Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by inboundpaper View Post
    I'm still waiting on the Starcraft fps.
    Yes. Give it to me.

Still salty that Starcraft: Ghost was cancelled, and that's been over 8 years now.

I'd love an open world Adventure/RPG in the vein of the Bethesda style with Blizzard's IP and quality. Especially if it was co-op.

I guess I'm alone in thinking Skyrim is massively over rated.

Some of the older Elder Scrolls games are good though.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. I wonder why they doesn't want to make RPG. They have good RPG system of characteristics and classes, rich lore and various locations. They can make good quest lines and have resources to make really cool RPG, which trump TES.

I very much enjoy the gameplay of a traditional Elder Scrolls game. I also enjoy the world/lore/fiction of the Warcraft universe.

Combining these two things would make for a potentially great gaming experience.

Sign me up!

Absolutely. To be honest, I'd give a shot to pretty much anything Blizzard made. They made Warcraft an MMO after it started out as an FPS, so I'm pretty sure they could do that sort of thing.

I'd really like to see a Starcraft MMO. A "World of Starcraft" type of game would be very relevant to my interests. A Starcraft FPS could be fun too. I was very disappointed when Ghost got canned.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2014-08-20 at 04:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    Yes I would too. But to be frank, I do love MMO (the mmo part) far more then a single player game. Thats why I hate how WOW is becoming more and more single player minded. Still I'd very much (for a change of pace) play a single player RPG-WoWlike game.
    It's always had that single player vibe to it. Outside of instanced content there was nothing in WoW from day one that could not be soloed. That stand today. Even though you can queue up for dunveons and raids today it still requires the efforts of others to complete. The end game big stuff will always require others. Getting there can be a solo experience jusf like always.

sure just no creepy zoomed in conversations like in morrowind and fallout 3

10+ Year Old Account
    Those kinds of games are very popular and it would probably be lucrative, but probably I wouldn't buy it; the genre is not really for me. If I'm going to have that kind of game, I'd rather it be online with friends, at which point it would basically be WoW.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Yes I would, with WoW lore and Elder Scrolls style game....

"shut up and take my money!"

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    What part of "a first person, single-player RPG game like Skyrim or Fallout" was unclear?
    The part where he wanted to instill his disgust for TESO into this thread. You can't blame a fellow for having nothing better to do then just bash another game that has nothing to do with this thread.

OT: Probably. While Blizzard isn't particularly good at innovation, they are definitely capable of putting their own touch on a game and making it pretty good.

If its like Skyrim, i.e singleplayer on Steam, moddable with Workshop then definitely yes

Deleted
    Ofcourse, I'm not sure anyone would say no.

I would. I love me a bit of Skyrim and WoW done Skyrim style would have me throw money at them personally.

Skyrim is not just first person. Oblivion looked like shit in third person, but they really made the models a helluva lot better in skyrim, so every skeleton and muscular system allowed posing that made every animation look like a bad ass action figure or statue. It's problem when playing in third person is just exacerbating the problem you still have in first person, the melee combat is wonky and feels kind of floaty and not very solid. But I love the nuanced walking animations in Skyrim and just walking through cloud strewn mountain paths and forests was a delight, with a gamepad on my PC the walking is dynamic rather than a single toggle like the keyboard forces, so you can accelerate or decelerate at realistic rates, and watch your avatar animate wonderful like in the process. You also lean into inclines and lean back when walking down hills now in Skyrim, a nice touch for third person immersion.

Darksiders though or the Legend of Zelda or Darksouls, they don't have that problem. Or the new Witcher, omg, look at that shit.

Now merge that with the cartoon style of Warcraft and it's lore and the open world to explore like an Elder Scrolls game, and you have got magic.
    So "lol" at people making this a Skyrim vs other Elder Scrolls game issue, as if that's the point at all. Mwa ha ha ha ha! (chokes on chicken bone)
    Last edited by Yig; 2014-08-20 at 07:45 PM.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

man the genre that skyrim is in is called first person RPG. a blizzard RPG in what universe? i'd play a wow or diablo RPG but not a starcraft rpg

Deleted
    To be honest, as long as the game looks good, is very open worlded, has some good quests, good combat; I'd love the living hell out of it. So I guess yes, but I would much rather want a Warhammer game in this scenario

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Skyrim like yes TESO hell no

Quote Originally Posted by sarecho View Post
    man the genre that skyrim is in is called first person RPG. a blizzard RPG in what universe? i'd play a wow or diablo RPG but not a starcraft rpg
    Well son (or daughter), Bethesda is increasingly polishing the third person elements of their games since Morrowind, to a point in Skyrim where it's actually more than a token option. I love the mod that let's you use all the NPC emotes, like leaning up against a wall with your arms crossed, warming your hands at the fire, eating bread, drinking from a tankard, playing instruments, waving at people on the road, and much much more.

That stuff makes me feel all fuzzy inside in single player RPGs as well as multiplayer, I like interacting with the world as much as possible and treating my avatar like a puppet. Then when I'm in a dungeon or something whenever I feel like it, I go into first person. It's cool like that, much like my posse.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    To be honest, as long as the game looks good, is very open worlded, has some good quests, good combat; I'd love the living hell out of it. So I guess yes, but I would much rather want a Warhammer game in this scenario
    Well, you're getting that if you like 40k, the newest 40k game which was an MMO is now blending the open worlds and exploration of the planned MMO with the combat of Space Marine, but better.

But I want Warhammer Fantasy
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh yes!! Imagine the next Warcraft being a single player RPG like Skyrim!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Back during WotLK, I started to wonder what an Elder Scrolls game with Warcrafts atmosphere would be like. I'm still waiting for it.