere else but still pursuing something similar to what has been going on in this xpack. Just my opinion of course.
    I'm sure they would be happy with a couple years worth of effort being given to them for free. But here in the real world that kind of production has to be paid for by the customer. It's unfortunate that so many of you are unhappy about it, but that's the way it's going to be.