Page 9 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    I don't know, I am torn, I love it when they change the classes up, game gets really stale when they do nothing to the specs or abilities for the whole expansion.
    I understand your reasoning, but in my opinion they've been changing some of the classes too much lately in between expansions. Many classes feel completely different now than they did in Cataclysm, which was completely different than how they played in WotLK, etc. You don't need to reinvent the wheel - just make it better.

Quote Originally Posted by Kebren View Post
    An expansion after 1.5 years would line up quite well with the Warcraft movie coming out in 2016. I wonder if they plan any kind of tie-ins between the two.
    They've stated multiple times that they won't.
    “It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so fucking what.”

So, its paying 100 $ for 2 expacs (24months) instead of 50$ for 1 expac (18-24 months) for roughly the same content...
    nice deal...

Quote Originally Posted by Denkou View Post
    I understand your reasoning, but in my opinion they've been changing some of the classes too much lately in between expansions. Many classes feel completely different now than they did in Cataclysm, which was completely different than how they played in WotLK, etc. You don't need to reinvent the wheel - just make it better.
    That is actually what I love most about each expansion is the big gameplay changes to the classes/talents and the stat changes and all that fun stuff, it is where most of the enjoyment in the game comes from for me, I mean yes I love the story and other aspects of the game but the changes for better or for worse let me play a spec I know differently.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just realised that the next expansion is pre-cata Azeroth using time travel to return to a post-WoTLK world where the subscription numbers were higher and a reason to start in Draenor next expansion so we can come back to a nostalgia Azeroth... or maybe an Azeroth conquered by the Legion instead...
    Adding bewbs to his Avatar since 2011

Archimonde is already a possibility. There's an item that drops off a rare in Talador called the Burning Legion Missive. When activated, a vision of Archimonde appears espousing that the Legion has "found them." I actually have the item myself on the beta.
    Signature and Avatar by maybenotquiteasheavy!

Quote Originally Posted by lyphe View Post
    Actually, I have no idea how people like you don't get it. They aren't purposely bullshitting anyone. Faster expacs are good for Blizz. They get the hype and they get to charge you $50+ for a new box. It's better for the health of the game, and consequently, better for the lucrative subs. So although you seem to believe that Blizz is this giant lying bs machine that has no interest in following through on fast expacs - that logic is immature at best.

Where Blizz has fallen short is on execution of their desired strategy. But as a guy that has been around the business world for a long time, I'm here to tell you that especially with a company like Blizz ... they may screw it up initially, but eventually they figure it out and deliver on the promise.
    They've been falling short on execution for YEARS, it stopped being a valid excuse after ICC. There's no "screw up initially" left.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    Umm pretty much this whole thread is about how people think Blizzard is full of crap when they say the development cycle is going to be faster.

The only real question is does Blizzard authentically they will have a faster development cycle no how delusional that is going to be.

Or are they spewing that crap out there so that down the road when they fail they can trot other tired excuses like staffing problems, cutting out raid tiers, "doing it the Blizzard way" and making it perfect, or whatever garbage they want to toss at the customers feet.
    Don't forget they pushed out content this expansion faster than ever. They recently announced WoD is taking longer than they planned for partly due to scope and size of WoD and partly due to adding 80 people. That said, with those new people added and the possibility of two tiers per expansion I have no doubts they could hit 18 month expansions easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Drathos View Post
    They've been falling short on execution for YEARS, it stopped being a valid excuse after ICC.
    At least this time they buffed up their development team considerably, I'll give them this one last chance to prove themselves that they can provide faster content releases.
    You just lost The Game

Quote Originally Posted by lyphe View Post
    Actually, I have no idea how people like you don't get it. They aren't purposely bullshitting anyone.
    I have a five you old son who deludes himself into believing he can/will do things he can't do, but that's ok he is five and trying to overachieve is good for him.

Blizzard however, is a company full of adults who self delude themselves into believing they can do something they can't do year in and year out, so its a lot less charming.

They've been falling short on execution for YEARS, it stopped being a valid excuse after ICC. There's no "screw up initially" left.
    The issue is they make plans for things too big for their britches, or they run into a huge development snag and one feature takes precedence over others.

10+ Year Old Account
    It seems like a systemic management problem that they always miss their target of improved release frequency.

That said, if they do want to land smaller and more frequent expansions, that's fine as long as the price is adjusted accordingly for each.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    The issue is they make plans for things too big for their britches, or they run into a huge development snag and one feature takes precedence over others.
    You'd think they'd learn their lesson after a couple of times of not being able to actually do what they plan, though.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by shadowstep View Post
    So, its paying 100 $ for 2 expacs (24months) instead of 50$ for 1 expac (18-24 months) for roughly the same content...
    nice deal...
    It will be probably more like 16 months per expansion in reality if they are lucky, so 100$ every 32 months, which isn't completely terrible. I spend more money on weed in a year than I do on WoW so meh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MaraStarfury View Post
    Seems so, but what did we gain for this missing raid tier?
    Ashran faction "capitals"

lawl.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    to me, it personally feels like they want to do shorter expansions so they can charge people $40 every 12-18 months vs. only getting $40 every two years, but thats just my opinion

You'd think they'd learn their lesson after a couple of times of not being able to actually do what they plan, though.
    They are the perpetual example of falling off their wagon only to get back up and fall again lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Njorn View Post
    At least the expansions will come out quicker?
    Less content, more expansions?

More content, less expansions? I'd rather go with quality expansions than lots of them (which I can't say we've had anyways).

Three raid tiers is the best. Ideally you'd get ~6 months of each tier. That would amount to each expansion lasting 18 months, which would be fine.

Only two raid tiers seems really short, unless the tiers are super long and challenging and can actually last a long time without growing stale.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    Your title is incorrect, you forgot "probably (not)" and "in theory".

What do you find interesting about this? Are you happy about it or sad? Are you just playing journalist and reposting without actually wanting a discussion on a forum?
    did you click the link just to be an a-hole ? slow your role dude.