Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Challenge mode rotation arms.

Hey guys my guild group is progressing on stormstout currently and having a lot of trouble. I am the tank and Storm stout sucks dick as prot(we've gotten within 10 seconds of completing it just not enough. Plus I first and foremost have always been dps so I feel like a fish out of water. So our warlock is looking into the demo tank strategy so I may go arms for brewery. However I can't find a single rotation guide (been to long since I haven't had 2 peice teir 16.) Anybody got a recommendation. Also this has been pretty vague what SHOULD I be gemming some say strength but that would recquire an entire regemming. Thanks for reading.

10+ Year Old Account
    Icy-veins should have the rotation with and without the 2P bonus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Ah right guess its pooling for slams then. Do you know about the gemming situation?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Most liekly it´ll be crit and/or mastery. Surely the arms guide in this forum will yield some insight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valech View Post
    Most liekly it´ll be crit and/or mastery. Surely the arms guide in this forum will yield some insight.
    Right but as I said in the OP back in the day during 463 gear and such you didn't gem the same as now. It was at a certain gear threshold.

Deleted
    The rotation is pretty much MS on CD, pool rage for CS so you can mash slams in there with SS up and Bladestorm whenever it is available.
    For gemming you'd actually want to focus on str more than crit at the scaled down gear level, if you don't want to mess up your current gear too much, you can get away with going more crit focussed too but it'll have slightly less throughput I found.

Gemming is Strength>Crit. Same as Proving Grounds.

Deleted
    Str>Crit>Mastery

on trash pull thunderclap, sweeping strikes, bladestorm with enrage up

on boss: MS > CS > SLAM, and execute like no tomorrow under 20% Oo

Arms is pretty OP after 5.3 (or 5.4) if you know how to avoid melee dmg, since they buffed bleed damage through the roof

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    I don't think tier bonuses work for Challenge Modes. Same with legendary cape and legendary meta gem procs.

For the last boss we have our healer go DPS as well which helps with the time.

- - - Updated - - -

Arms being the AoE king, AoE rotation should be Thunder Clap > Sweeping Strikes > Bloodbath > Bladestorm.

Quote Originally Posted by Hahnh View Post
    The rotation is pretty much MS on CD, pool rage for CS so you can mash slams in there with SS up and Bladestorm whenever it is available.
    For gemming you'd actually want to focus on str more than crit at the scaled down gear level, if you don't want to mess up your current gear too much, you can get away with going more crit focussed too but it'll have slightly less throughput I found.
    I play pure crit when doing carries and found it to be fairly competitive.

Deleted
    You never gemmed strength as a warrior in MoP

With 463 str is the strongest stat to gem for as an Arms warrior.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

A whole time back when I did brewery our healer switched to dps on the last boss. Was a dk tank so a bit more healing but should be doable.

10+ Year Old Account
    We ended up getting the gold tonight but hopefully this thread will help any aspiring arms challenge moders. Somehow I went from 23k dps to 50k after swapping BB+BS for Avatar and DR as prot.

Quote Originally Posted by Warriorsarri View Post
    With 463 str is the strongest stat to gem for as an Arms warrior.
    Red = Str/Crit
    Blue = Smooth or Piercing (if the bonus is worth getting)
    Yellow = Smooth

The reason being due to gems having double the budget on secondary stats than primary. In other words, each point of strength must be worth at least twice as much for each point of crit, haste, or mastery. This has never been the case the entire expansion.

Edit: Well if this many people are saying I'm wrong then I probably am.
    Last edited by Trubo; 2014-08-20 at 04:42 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    This has never been the case the entire expansion.
    It was the case for my CM set (25 sockets, 3 pieces from bis CM afaik). Too few posts to post a link though!

Trubo, for secondaries to be 2x as strong as Str you need a fair bit a gear. At the start of T14 it was best to gem for str, but once you got BiS T14 Crit became the strongest stat to go for. Either way, both ways are really close to each other, and no matter what you do you'll see good numbers.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Red = Str/Crit
    Blue = Smooth or Piercing (if the bonus is worth getting)
    Yellow = Smooth

The reason being due to gems having double the budget on secondary stats than primary. In other words, each point of strength must be worth at least twice as much for each point of crit, haste, or mastery. This has never been the case the entire expansion.
    You're actually wrong there, with pure 463 gear, Str pulls ahead of crit enough for arms to favour strength in gemming rather than crit

E: dangit, Sarri beat me to it
    Last edited by mmoca57b028f33; 2014-08-20 at 08:50 AM. Reason: dangit Sarri beat me to it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Warriorsarri View Post
    Either way, both ways are really close to each other, and no matter what you do you'll see good numbers.
    That's the relevant part, in 463 it's important to have as many sockets as possible. Doesn't matter if you fill them with red or yellow gems, both have their justification depending on the instance/pull/boss/situation.

What we can say is that strength will net good results each and every time while a crit may not happen during reck & banner up on that sha beast amplify phase and you wipe on wave 29

Quote Originally Posted by klausistklaus View Post
    What we can say is that strength will net good results each and every time while a crit may not happen during reck & banner up on that sha beast amplify phase and you wipe on wave 29

We can say that Strength is undoubtedly and mathematically proven to be better than Crit. Also, if you wipe at wave 29, you have bigger issues.